Ensign
# 21
01-29-2013, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Would you rather spend your 15 minutes sitting and shooting at timid mobs that don't even fight back while defining themselves as "combat" oriented. OR would you rather spend yoru 15 minutes actually engaging in combat with enemies designed to test your skills ?
I get my fill of combat in STFs already, so I will gladly take the sitting duck missions for some leisure, thank you.
Career Officer
# 22
01-29-2013, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
I have never once gone AFK during a grinder mission and have always played them through and quite frankly, I find the insinuation offensive. I don't expect you to fill my inventory on one try. I don't expect you to do anything but allow those of us who enjoy a different playstyle than you do to enjoy the game as we see fit.

I played your spotlight mission. It was nice. You did a good job. I don't have time or energy to play that style of mission every day, though. I find the easy grinder missions to be a nice release after getting home from my %&$^ of a RL job.

I don't have a problem with you spending your creative efforts creating missions and being rewarded for your efforts, but I do have a problem with authors such as yourself having an elitist attitude. You can deny it all you want, and maybe it's not what you intend, but that's what's coming across.

Questions based on your own response.

Is your "playstyle" then blowing up mob after mob of timid battleship creatures who will not fight back ?
Is there somewhere else in the game this happens that establishes it as a "playstyle" ?

What part of "I want you to have ACTUAL Grinder missions." Is being lost here?

I want you to have missions completable for the IOR Repeatable assignment.
I'm just asking that you actually fight those enemies that appear in a supposed "combat" mission.

I am NOT asking for Cryptic to take away your ability to get FM,Dil and Stuffs.

BUT

If asking you to earn it through actual combat makes me an elitist , well then I guess I am elite.

Have a nice day.

Oh, and to be clear.
I think the OP idea is a terrible one.

Last edited by hippiejon; 01-29-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 23
01-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Is your "playstyle" then blowing up mob after mob of timid battleship creatures who will not fight back ? - If that is what I choose to do, then yes.

Is there somewhere else in the game this happens that establishes it as a "playstyle" ? - This is irrelevant if I choose to play this way.

What part of "I want you to have ACTUAL Grinder missions." Is being lost here? - I have not heard that from you. I must have missed it.

I want you to have missions completable for the IOR Repeatable assignment.
I'm just asking that you actually fight those enemies that appear in a supposed "combat" mission. - I do. See previous post.

I am NOT asking for Cryptic to take away your ability to get FM,Dil and Stuffs. - Ok, then we don't have a problem.

BUT

If asking you to earn it through actual combat makes me an elitist , well then I guess I am elite. - I seem to remember firing something at every ship I've ever blown up. I've got my borderline carpel tunnel to prove it.

Have a nice day. - Good day to you, sir.

Oh, and to be clear. I think the OP idea is a terrible one. - Then we do agree on something.

Porthos is not amused.
Rihannsu
# 24
01-29-2013, 05:19 AM
IOR will never encourage most players to play "real missions." Everyone did clickies when they worked. After clickies were nerfed people moved to the shooter grinders.

Disabled battleships are only currently the favorite because they drop extra loot. Otherwise they would be fighters or something equally easy. Or weak ground enemies that can be killed by boffs.

I have even seen a mission somewere that said it has a 20-minute time delay and then you win. A delayed-action clicky. I don't know if it works because I got bored waiting for it and did a grinder instead, but I'd think about it before opposing shooter grinders.

I've said it before, making IOR 30min instead of daily was a mistake. It further encourages people to play quickies, as even players who have the time and patience for a proper mission are encouraged to do something they can finish in under 30 minutes.

To encourage players to play story missions, they would have to give rewards not otherwise available. IIRC there was talk of giving special rewards for spotlight missions, but the last time I did one, I got nothing so apparently that didn't make it to the game.
Republic Veteran
# 25
01-29-2013, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Then Cryptic should do the wise thing and not call this an exploit. That's what grinds my gears about it, aside from the egotistical foundry authors. I remember when the dilithium clickers hit the fan one of the devs, maybe even the head dev said something along the lines of "we don't want it played like that". Really burned me up to hear that. If it was what people wanted, then they should have accommodated the playerbase.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that since the chosen few are raising holy heck about this it will be nerfed into oblivion soon enough and we will have to grind away in the "proper" manner. I'm through feeling like a "villain" by doing something that I would imagine the great majority of the playerbase is doing, though.
"playerbase" also want OP ships that blow up stuff easy, and be given everything for free. I rather have Authors rat out on other Authors than Cryptic coming back and "fixing" the foundry again.

The OP well that's just unnecessary work.

Lt. Commander
# 26
01-29-2013, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Bring your A game. Load up on the most cheesiest combos and equipment. You like one tric ponies? Well, its authorized!

Clear them as fast as you can, as often as you can. Rate them as low as possible.

And with enough times, the AI would consider it unsuitable for the IOR.

(You can keep the vendor change as you **** the grinder dry, or donate to a charity of your choice.)

I've already done a lot of battleship grinders by participating in them and completing them way ahead of time. Going to try and break some boff grinders soon. But I can't do this alone. Are you with me?
Grumpy Cat says...no.

Personally, I have better things to do with my time on STO than play "Foundry Police". If people want to do that so be it, its their experience not mine, and in my mind I have little to no right to tell anyone how to play the game.

Last edited by sharyssa; 01-29-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Career Officer
# 27
01-29-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
"playerbase" also want OP ships that blow up stuff easy, and be given everything for free. I rather have Authors rat out on other Authors than Cryptic coming back and "fixing" the foundry again.

The OP well that's just unnecessary work.
To each his own, I guess. As I stated previously, this is not a game-breaking item. Just my two cents.

Porthos is not amused.
Career Officer
# 28
01-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboholic View Post
It's this Holier-than-Thou attitude that some Foundry authors seem to have developed that has stopped me from playing most Foundry missions.
If they really offended you, you'd burn through their missions as quickly as possible and leave them bad reviews.
Captain
# 29
01-29-2013, 06:29 AM
I think is something all the "serious" Foundry fanbois should do. Make a big public spectacle of it. Be proud and make your names known what you are doing and why you are doing it.
Captain
# 30
01-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
What part of "I want you to have ACTUAL Grinder missions." Is being lost here? - I have not heard that from you. I must have missed it.
Actually I think he called it cheating and called on his buddies to report them en masse.
Closed Thread