Career Officer
# 71
01-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Yes, that would be a start and compensation...

and an apology and admittance of their mistake.
One would thing that the rather Large RED Paragraph at the top of the Forums, would be more than enough of an indicator that They are aware of the problem and are trying to FIX IT.

An apology would be in order if They had done this on purpose...,
I rather doubt They started out the day with the new company motto...

"Let's see how many folks we can pizz off today"

As far as compensation goes... it's been about 7+ hours at this point...

Even the Cable Company makes ya wait more than 24 hours, before arguing with you about compensation.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-28-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 72
01-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Yes, that would be a start and compensation...

and an apology and admittance of their mistake.
They said sorry already...and they are not going to give out compensation for a few hours, you might want to read the terms when you signed it about you don't get jack if the game is down for technical difficulties.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Lt. Commander
# 73
01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
What happened to branflakes post saying that the "more than 2 million" number was actual players and not number of characters/alts? Did he delete it? Was it wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-28-2013, 03:21 PM
you people, really... lol.

apology, compensation, and a public admittance of their mistake. do you want one of the staff to commit seppuku too?

go get some fresh air or something. some folks seriously need to chill out. haha.
twitter - tehjonel
Survivor of Romulus
# 75
01-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
you people, really... lol.

apology, compensation, and a public admittance of their mistake. do you want one of the staff to commit seppuku too?

go get some fresh air or something. some folks seriously need to chill out. haha.
^THIS^ Come on guys, chill, after all it's just a game. We all love it, but at the end of the day it's just a game

It's not like they intended for the launcher to crash or not working to fix it.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Survivor of Romulus
# 76
01-28-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm curious as to why this launcher deal only affects some of us?

I am one of those that can still log in as usual after the patch (which I'm happy about btw).

The only "unusual" thing I can think of that I did is that ran the Force Verify from the Options menu once before starting the game.
Captain
# 77
M'kay , two interesting tidbits :

- 2 Mil "captains" -- is this users , toon's , accounts , what ?

- 6 day work week -- why ?
Why would they demand more work days from their employees AFTER staffing up ?
The master plan not shaping up as fast as they thought it would ?

Didn't Dan boast about "Season 8 well show what a full staff can do" ?
How did that turn into "a full staff working almost a full week" ?

This just seems a bit odd .
In other businesses , this would be the equivalent of NOT hiring more ppl , despite a greater-then-expected workload .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Lt. Commander
# 78
did anyone else notice this problem came up when they started maintenance today and put in that patch?

btw the sotg article is bland as hell without much special
Empire Veteran
# 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
::: cough cough ....

This is actually why many of us have been waiting to see the stats published ... the fear that its the flagships all over again.
When it comes up to the KDF development I don't put much faith in any promises made. I will just expect the usual.

#1. Promises are then doctored by the overlords giving some prepared statement on how not enough money is generated in the KDF so it will not go anywhere.

#2. Some hand me down is given, thrown upon it will be the Klingon costume of the federation ship.

#3. This hand me down with the Klingon costume is then nerfed into oblivion to make the opposite faction feel better about their purchase when it comes for the not so free version coming out.

#4. The KDF players buy said ship but then they wait until majority has one and then is nerfed even further. I'm not gonna waste my dilithium though if they keep this practice up though because they haven't shown me a reason for a KDF player to even pay real money to play this game.
Republic Veteran
# 80
01-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
M'kay , two interesting tidbits :

- 2 Mil "captains" -- is this users , toon's , accounts , what ?

- 6 day work week -- why ?
Why would they demand more work days from their employees AFTER staffing up ?
The master plan not shaping up as fast as they thought it would ?

Didn't Dan boast about "Season 8 well show what a full staff can do" ?
How did that turn into "a full staff working almost a full week" ?

This just seems a bit odd .
In other businesses , this would be the equivalent of NOT hiring more ppl , despite a greater-then-expected workload .

Either they hired part time staff, they have time-management issues or something big is coming down the pipe.

Part-time staff makes sense -- you can avoid paying benefits. More profit for the profit-gods at PW but a less efficient programming cycle results.

Time management issues -- how many times do we hear that they are "busy with other things" and don't have time to work on the issue at hand? And how many times have we gotten a slapdash or broken THING released to us... something that reeks of having been coded in a Starbucks two hours before the bus that runs you to work arrives.

Something big -- there is a movie coming out. We have a celebrity-VO mission this week, and there are several Trek anniversary milestones this year. We could be on the cusp of something major, game-wise.

But then again, given the track record of releasing broken, unfinished and bugged content, powers and ships I suspect it's one of the first two. Especially after seeing the launcher issues of the last three weeks suddenly explode into a major downtime event.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"