Career Officer
# 31
01-28-2013, 01:37 PM
6 day work week? does sound fishy to me...
do the Devs get paid for all 6 days? or is this a "we need you to work more for the same price or we can't afford to keep you employed anymore" kind of deal?

what if they do want to keep their 2 day weekend ...i know, i would!
i really do not want to suffer the in-game results from Dev Burn Out Syndrome...
there is too much rushed, glitched, bugged, unfinished, not working as intended and just pure lousy quality content inside STO already (not saying that there is no good stuff here, just that the bad is sometimes overshadowing the good and a bit more quality control, and finishing what you started mindset, would help a lot)
Lieutenant
# 32
01-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Ive got to at least question the wisdom of posting an upbeat state of the game while many players are unable to connect due to an issue.

Just a suggestion maybe hold off on the good news next time until the problems resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-28-2013, 01:48 PM
lol, everyone in this thread has completely lost their sh*t... haha.
twitter - tehjonel
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-28-2013, 02:06 PM
LOL 2 million suckers
Career Officer
# 35
01-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
6 day work week? does sound fishy to me...
do the Devs get paid for all 6 days? or is this a "we need you to work more for the same price or we can't afford to keep you employed anymore" kind of deal?

what if they do want to keep their 2 day weekend ...i know, i would!
i really do not want to suffer the in-game results from Dev Burn Out Syndrome...
there is too much rushed, glitched, bugged, unfinished, not working as intended and just pure lousy quality content inside STO already (not saying that there is no good stuff here, just that the bad is sometimes overshadowing the good and a bit more quality control, and finishing what you started mindset, would help a lot)
I'm sure the developer positions are salaried. They could be using some kind of bonus pay program though I suppose.
Republic Veteran
# 36
01-28-2013, 02:30 PM
The state of the game, eh?

Can't load the launcher.

Have to use an alternate site address.

On and on.

Third anniversary here we come.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Career Officer
# 37
01-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Half of the Players can't get the Launcher to load.

Might have waited until that is fixed, Brandon, before posting this......

Just sayin'........
Commander
# 38
01-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
I'm sure the developer positions are salaried. They could be using some kind of bonus pay program though I suppose.
That's well possible... but imagine... maybe all the developers negotiated a european (or French!) style contract?
36h work week, paid per hour, overtime paid extra, weekends and holidays paid extra, late hours paid extra, most insurances covered, including health and pensions.

I could quite well imagine why Cryptic couldn't really get anything done.

Developing videogames under humane conditions is just too damn expensive.

He's dead, Jim.
Career Officer
# 39
01-28-2013, 02:37 PM
So - the TL;DR of it is "We're great, see?!?!? Here's a free ship (that we will Z-store a superior version soon after) and more content (lockboxes and other grindey stuff)"

Amirite?
Commander
# 40
01-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
All players who complete the new episode between Jan 31st and Feb 14th will receive a free Ambassador Class (Fed) or Kamarag Class (KDF) starship as a reward.
Do we get a free ship slot or is this gonna eat a slot like the Odyssey/Bortas did?