Starfleet Veteran
# 11
01-29-2013, 12:09 PM
So am I interpreting this right:

The mission and tier 3 ship reward are permanent, but the tier 5 is only during the event?
Career Officer
# 12
01-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post

The mission and tier 3 ship reward are permanent, but the tier 5 is only during the event?
Yep, Branflakes confirmed this over here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=530651&page=3.
Commander
# 13
01-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:

Yes.

Question to Capt. Fiber (aka Branflakes) - When can we expect the blog with the stats of the ships? Thanks.
Career Officer
# 14
01-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:

That's what it looks like to me. I can get behind a free iconic ship for newbies even if hey will only use it for a few days before they move on.
Career Officer
# 15
01-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
Yes.

Question to Capt. Fiber (aka Branflakes) - When can we expect the blog with the stats of the ships? Thanks.
You must be new here. Noon PST tomorrow you will get the stats - they day after the announcement post, just like always.
Commander
# 16
01-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
You must be new here. Noon PST tomorrow you will get the stats - they day after the announcement post, just like always.
If 1 year is considered new then, yea! lol... Thanks for the info jaturnley!
Captain
# 17
01-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Intriguing. I have two questions:

1) Will the story be the same for Fed and KDF, or will the latter faction have their own unique mission involving a Kamarag class battlecruiser?

2) Will the Ambassador and Kamarag ships be going in the Foundry?
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
# 18
01-29-2013, 12:23 PM
"Support Cruiser Starship." Hmmm... And the audio interview said "lots of Phaser firepower." The former sounds sciency and the latter sounds tac-heavy. Dare I hope the Ambassador is a somehow equally balanced between tac, eng, and sci?

Edit: Thinking about it. The Ambassador class was canonically the first Fed starship class to have beam arrays. So a Scicelsior boff layout with a phaser variant of the Romulan heavy plasma array?

Last edited by zulisvel; 01-29-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
01-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
So much for getting stats on these ships...

Is it really so difficult for you guys to put out all the details on something at once, as opposed to dragging out blogs over three days?
Is it really so difficult for people to not complain about things for the sake of complaining? I mean we're getting two free ships. This is how they always present news like this, it builds suspense, gets us excited. They want us to speculate.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Fleet Commander maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Captain
# 20
01-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin View Post
Is it really so difficult for people to not complain about things for the sake of complaining? I mean we're getting two free ships. This is how they always present news like this, it builds suspense, gets us excited. They want us to speculate.

Vague statements and lack of specifics have cause all manner of kerfuffles between the dev team and players, ranging from simple misunderstandings at best to flat out falsehoods at worst. Not to mention it's quite annoying to be told repeatedly "stay tuned for that one piece of information you actually want while we keep talking in circles without actually saying anything".

Playing the "I know something you guys don't know" game with the playerbase is never, ever the right move.