Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,231
# 31
01-29-2013, 11:41 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=140
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
@Branflakes ~ Mentioned in part of this interview was reviewing problems that have existed since the launch of the game, right? Any chance of us actually seeing the Benzite Bridge Officer available to us at some point?
I'm only reposting this here cause I've posted it in the wrong thread.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 860
# 32
01-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
It can be that an old design schematic is used, but in fact it's a modern powerfull refit, you know, something as the fleet Excelsior is atm. Besides it's suposed to outshine the Excelsior. The thing is, the Galaxy needs to be tuned up just a bit to make it more competitive. Although, I personally like to play slower supertanks
this seeing as the galaxy is my fav ship atm , it does seem to be lacking something in the fire power dept though
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 33
01-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
It can be that an old design schematic is used, but in fact it's a modern powerfull refit, you know, something as the fleet Excelsior is atm. Besides it's suposed to outshine the Excelsior. The thing is, the Galaxy needs to be tuned up just a bit to make it more competitive. Although, I personally like to play slower supertanks
Call me a nit-picker, but the whole "we're shoving the technology of a modern battleship into the frame of a steam-powered gunship, and hey presto that gunship now outperforms our battleship" excuse doesn't sit right with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I see your point. Is it that the Federation gets more peacefull as time passes by, so their ships are more oriented towards exploration and research rather than raw firepower?
Nah....the Vesta totally undermines my last point.
The Vesta isn't tagged as a Cruiser by STO (I know that last modifier sounds a little unnecessary, but when you look at the fleet layouts there are multiple ships across the entire Federation roster that should be cruisers, but in fact are classified as something else). And to be honest, there really isn't any story-based reason for the problem, Cryptic simply hasn't been able (to date) to create an effective 25th century offensive cruiser design.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 765
# 34
01-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raud1 View Post
I am intrigued by Dan's comment that the Ambassador has a LOT of Phaser firepower - Can't wait to see the stats
Hmm, guess we'll know later today or tomorrow what that comment meant.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 511
# 35
01-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Branflakes... You know what? YOU'RE FULL OF IT MAN!!! (Fiber that is! hehe)

Seriously though... Very interesting interview. Really looking forward to that dev blog! Speaking of which... Any ETA on that? Thanks!

EDIT: And by Dev Blog, I mean the one with the ship stats... Not Blog #32.

EDIT 2: Nevermind... Got my answer on the new blog thread from another kind forum member about how it's usually done... So tomorrow at around 12 noon PST it is then. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 01-29-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 89
# 36
01-29-2013, 12:34 PM
just got done listening to the interview, very nice information there. I'm sure Cryptic is already aware but just thought I'd mention this anyway, http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Starships has a ton of non-canon ships of all factions. Not sure what legal hoops would need to be jumped, but these could be modified to bring them into STO's timeframe. Would love to fly an updated Remora, Andor and Chandley class ship
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,435
# 37
01-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raud1 View Post
It was stated that the T3 ships will always be claimable in the episode but the free T5 ships would only be claimable during the anniversary event (like the Ody was previously).

Brandon mentioned that lvl10 and up can play the event but you had to be lvl 40 to unpack the boxed T5 ships on a toon.


KUDO's to Cryptic to making these available to everyone for FREE!


I am intrigued by Dan's comment that the Ambassador has a LOT of Phaser firepower - Can't wait to see the stats
5 Fore, 2 aft, high turnrate, maybe?

That would push for escort-y play without using cannons then. You'd just have to manage power levels very closely. But it could work if the special is Phaser Dual Banks that draw less energy from weapons but draw from all systems.

A kind of forward focused, non-broadside beam boat would intrigue me most.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,587
# 38
01-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Nah....the Vesta totally undermines my last point.
Except the Vesta was build as a counter to the Borg, just look at the novel were it was featured.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 586
# 39
01-29-2013, 02:06 PM
I hoped it would look more like that:

Still a cross between Excelsior & Galaxy but much more like it was build, not meshed together for TV show budget reasons.

But I'm glad that its finally in regardless.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 182
# 40
01-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It will always be available in the mission journal after the event ends, but only the T5 ships are awarded during the 3-year Anniversary event.


EDIT:



This ----^


Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Erm, and the freebie Oddy is avaliable at a Tier 5 Fleet shipyard. I would assume that sometime after the event the T5 Ambassador is avaliable via starbase or... They do a Zen version with a Fleet version to follow.

Just speculating, nothing but wishful thinking, just wishful thinking.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:04 PM.