Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Career Officer
# 21
01-28-2013, 11:59 AM
this really does need to be fixed asap cos iv not got the money i paid with or my zen, think i might set up my own internet company too and do the same and just rip people off cos it seems they can do anything they like and get away with it

Last edited by retrosrages; 01-28-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
01-28-2013, 12:59 PM
from the sounds of things this really is PayPal's fault. I have also spoken with the Billing Department within Perfect World Entertainment and there is nothing that they can do with regards to the fact that we didn't get our Master Keys during the sale because of this problem. The only thing that can be done is for us to hope that Cryptic Studio's is nice and gives us an additional sale. Unfortunately that is extremely unlikely at this point.

I just hope this issue is resolved soon and that the issue doesn't repeat itself on my birthday in 9 days because I really want to use my Birthday money on one of the Perfect World Entertainment games...

While I am at it, I hope the issue with the not being able to log in is resolved soon as well because I would definitely like to be able to log into this game after class tonight.
# 23
01-28-2013, 01:24 PM
hey guys,

we're really sorry about this problem - we've even temporarily removed PayPal as a payment option from our website until everything is taken care of.

the payments you made between midnight and now were successful, but they aren't being communicated to PWE from PayPal. as a couple of you have mentioned, this isn't specific to PWE and PayPal is understandably overwhelmed with the issue.

if you contact PayPal directly, they are going to say that the payments were successful. because that's the truth; the payments were successful. the payments just aren't reaching us (or any other vendor) with any reliability.

we can't give an ETA when this will be fixed, because it all depends on PayPal. once they do fix it, the payments should all award ZEN.

if you missed a sale or don't want the ZEN at that point, please feel free to let us know and we'll issue refunds. we don't want to issue refunds until everything is fixed, however, because we don't want there to be any extra problems or crossed signals.

thanks for being patient and understanding, and hopefully this will be all taken care of soon.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 24
01-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seralynn View Post
hey guys,

we're really sorry about this problem - we've even temporarily removed PayPal as a payment option from our website until everything is taken care of.

the payments you made between midnight and now were successful, but they aren't being communicated to PWE from PayPal. as a couple of you have mentioned, this isn't specific to PWE and PayPal is understandably overwhelmed with the issue.

if you contact PayPal directly, they are going to say that the payments were successful. because that's the truth; the payments were successful. the payments just aren't reaching us (or any other vendor) with any reliability.

we can't give an ETA when this will be fixed, because it all depends on PayPal. once they do fix it, the payments should all award ZEN.

if you missed a sale or don't want the ZEN at that point, please feel free to let us know and we'll issue refunds. we don't want to issue refunds until everything is fixed, however, because we don't want there to be any extra problems or crossed signals.

thanks for being patient and understanding, and hopefully this will be all taken care of soon.
Thanks for the update, seralynn

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
hey guys,

Phew, really glad to hear this. You put my mind at ease, thanks for taking the time to give this some attention, and make it right.
Career Officer
# 26 Can't use PayPal for Zen?
01-28-2013, 01:42 PM
I was going to buy Zen points, but PayPal is not currently on the list of options as far as I can see.

What gives?
Career Officer
# 27
01-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Someone posted a dispute where they bought Zen with PayPal but it wasn't credited to them. PWE blamed PayPal, and PayPal said PWE already took the money and is scamming.

The business relationship may have broken down with PWE being marked as scammers by PayPal.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Ensign
# 28
01-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
hey guys,

Glad to hear that you're hard at work at fixing this problem. I for one was one of the many purchasing Zen for a few last-minute discounted Keys, and I'm glad that PWE will be providing compensation.
Career Officer
# 29
01-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Actually, here's an official response from PWE billing:
Quote:
hey guys,

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 30
01-28-2013, 04:05 PM
cool minds set at ease.