# 111
01-29-2013, 02:50 AM
Is the launcher fixed yet??
Commander
# 112
01-29-2013, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post

The only thing that I find objectional are some of the purile and immature whining that we see from the basement nerds on some threads and in particular this one. Fortunately the DEVs have thick skins and are able to ignore the "push button get bacon" brigade and cater for the wider less obnoxious majority of the fans out there.
See, this is what makes me laugh and I wonder about people like you who come on here and don't think first before posting.

Isn't your post puerile and immature whining, about people that are whining?

Isn't calling people "basement nerds", making you out to be someone who who fits the above too?

I take it that the Devs must ignore your post too, as it's just as obnoxious as those you state they ignore?

Fortunately the "whiners" are thick skinned too and are able to ignore the "defenders" of the devs and everything Cryptic, however your post fits into the "whiners" category too, so in fact your one of us no?
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Community Moderator
# 113
01-29-2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
How is the game expensive? It's free.
Agreed. It is what you make it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Empire Veteran
# 114
01-29-2013, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

Devs, " We've done these great things for STO....
"
Player, " meh"
The sad part is that in this set-up, "meh" would get the KDF further ignored as without the "numbers" .... they move on.

In reality, the only thing that truly helps the KDF cause are those pointy-eared Romulan-wannabee players as Cryptic can't really launch a third faction until the second faction is "complete."

The real question is what in the eyes of Cryptic is considered "complete" ?

But going back to "meh" ... That's honestly about how I feel about KDF development as I've gotten tired of waiting for them to get around to it.

I love the KDF faction ... but Cryptic's development of it is something else entirely.

DStahl's responses about our faction definitely left me feeling evening more meh as I feel like we are looked at as foolish children who will know no better.

I've gotten to where I skip over his responses to our faction as I don't really care about his responses any more.

When I see true development in game on the KDF front, then I'll perk up and pay attention again.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 115
01-29-2013, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Agreed. It is what you make it.
Indeed, I've not played other MMOs but from what I understand they can be seriously expensive and STO is the only one that offers a route to obtaining everything in the game without paying any real money at all., but please correct me if I'm wrong.
Starfleet Veteran
# 116
01-29-2013, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
How is the game expensive? It's free.
Unless you want to have a non-gimped experience or use any new ships. Then it's either pay in $$ or in time since new content requires dillithium directly or converted into zen.

If the game was completely free it couldn't exist so there's enough money going into it from somewhere. Some players play for free but overall it is not a free game.

I don't think I've expressed this very well. It's free but it's not free. The f2p model is both money-making and attractive to those who are spendthrift. Maybe not having to pay money encourages someone to spend more.
Empire Veteran
# 117
01-29-2013, 05:19 AM
Only way we would ever get KDF content fleshed out is if some billionaire bought Cryptic out and just happened to be a Star Trek fan + a Klingon fan. Its not a very positive outlook but its the truth LOL.
Career Officer
# 118
01-29-2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
Then it's either pay in $$ or in time
That covers just about everything in life lol
Empire Veteran
# 119
01-29-2013, 05:26 AM
Quote:
That covers just about everything in life lol
Yes... Feed the machine! ITS HUNGRY!
Commander
# 120
01-29-2013, 06:12 AM
Quote:
I am encouraged by the fact there are 2 million players, or is that characters? Nevertheless it's a lot and the forums are alive with all kinds of ideas and suggestions.
I think he said "captains", so most likely characters.
The number of accounts is probably around 1/3 of that, and the number of players might be 2/3 of that, 1/4 of which are active.

That leaves us with about 100.000 players active at any given time, 10-20% of which are online.
Could be some truth to this estimate.

He's dead, Jim.

Last edited by lolimpicard; 01-29-2013 at 06:14 AM.