Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 748
# 1 On Massivly interview...
01-29-2013, 12:40 PM
so listening to the show..

Ok, next season.. its more then a normal season.. it may actually qualify as an expansion.

I am holding my breath.. but I think it may just be possible that we're going to see the KDF faction blossom to a lot more then we currently have. He's being very close to the chest with these cards, but I've been listening to this guy yack for the last 3 years. and he really did drop some hints that say "K.D.F."

heres the link, check it your self.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...line-interview

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,693
# 2
01-29-2013, 12:52 PM
I just listened to it as well and I'm keeping my fingers crossed just in case
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
# 3
01-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Fingers crossed here too...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,946
# 4
01-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Given what the 'Reputation System' is - I don't get how they can be considering a Thlian one; as (if you follow the new Romulus story via the Romulan Rep cutscenes); the Tholians are such Xenophobes; I don't see why/how any non-crystiline lifeforms would trust them; or would believe what they say. Even as far as TOS goes, they weren't interested in contact; and if you go by comments made during the TNG TV series run, the Federation has/had gone to war with the Tholians a couple of times since the TOS era.

I'm not against new Reputation system additions per se; I'd just like them to have some consistency and make some sense in the overall STO storyline that (I assume) Cryptic is talking about getting back to and featuring a bit more in game - and not just get a Rep system added because some portion of the Dev team may think it's 'cool'.

Just my two cents.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 969
# 5
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
As a primary Federation player, I wish the KDF players all the best and I hope you start receiving the attention and products that you've been missing all along.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 184
# 6
01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
As a primary Federation player, I wish the KDF players all the best and I hope you start receiving the attention and products that you've been missing all along.
I really hope we do too. It would be nice to be able to enjoy the faction I prefer without losing out on a lot of story and general content.


Fingers crossed. This interview has given me a sliver of hope for the next season/expansion.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,693
# 7
01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Given what the 'Reputation System' is - I don't get how they can be considering a Thlian one; as (if you follow the new Romulus story via the Romulan Rep cutscenes); the Tholians are such Xenophobes; I don't see why/how any non-crystiline lifeforms would trust them; or would believe what they say. Even as far as TOS goes, they weren't interested in contact; and if you go by comments made during the TNG TV series run, the Federation has/had gone to war with the Tholians a couple of times since the TOS era.

I'm not against new Reputation system additions per se; I'd just like them to have some consistency and make some sense in the overall STO storyline that (I assume) Cryptic is talking about getting back to and featuring a bit more in game - and not just get a Rep system added because some portion of the Dev team may think it's 'cool'.

Just my two cents.
I see your point, but I suspect that the possible 'Tholian Reputation' that they are considering would be anything like the Romulan one form S7.
And seen how the Tholians wreak havoc in STO, I think it would be closer to the 'Omega Rep' where we would actuall fight them or prevent some devious plan of theirs through mission.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,482
# 8
01-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Never get your hopes up, you'll just turn into one of those disgruntled forum posters.

*crosses fingers behind back*
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 45
# 9
01-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Never get your hopes up, you'll just turn into one of those disgruntled forum posters.
Didn't know those type of people existed. Hrmph. /shrug
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
so listening to the show..

Ok, next season.. its more then a normal season.. it may actually qualify as an expansion.
-snip'd-
heres the link, check it your self.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...line-interview

Khemaraa sends
Not sure if they're talking about Season 8? or, Season 9?

If this doesn't come to pass, I'm still 100% for a Plan B. Knowing wink, say no more.

Going to go ahead and listen to it now, Thanks Khemaraa
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 748
# 10
01-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Tholian or anti tholian rep.. either would be interesting.. but I am suspecting actuall tholian rep on that one.. for would not the tholians possibly also find them selves at threat from the Demon of "air and darkness"? Tholians might not trust us organics, but I can think of a few they would trust even less..besides the borg (i do not even want to imagine assimilated Tholians...*shiver*)

More of interest for me though is some sort of a core faction rep which was mentioned , and possibly a rep system from doing foundry missions.

we'll have to just see where that goes in the long run.


I'll be watching for other comments on this thread.

............and while I'm at it.....

HEY, DANIEL. On the off chance your watching the forums (or someone is watching them for you.)

a bone dude, throw us a bone. tell us something that absolutly, positivly utterly cool KDF exclusive think\gs coming. Ships, costume, and mission. Just post it in the KDF forums.

Khemaraa sends.

P.S. still wondering about that "grave injustice" tweet leak.. Could be a romulan thing I'm thinking, especially with Denise Crosby recently at Cryptic doing what has to be voice work for the Emperess Sela character. No cryptic spokeperson has ever reffered to the state of KDF as a grave injustice or even close, so a quick application of Occoms razor vis a vis some of the apparent little parculiarities in the Romulan story line, and recalling the last place we saw the Emperesses flag ship.... well. We'll just have to see.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM.