Rihannsu
# 121
01-28-2013, 09:07 AM
I disagree that the mining claims are worthless. I actually like them way better as a prize than any type of "boost" that were droping from previous boxes. Now I can go to the asteroid every other day and get 10000 dilithium in a couple of minutes from just one mining site. Awesome stuff for all the characters I didn't get a chance to play much recently.

I agree though that these items should be account bound, not bound to character. I can understand the decission of keeping them out of the exchange, but I honestly see no reason why we can't put them to our account bank at the very least.

Personally I don't have this problem of hundreds of claims on a single toon, as I've opened several boxes on all of my characters, but I support the idea of making these claims account bound.
Survivor of Romulus
# 122
01-28-2013, 09:10 AM
They are bound to character because they contain a good source of Dilithium.

Fed: Eng (Five) Sci (Maelrock) Tac (Shen) Rom: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Career Officer
# 123
01-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Mining Box & Claim would have been better served had the reward been a reset of your daily refine, while maintaining the 20hr claim use.

Regardless of all the trolls posting on here about this and that, the box being character bound, the claim being character bound and the refining being 8k only = dumb reward.

Had Lobi not been character bound over account bound, this would not be an issue.

my two cents on the matter.
Republic Veteran
# 124
01-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Best option to me seems to be to have the Dilithium Claim Box as account bound but, when you unpack it, the Claims themselves be character bound.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Commander
# 125
01-28-2013, 12:02 PM
I am just going to pop in here and throw in a vote for unbound.

I could use EC more than Dilithium.....
Lieutenant
# 126
01-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Unlike many in this thread I actually like the lock box concept, I think its a really good idea and its definitely got more of my money whilst keeping a smile on my face.

Until this.

I've not stopped opening lockboxes (Im still going through a few cardi and ferengi I had, and will probably get a few more from my fleets bank when they have finished), just I wont be opening the Dominion ones, purely because of this claim.

I have 2 characters, my fed - who I play every day, and my KDF which I've just started up to play for maybe an hour or two on the rare days im online all day.

My Fed makes more dilithium every day than I can refine, WITHOUT ANY GRIND. Basically from my Doffs (whom I have invested heavily in) and STFs/ Dailys which I would play anyway.

In addition to this I have often found if I have gone dil mining (usually for particle traces) the game glitches and I cannot move (or see) the minigame and basically end up with the lowest possible score - 25 dil I think. If the rich claim is done via the same game, theres a good chance I'll end up with nothing.

If I could transfer it to my KDF, great - I'd probably even use her a bit more. But as it is, its worthless.

My suggestion to fix what has already been broken is to at least let us trade the damn things in for lobi.
Captain
# 127
01-29-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1884 View Post
I've not stopped opening lockboxes (Im still going through a few cardi and ferengi I had, and will probably get a few more from my fleets bank when they have finished), just I wont be opening the Dominion ones, purely because of this claim.
It's kind of along the lines of this. Destroying the Dominion boxes and buying others off the Exchange when I'm trying to get Lobi for a toon.

Dil's just so easy to get - hence the 8k cap for most of us - that something like this has no value. In having no value, it decreases the overall value of the box compared to other boxes.

No doubt, as evidenced in this thread, they do have value for some players out there. Even there though, it's a mixed bag in regards to where that value exists - BtC or BtA.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Career Officer
# 128 Stinks
01-29-2013, 07:15 AM
Yeah, this is not one of Cryptics finest moments.
Career Officer
You can only refine 8000 a day so what's the point of putting a cool-down on the mining claim? It seems the epitome of pointlessness.

Unless the cool-down is there just to annoy players and waste our time having to make a separate trip to the asteroid for each one.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Captain
# 130
01-29-2013, 08:13 AM
18k EC each trip...no need to cry. But you have a point, double cap doesn't make sense.
Go pro or go home