Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,541
I was looking at the Transphasic cluster torpedo. Especially after the last few days where I've been noticing it impact against players and almost kill them.. Then I read it..while in space.

With NO Consoles, and only 6 Points in Projectiles.. it says it deals 2,096 damage PER MINE.. and when it spits them out it deploys 10 Mines, with 40% Shield pen..

Which means if each mine hits a protected shield facing that is at least 20k damage.. How ever, even if there are shields it deals at least 800 damage per mine before resists are calculated.. An that's 8,000 Damage in total...right? Or am I wrong and Crazy?
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,495
# 2
01-28-2013, 11:30 PM
It has the same CritH issue that Tric Mines have. W/debuffs and CritH it can kill, or Tac buffs maybe. Really if the CritH issue was fixed it'd be ok. It's also not high on my concern list given a TB and a volley can kill it. Also, bfi and other spike resists help. Many people switch to TBR as well.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,275
# 3
01-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Breen torp has always been op... it just never worked properly. lol

No seriously 2 things have changed that yes I believe make it one of the many BS items in the game.

1) they fixed it... I know right. It used to not launch 25% of the time so lots of people never dreamed of really using it for more then the lulz.

2) The addition of Torpedo doffs. Anytime a torpedo doff procs... it reduces the cool down of the breen cluster torp. Honestly if I put on on my torp brel I can launch one about every 8-16s aprox... which is much much faster then the 45s it was balanced at. I have gotten lucky roles where I have had 3 out at once that hadn't landed yet cause someone was trying to outrun them instead of shoot them.

1 - To balance these things honestly.... They likely SHOULD not be Transphasic. (I know I know there breen and they use them) but something like photon would have been a better choice.

2 - Torpedo doffs need to stop effecting them.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 4
01-28-2013, 11:57 PM
I brought this topic up in another thread where i even choose to change APO abit. Breen Cluster is a menace especially with the crit link going on. Im suprised why this one wasnt touched by the devs, but tricobalts were.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,691
# 5
01-29-2013, 12:01 AM
probably because trics were critting for 100k+ easliy..where as here its not even 10k per....ist more like 20k-30k in total and thats if the torp hits.....if not your sol lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 6
01-29-2013, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
probably because trics were critting for 100k+ easliy..where as here its not even 10k per....ist more like 20k-30k in total and thats if the torp hits.....if not your sol lol
Well true, but trics can only be deployed every minute while breen clusters of whom you can equip several of, has a much higher RoF. On top of that tric mines are EASY to evade as long as you are on the move and keep a high speed. The blast from the tric will usually skim your shields, while trannies will go for full damage impact regardless of shields as it hits hull directly. The only times where trics really ARE danegerous is when your ship is held or immobilized.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 522
# 7
01-29-2013, 12:12 AM
To be fair, shield tanking has gotten to be a little OP.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 8
01-29-2013, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magniacapra View Post
To be fair, shield tanking has gotten to be a little OP.
How? Shields are bloody easy to deal with. To be honest I have a bigger issue with speed tanking.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,691
# 9
01-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Well true, but trics can only be deployed every minute while breen clusters of whom you can equip several of, has a much higher RoF. On top of that tric mines are EASY to evade as long as you are on the move and keep a high speed. The blast from the tric will usually skim your shields, while trannies will go for full damage impact regardless of shields as it hits hull directly. The only times where trics really ARE danegerous is when your ship is held or immobilized.
Ah i see....i didnt know you could equip multiple...i always thought it was a unique one per ship weapon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 411
# 10
01-29-2013, 12:26 AM
Is it me?
I noticed they no longer crit one = crit all ?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 AM.