Career Officer
# 121
01-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
This forum is absolutely everything awful about MMO's with the added bonus of Trek nerds. It needs fumigation.

I say that as a lifelong Trek nerd. But Jesus, this place. This godforsaken place.

The more I come here the more I realize how lucky I am that I landed in a really good fleet, full of sane, normal human beings, who actually make playing the game more fun.
Pointless trash talking, if it wasn't for the serious concerns and criticisms as well as popular backlash on this forum Season 7 as it original was delivered by the hapless developers would've been an unmitigated disaster for this game.

You should count yourself grateful.

/thread

(Oh and I wouldn't believe anything a developer says about player numbers without publication of the source material that reflects that number... believe me it's a standard technique in the software industry to flat out lie about the volume of the user base.)

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 01-29-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Career Officer
# 122
01-29-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Pointless trash talking
Indeed you are.

Calling developers hapless liars is a wonderful way of motivating them to do more.

There are ways to voice concerns without being personal and insulting people, as you grow up you will learn this valuable life lesson.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 123
01-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
Isn't your post puerile and immature whining, about people that are whining?
No but I'm not surprised you cannot see the difference.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 124
01-29-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Indeed you are.

Calling developers hapless liars is a wonderful way of motivating them to do more.

There are ways to voice concerns without being personal and insulting people, as you grow up you will learn this valuable life lesson.
No you see insults are usually baseless, hapless and lying are descriptors in this case.

They were hapless with Season 7, they willfully pushed a half finished update onto Holodeck even after thread after thread from Tribble testers (who are unpaid may I add) who warned them about serious bugs and issues as well as ridiculous and outlandish price structures for Reputation items.

They ignore them all and pressed ahead, the result a botched update that the community revolted against, thus forcing them to make changes.

They did lie or at least deceive or misinform... we were told that the lack of Dilithium as end reward for STF's was an oversight and that on Holodeck STF's would have Dilithium as an end of mission reward. When Season 7 hit Holodeck there was none, and we were informed by the team they there would be none. Once again only because of players complaining that they were eventually kept their word.

I'm sorry but you shouldn't run a business let alone and update deployment like that. Or at least if you do don't let you customers know how unprofessional you are.

And finally I sink vast sums of money into this game and honestly I complain to protect the game and push for it to reach the potential it has.

Ultimately, the game is a vehicle for Cryptic and PWE to make money and the bottom line is profit, if they could make vast sums of money by introducing gambling items like lockboxes they will. The players on the other hand are stakeholders and they want to protect the enjoyment of the game it's that simple (whilst devs may have good intentions and aspirations the bottom line is the key factor)

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 01-29-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Captain
# 125
01-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Those "old bugs" he intends to squash are the KDF players who still haven't quit. That seems to be the only bug he's resolute on eliminating.
It would be nice if he ever realized that there are diehard KDF players and do something for them instead of trying to force everyone to play the fed side. I've read the 'shameful history' thread and tho disheartening for this KDF'er I'll give him a chance because I've played less than a year and haven't experienced most of the ******* outlined in the 'history' thread.

Should S8 come without the promised content I'm sure I wont be missed, and the Feddies can assume my small contrabution to the devs paychecks.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Rihannsu
# 126
01-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Think it's about time some people took a step back and had a think about what they're posting, even with my pretty virulent views.
Career Officer
# 127
01-29-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by movodor View Post
Think it's about time some people took a step back and had a think about what they're posting, even with my pretty virulent views.
To be honest one of the things they have done really well is allow us the freedom to criticize and debate honestly on these boards.
Lieutenant
# 128
01-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Yay Free Ships!
as long as the free ship mission is easy to find and not too hard to complete I will be happy
Vice Admiral Ross
and others too numerous to name...
Lieutenant
# 129
01-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
To be honest one of the things they have done really well is allow us the freedom to criticize and debate honestly on these boards.
there is that. And this game (bugs and all) is way better then BSGO.
Vice Admiral Ross
and others too numerous to name...
Ensign
# 130 State of the game
01-29-2013, 09:03 AM
ok, putting PR to the side the game is good in my humble opinion, but could be much better.

I hope is not more grinding and similar repetitive missions, New Romulus was good just to many simple mini games. The simple scan and pick up or shoot to kill is ok as long as there is variety.

At the moment it is set in the Star Trek universe but has not got Star Trek spirit but getting there slowly.