Career Officer
# 131
01-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
No you see insults are usually baseless, hapless and lying are descriptors in this case.

They were hapless with Season 7, they willfully pushed a half finished update onto Holodeck even after thread after thread from Tribble testers (who are unpaid may I add) who warned them about serious bugs and issues as well as ridiculous and outlandish price structures for Reputation items.

They ignore them all and pressed ahead, the result a botched update that the community revolted against, thus forcing them to make changes.

They did lie or at least deceive or misinform... we were told that the lack of Dilithium as end reward for STF's was an oversight and that on Holodeck STF's would have Dilithium as an end of mission reward. When Season 7 hit Holodeck there was none, and we were informed by the team they there would be none. Once again only because of players complaining that they were eventually kept their word.

I'm sorry but you shouldn't run a business let alone and update deployment like that. Or at least if you do don't let you customers know how unprofessional you are.

And finally I sink vast sums of money into this game and honestly I complain to protect the game and push for it to reach the potential it has.

Ultimately, the game is a vehicle for Cryptic and PWE to make money and the bottom line is profit, if they could make vast sums of money by introducing gambling items like lockboxes they will. The players on the other hand are stakeholders and they want to protect the enjoyment of the game it's that simple (whilst devs may have good intentions and aspirations the bottom line is the key factor)
You're right with much of what you say, the issue I have is with your use of the word "lie". This is a deliberate falsification of the truth for whatever reason. I think that far more often these guys and gals are firefighting, they have tough deadlines and mistakes are made. We pay their salaries indirectly but the people who pay them directly are the ones calling the shots. If they hear that, for example S7 has not been released, there would be hell to pay and people's heads may roll. On the other hand if the Devs release S7 in the best state they can given the time contraints it is us that start crying, but they know we won't leave and as long as they make efforts to put right the issues people have, all will be well: ergo S7 launches, paymasters are happy, devs can clean up the mess in the following few days which they did.

It's very easy to be an armchair critic, try stepping into their shoes and see how difficult it is to juggle the demands of their paymasters, the players and their own personal lives.

This is the issue I have with the, as a poster said above, virulent posts that are appearing here. Nothing that has happened has been game breaking with the exception of yesterday's technical connection problem, there was lots to learn about and explore whilst the devs fine tuned the release. The problem is a severe lack of understanding and tolerance from what I suspect are fairly young contributors.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 132
01-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Indeed you are.

Calling developers hapless liars is a wonderful way of motivating them to do more.

There are ways to voice concerns without being personal and insulting people, as you grow up you will learn this valuable life lesson.
When it's an appropriate descriptor to use, it's entirely accurate. Or did you forget Stahl's magical mystery tour around the S7 STF-gate debacle?
Career Officer
# 133
01-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
When it's an appropriate descriptor to use, it's entirely accurate. Or did you forget Stahl's magical mystery tour around the S7 STF-gate debacle?
I refer you to the answer I gave earlier with regard to lieing.

Captain
# 134
01-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
I refer you to the answer I gave earlier with regard to lieing.
And I'll refer you to this post, containing multiple quotes from Stahl in relationship to what S7 would be (prior to the fixes made to undo cryptic's stupidity).

Please explain how he's not lying.
Captain
# 135
01-29-2013, 09:42 AM
There are a few reasons why I don't play STO. There are too many bugs in this game that go unfixed for far too long, there is no way to turn off the local boxes from dropping for me, and everything at max level is just a grind. I stick around the forums hoping something will change but it never does. I must be the only Trek fan that won't throw money at Cryptic for nothing in return.
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Empire Veteran
# 136
01-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrook View Post
There are a few reasons why I don't play STO. There are too many bugs in this game that go unfixed for far too long, there is no way to turn off the local boxes from dropping for me, and everything at max level is just a grind. I stick around the forums hoping something will change but it never does. I must be the only Trek fan that won't throw money at Cryptic for nothing in return.
I still play but I pretty much have to accept that I will get nothing more for a fed diet as a KDF player but they pretty much give me everything for free. I'm just not suppossed to expect much out of them because it is free lol.
Commander
# 137
01-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:

There are ways to voice concerns without being personal and insulting people, as you grow up you will learn this valuable life lesson.

Quote:

The only thing that I find objectional are some of the purile and immature whining that we see from the basement nerds on some threads and in particular this one. Fortunately the DEVs have thick skins and are able to ignore the "push button get bacon" brigade and cater for the wider less obnoxious majority of the fans out there.

Keep up the great work Brandon, Jeremy, Dan and the rest of you, congratulations on your 3rd year anniversary, looking forward to the next 3 years
Highlighted in red incase you miss it. Me thinks you should take heed of your own words before you tell others no?
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Career Officer
# 138
01-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
Highlighted in red incase you miss it. Me thinks you should take heed of your own words before you tell others no?
Once again mate you're struggling to understand the difference between a generalisation and a specific insult. We know who the Devs are, we know their names, we know what they are doing roughly and they are being insulted, perhaps not by name, although sometimes we see that too, but certainly as a small collective group.

Unless you are saying that the type of people I generalised over do not exist in this world then you must also note that I singled out nobody in particular, I mentioned that I had seen it in this thread and in others, it is up to you to decide whom I was implicating.

I am amused that you keep trying to turn this around, there is simply no excuse for rudness, it is not the way I was raised and it should not be the way others are raised. Unfortunately it is prominent in all aspects of the society we live in around the world today and the younger generation, the push button collect bacon brigade, are the most intolerant in general, not all, but generally speaking.

Empire Veteran
# 139
01-29-2013, 11:23 AM
There would be no STO without basement nerds! Quapla'!

Edit: Actually TBH I have graduated to upstairs!
Career Officer
# 140
01-29-2013, 11:27 AM
@Branflakes ~ Mentioned in part of this interview was reviewing problems that have existed since the launch of the game, right? Any chance of us actually seeing the Benzite Bridge Officer available to us at some point?