Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 101
01-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeswar2 View Post
to anyone who experienced it the last time this happened: has the previous time this happened start on a day which they did maintenance and patch?

if it did then it must be coding in the patch or the maintenance they did to make this happen to some people
The launcher error started occurring before maintenance this morning, so it was unrelated.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 102
01-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unikon View Post
Can we get another starship design contest? It doesn't have to be the Enterprise.
That would be fun. The only question is, which ship would we design?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
# 103
01-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
What happened to branflakes post saying that the "more than 2 million" number was actual players and not number of characters/alts? Did he delete it? Was it wrong?
It's what they call an "Ooopsie"
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Empire Veteran
# 104
01-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Compensation, what about all those KDF players who couldn't do the Academy Mission (Learning the Lore of the Empire) for over a month last year? None of those got Dilithium rewards for that blunder. Cryptic will never compensate any of us for things like this, wrong I know but it's a company with very little loyalty to the customers who show loyalty to them, like those who continued a subscription for like a year or two when there was no development and the game and Cryptic's future hanged in the balance. Oh how such things are forgotten.

As for the last about Stahl's favourite things last year, he listed just about everything that was done, propaganda at it's finest. It's polished to look like they did more when in fact they didn't and what they did do wasn't even tested. I've never encountered a game with this many bugs on a live public server nor such an upset and disgruntled customer base. Goes to show how much they are doing right.

Dan and Dev's please just make new missions, more story, bring the KDF up to the same content completeness as the Federation then work on both factions equally and fairly while you put down the ground work for the Romulans who a lot of people here are eagerly awaiting. Make us all happy, these endless grind and lock box ships aren't doing it, that's not content, at least not what your customers are after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unikon
Can we get another starship design contest? It doesn't have to be the Enterprise.
Only if they open it up to all players not just those inside the US's boarders. Offer Zen or Dilithium or all the Lock box ships ever done as a reward, something that wouldn't complicate running a contest worldwide. Maybe even a free lifetime to those who don't have it, if they do allow them to choose a friend to receive it instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"

Last edited by majesticmsfc; 01-28-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Captain
# 105
01-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
Guys remember the Free Odyssey was horibble and just a place holder until the Pack came out. The new Ambassidor will be the same until the C-store version comes out.
I disagree. The free Odyssey was (and still is) a very solid cruiser. It is strictly better than the assault cruiser (and clearly the star cruiser). Capable of dishing the same damage, yet being a much better tank. Not to say it offers great customisation options if you want to have, say, GW.

Therefore it was the best free cruiser you could get. Now, of course, you can only get it from a Tier V shipyard --> Hardly free, and therefore any good.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 106
01-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
That would be fun. The only question is, which ship would we design?
Shuttlecraft.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 107 Ambassador
01-29-2013, 01:25 AM
Any idea if the new free ship will be T3 or T5? from what I have read (nothing official so far) the free ship is T3 and the T5 is going to cost ZEN

Hope its a Free T5, but then they will make certain Z-Store versions for sure like the oddy
Empire Veteran
# 108
01-29-2013, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vividh View Post
Any idea if the new free ship will be T3 or T5? from what I have read (nothing official so far) the free ship is T3 and the T5 is going to cost ZEN

Hope its a Free T5, but then they will make certain Z-Store versions for sure like the oddy
I sure hope it's a single ship and not a pack when it goes into the C-store (Cryptic Store), hate those 5k Zen ship packs, to get the most out of the ship you need to fork double what it will usually cost. This game is already too expensive and you don't get value for your money not to mention the character bound stuff which is a real pain on those hard to get items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Republic Veteran
# 109
01-29-2013, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
I sure hope it's a single ship and not a pack when it goes into the C-store (Cryptic Store), hate those 5k Zen ship packs, to get the most out of the ship you need to fork double what it will usually cost. This game is already too expensive and you don't get value for your money not to mention the character bound stuff which is a real pain on those hard to get items.
How is the game expensive? It's free.

Career Officer
# 110
01-29-2013, 02:43 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed 2012, the game improved in so many ways with a great FE series, new play grounds and lots of new toys. There wasn't a single bug that stopped me playing although there were some serious ones that were fixed reasonably quickly once identified.

I am encouraged by the fact there are 2 million players, or is that characters? Nevertheless it's a lot and the forums are alive with all kinds of ideas and suggestions.

The future looks very bright indeed for STO, our only Star Trek fix available unless you count reruns.

The only thing that I find objectional are some of the purile and immature whining that we see from the basement nerds on some threads and in particular this one. Fortunately the DEVs have thick skins and are able to ignore the "push button get bacon" brigade and cater for the wider less obnoxious majority of the fans out there.

Keep up the great work Brandon, Jeremy, Dan and the rest of you, congratulations on your 3rd year anniversary, looking forward to the next 3 years