Starfleet Veteran
# 11
01-28-2013, 10:11 AM
It`s just insane i think fleet who get this far and finish the project should get a specail reward. that in turn would make other fleet want to finish the project.
Career Officer
# 12 Overpiced
01-28-2013, 10:13 AM
For what you get it os overpriced. Starbases and embessy have ment the death of small fleets for long time and it will not get any better from what i can tell.
"Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
Commander
# 13
01-28-2013, 10:53 AM
I for one welcome the massive dilithium sinks like this. I don't have much use for mine, so I trade it in for cheap z-points. Mmmm z-points...

It's not even that bad really. Starbase and embassy upgrades aren't meant to be something you complete as soon as they become available. The items you can get from them are stupidly overpowered anyways, I'd say it's a fair tradeoff.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-28-2013, 10:56 AM
2 mil dil for some bank and mail access that you can get outside on new rommy??

what a load
dont think my fleet will be knocking that out anytime soon
will just finish the other tiers and leave that alone
Captain
# 15
01-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
I for one welcome the massive dilithium sinks like this. I don't have much use for mine, so I trade it in for cheap z-points. Mmmm z-points...

It's not even that bad really. Starbase and embassy upgrades aren't meant to be something you complete as soon as they become available. The items you can get from them are stupidly overpowered anyways, I'd say it's a fair tradeoff.
I'm generally sharing your concept, but at the problem of.. what is there to buy anymore! D:

A ton of costumes im not fussed over,
A ton of ships i dont need for my current ship(s)
Character increase of bank spaces/invy sapces which again, not fussed over..

The only thing that comes to interest in zen at the moment is keys *wretches quitely*, or retrain tokens.. which i dont want to buy because they are so expensive D:

all these zens with nothing to spend them on ;(
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Commander
# 16
01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
I'm generally sharing your concept, but at the problem of.. what is there to buy anymore! D:
Which is why I'm stocking up on them. I do plan on buying a Vesta shortly which will put me back quite a bit, as well as a respec or two, then saving up for retrait tokens if those ever come out. Then future uniforms, but I doubt any of them will be as good as the ones I have.

This game is still going surprisingly strong, I'm sure we'll see tons of good stuff in the future.

The weird part is I've been able to properly balance my dilithium needs with my z-point needs. I've been able to buy fleet weapons within a day of deciding I want them (or even the day of). People really blow these dilithium sinks out of proportion. They're sinks, not black holes that devour every last dilithium you have against your will.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Captain
# 17
01-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
then saving up for retrait tokens if those ever come out. Then future uniforms, but I doubt any of them will be as good as the ones I have.

This game is still going surprisingly strong, I'm sure we'll see tons of good stuff in the future.

The weird part is I've been able to properly balance my dilithium needs with my z-point needs. I've been able to buy fleet weapons within a day of deciding I want them (or even the day of). People really blow these dilithium sinks out of proportion. They're sinks, not black holes that devour every last dilithium you have against your will.
Retraits would be VERY nice to have , i also share the uniform feeling, there are some about that i think ill be sticking with ^^

Just hope that the 'good' stuff isnt limited to the L-store

Yeah people squawking about the blackhole sinks dont realize.. they dont have to run every mission to get by in the game =D
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Community Moderator
# 18
01-28-2013, 11:28 AM
If you have nothing to spend Zen on, stick it in the Dil exchange for some really great price that hasn't been seen for a long time. Maybe someday it'll get back there, and you'll have a windful of Zen. If you decide you need Zen along the way, you can always revoke the order.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Commander
# 19
01-28-2013, 12:47 PM
I don't see the problem; the upgrade isn't that important, so just take your time on it!

I do think though that project costs could really do with scaling with the fleet-size. So when you start a project if your fleet size is only 50 then your costs would around half the costs of a fleet with 100. Maybe not quite half exactly, as I would expect a small fleet to have more individual contribution (everyone pitching in) while a larger fleet might have chunks of users that aren't quite as active, not necessarily free-loading, but any large organisation decreases in inefficiency
Career Officer
# 20
01-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Frantstuart, what fleet are you, send me a message, i am interested in maybe joining.