Career Officer
If your going to post something negitive or bag on people who post here, please dont. I for one really like this game a lot. I started playing around the time when the 2nd anny started, and have played almost every day since then. Is the game perfect, for some yes, for some no. To spend or not to spend money on it is everyones choice.

Tell me here what you think positive of the game, what is your favorite thing to do. or ship to fly. Maybe what content you would like to see added to the game. I am looking for positive feedback here, nothing more. I will keep playing till they close it down.

JC
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-28-2013, 03:38 PM
I spent a good six to eight hours this weekend just playing the missions, using the XP boost to get a toon from Captain to VA. And you know what, it was fun! The story missions are all decent, especially when you haven't done them in a while, and the gameplay is good.

I'm still going to spend most of my effort in the Foundry, but really the core game here is quite fun if you just don't worry about stuff and let it be fun.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Career Officer
# 3
01-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Despite all the little nagging problems...

I still really like this game after 3 years of playing it.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 4
01-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Love this game woo!!!

If you dont like it, just dont play it! If it dies, it dies. But from the looks of it, it aint happenin anytime soon!

Besides, its JUST A GAME yo.

areallygoodone!

Republic Veteran
# 5
01-28-2013, 05:56 PM
DOFFing eats up at least 4 hours of every day.

Sometimes I go to bed at 4am because some previous activity (work/exercise) took longer than usual and I can't just skip of DOFF reset.

Thanks Heretic. ><

Also: PVE alpha strikes on a Tac captain in a bugship with Advanced Fleet Antiproton CrtH, lots o' Crit/Antiproton consoles, 2 Blue Romulan Tac BOFFs, and T5 rep. PEWPEW KABOOM!
Captain
# 6
01-28-2013, 06:14 PM
It's a fun game. I wish I had something to buy with real money so I can reward the devs properly like I did with Champions Online. (Nothing changes the gameplay here like buying an AT or free form does in CO. My tactics are similar if I'm in a Defiant, Intrepid, or Galaxy Class because they don't need to be different: Shoot until dead. Occasionally buff shields. Try to play an Inferno like a Behemoth in CO? You so dead.)
# 7
01-28-2013, 06:18 PM
I just started playing this. I'm stuck on the Borg tutorial mission. I can't seem to disable the arrays. I know you're supposed to walk up to them after you get the shield down but nothing happens. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. After awhile the shield goes back up and I get stuck inside the shield and then the Borg come back and I have to die and respawn.

Must be something wrong with game. I love Star Trek and Star Trek games but I'm not a fan of these World of W a r c r a f t type games. I played that for about 20 minutes years ago and got sick of it, not my cup of tea. I want to like this game but I just feel overwhelmed with it and get the same w a r c r a f t feel that I didn't like in this type of game. Also, and I don't mind spending money on this game if I came to enjoy it, like a lifetime membership, but what I won't be doing is buying credits all the time to unlock things. So how often do you have to unlock something?

Well, for now I can't play it any more as I can't continue until I beat this Borg mission, it seems stuck. I think I was stuck in the shield so I guess when I get back in the game, that's where I'll be, it's done that a few times already.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-28-2013, 06:25 PM
I love the game. I have since OB. There have been times when I've walked away...for extended periods, but I keep coming back.

I've been RPing since the beginning, and I used to keep a pretty good Captain's log of my accomplishments (need to get back to doing that).

The Pokedoffs currently keep me busy; logging in ~3 hours a day to grind them out. (just a few more clusters to go!

Enthusiastically looking forward to the future of the game.
Career Officer
# 9
01-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddrunnerx View Post
I just started playing this. /snip
try asking in "The Academy" man, this is not the place for in game help. Id reply, but then id encourage you to not ask in the right places.

"The Academy"
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/fo...play.php?f=127
Captain
# 10
01-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Overall, I like this game. Coming from BSGO (by the way, why on Kobol did they nerf the strikes?!?), it's a vast improvement on content, immersion, realism, etc. I've met some of the most wonderful people on STO, and they've changed my life.

Going back to the game itself. I don't like Season 7 overall, but I do enjoy the new content that was put out in Season 7... and Season 6... and F2P. The Foundry is an amazing tool which I'm just beginning to get real comfortable with. And the amount of content in the STO universe is simply mind-boggling.

I must say, the early reviews of this game as a "bug-ridden, piece of garbage" don't at all reflect the current state of the game. It's a wonderful creation.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!