Captain
# 81
01-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
What happened to branflakes post saying that the "more than 2 million" number was actual players and not number of characters/alts? Did he delete it? Was it wrong?
I'd like to know this as well. If that is the number of players, it means that only 2.5% of the entire playbase has played the most popular Foundry missions.

It has to be a cooked number, like number of characters that exist in the system, regardless of whether those players are even playing the game. Or, it's just the number of accounts that exist, not the number of folks who actually play the game anymore.

Last edited by kirksplat; 01-28-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Captain
# 82
01-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the update! Love how the Ambassador finally made it to the game. That ship has always been one of my top favorites. And now I can finally fly it. My Eng. Capt. is leaping with JOY !!! Can't wait to do the missions to get her, and get my Capt. into the chair!
Captain
# 83
01-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
you people, really... lol.

apology, compensation, and a public admittance of their mistake. do you want one of the staff to commit seppuku too?

go get some fresh air or something. some folks seriously need to chill out. haha.

This forum is absolutely everything awful about MMO's with the added bonus of Trek nerds. It needs fumigation.

I say that as a lifelong Trek nerd. But Jesus, this place. This godforsaken place.

The more I come here the more I realize how lucky I am that I landed in a really good fleet, full of sane, normal human beings, who actually make playing the game more fun.
Commander
# 84
01-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
you people, really... lol.

apology, compensation, and a public admittance of their mistake. do you want one of the staff to commit seppuku too?

go get some fresh air or something. some folks seriously need to chill out. haha.
QFT

/10chars
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Lt. Commander
# 85
01-28-2013, 05:17 PM
I had to stop reading that about 1/4 of the way in as I broke down laughing. The 'state of the game' is comical. How's that saying go, 'A train wreck is an awful thing, but yet you can't look away'.
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Empire Veteran
# 86
01-28-2013, 05:18 PM
So what exactly is 18% to 20% of 2 Million?
Empire Veteran
# 87
01-28-2013, 05:28 PM
As to the negativity of this thread...whats the worse that can happen? We get letdown again?

Been there done that many times. Like a blunted blade offers little to fear and no longer cuts as deep.

Its time for something new and different....
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP

Last edited by bitemepwe; 01-28-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 88
01-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
As to the negativity of this thread...whats the worse that can happen? We get letdown again?

Been there done that many times. Like a blunted blade it has little to fear and no longer cuts as deep.

Debating on if I like your new avatar or not. Same Yellow Beard I see but a different pose. ... hmmm.

As for disappointment and the KDF faction .... Did you notice how we got our scraps waved around in the air like we got many and great things this past year?

::: shrugs ... I still love the game though as well as the KDF faction ... So I let it slide.

Why do I let it slide? ... They will give us what they give us when they give it and there is nothin we can do about it.

BTW, G'hargh ... I still blame you for letting that foul Cannibal Tribble loose in First City.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Republic Veteran
# 89
01-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

Been there done that many times. Like a blunted blade it has little to fear and no longer cuts as deep.

Launcher issues persist. I had a hard time getting back in after dinner.

Really this is enough. Not a rage quit... not yet... but it's getting closer.

My tax return is inbound, once I get my new gaming rig I'll be spending far more time in Secret World and other games that don't require nearly as much BS as this game requires. I want to be told a story, not grind six hours a day for the latest in broken or nerfed gear that is "working as intended.

The state of the game is absolutely unacceptable... being broken weekly and in a state of decay the rest of the time.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Ensign
# 90
01-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
^THIS^ Come on guys, chill, after all it's just a game. We all love it, but at the end of the day it's just a game

It's not like they intended for the launcher to crash or not working to fix it.

How true...it IS only a game people. If you think this is bad; being unable to access for going on 11 hours now, you should have been here in the fall of 2010 when STO was down for almost 3 days. lol

I do however wish Cryptic would "consider" debugging BEFORE going live, but they never have before so I don't expect they ever will.

Find something else to do for today/tonight and chill peeps.

As for compensation? NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. rofl