Ensign
# 1 Explanation please ?130 spent
01-28-2013, 06:13 PM
?GBP130/$204/151euro Worth of dominion lock box's opened and not even 1 jam hadar ship

I demand an explanation that is just ridiculous I know people who have opened 20 box's and got 2....

Just to give you an idea how many box's ive actually opened...

I currently have over 160 rich dilithium vain tickets...

Im not happy $204 is more than a years subscription to world of ******** also 2 thirds of a lifetime subscription to star trek online WTF...

(Also why are the forums incapable of showing the british pound symbol...)

Last edited by shagnastie; 01-28-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 2
01-28-2013, 06:20 PM
RNG. If you don't like to gamble, it's probably better to sell keys/modules for EC and use the EC to buy what you want.

Not sure how many Lobi you have by now, but if it's almost 800, you can just buy the Dreadnaught Carrier.
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Cryptic has 99 problems, but a user who got suckered into gambling for lock box goodies ain't one.

You should have sold those keys on the exchange for EC then just bought the ship from the exchange.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Ensign
# 4
01-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag View Post
RNG. If you don't like to gamble, it's probably better to sell keys/modules for EC and use the EC to buy what you want.

Not sure how many Lobi you have by now, but if it's almost 800, you can just buy the Dreadnaught Carrier.

Thanks for the reply Corgatag I have 780 Lobi crystals and 4 keys left if I get to 800 Ill buy a dreadnaught but im not buying any more keys without a good explanation from sto as to why I havent got one

Surely u must agree with me that somethign isent right here?
Ensign
# 5
01-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagnastie View Post
Thanks for the reply Corgatag I have 780 Lobi crystals and 4 keys left if I get to 800 Ill buy a dreadnaught but im not buying any more keys without a good explanation from sto as to why I havent got one

Surely u must agree with me that something isent right here?

I dont mind spending the money if ide gotten one

My point is with that amount of money spent and that amount of lock box's opened I should have deffinetly got at least 1 drop
Captain
# 6
01-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Man you could have sold 60 Keys on the Exchange and just bought the ship. I bought Both for 160 mil EC. I have told people over and over just sell keys for EC and buy the ship off of the exchange, you will always spend more trying to get if via opening boxes. I have made lots of EC buying the phased polaron boxes for 250k and selling the weps for 500K to 20 mil EC for XII DHC ACCX 2 weps. I spent 15 mil EC buying the Wepon boxes and made 102 mil EC off of the Weps inside.
Ensign
# 7
01-28-2013, 06:28 PM
I just feel cheated man

I really dont think what im saying is unreasonable.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-28-2013, 06:28 PM
I recently finished off the supply of Cardassian lock boxes that I had bought in stacks of 10 for 1ec/stack. Well over a hundred boxes and no Galor.

/shrug That's gambling for ya.
Republic Veteran
# 9
01-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagnastie View Post
Surely u must agree with me that somethign isent right here?
In terms of getting a string of bad luck, I sympathize, but it's a real part of almost all games.

In terms of advertising, it would be nice if Cryptic actually posted probabilities, but they are not legally bound to do so and it's not in their business interests to do so. Also, users would still be unhappy because the math is a bit tricky.

Suppose the probability of getting a lockbox ship was announced to be 0.5% (1/200). Most people would just turn that upside down and assume that they only needed to spend $200 to get one. However, in actuality, there is a whopping 37% (.995^200) chance you will get 0 ships for that $200.

I think, in the end, the fact that you can just buy ships for Lobi was a decent answer. There is an upper bound of $360 you'd have to spend to get a Dreadnaught Carrier (less if there is a Zen/Key sale).

In either case, I'm also risk averse, so I will always choose the EC route.
Ensign
# 10
01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag View Post
In terms of getting a string of bad luck, I sympathize, but it's a real part of almost all games.

In terms of advertising, it would be nice if Cryptic actually posted probabilities, but they are not legally bound to do so and it's not in their business interests to do so. Also, users would still be unhappy because the math is a bit tricky.

Suppose the probability of getting a lockbox ship was announced to be 0.5% (1/200). Most people would just turn that upside down and assume that they only needed to spend $200 to get one. However, in actuality, there is a whopping 37% (.995^200) chance you will get 0 ships for that $200.

I think, in the end, the fact that you can just buy ships for Lobi was a decent answer. There is an upper bound of $360 you'd have to spend to get a Dreadnaught Carrier (less if there is a Zen/Key sale).

In either case, I'm also risk averse, so I will always choose the EC route.
Agreed risk is a factor when gaming and hoping for drops
But when your talking about spending that amount of money and not getting is just greedy on there part it shouldent be possible to spend that amount and not get one

It should be capped or somthing say the max u can open without getting at least 1 of ALL rewards is $80 worth or somthing

Im heavily pi**ed off about this and I honestly cant see me buying another key or anything from the store ever again

Its not the money now its the fact im disgusted that they would allow this to happen
my opinion of the company has just hit rock bottom if im honest.