Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 31
01-29-2013, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphe View Post
Silly, your ex-Borg will just reconnect to the Collective via Facebook. Where else will you find a larger collection of mindless drones...
While Facebook is the closest thing to the Collective, she rebelled against being a mindless drone. Using monkeys is better for creating a highly effective hive mind compared to the mindless drones on Facebook. Why do you think the Borg have failed to assimilate the Federation time after time? It is because the Borg use mindless drones without any innovation within them.
Career Officer
# 32
01-29-2013, 05:19 AM
Assuming I survive the arrival of a 10 ton Marasai, I'd probably be interrogated before being dragged on a jaunt through many more realities(She is from another reality beyond trek, her tech proven to work anywhere).

Plus she'd build more gadgets using current technology.
Ikuzo, Trombe!
Captain
# 33
01-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
How do you think they'll react to this world? And how would they react if they find out YOU were the person dictating how they live their "lives" in STO? Will they try to go back to STO? Will they even want to? And how will the aliens in your crew hide themselves? And how do you think your life will change now that you have to take care of them (they're your captain and crew after all)?

Great question! In order from above:

Kathryn Beringer would be very upset at the state of the world.

She would be *p i s s e d . o f f* at the danger (and bordom) I put her and the crew through.

Based on the first question, they would be more than happy to go back to STO.

Probably in my basement for the short-run, after that I have no idea.

I would waork harder to make sure they get the best gear they can get to make it through what I'm going to put them through.

Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 34
01-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Crazy, monkey, love with my main Trill and Orion Female. I don't know what my alter ego wl do? Perhaps I will leave him here and go back thru the portal myself.
Captain
# 35
01-29-2013, 02:09 PM
My tiny one-room apartment would get cramped very quickly, with people stepping on each others' toes all the time:

Captain Robin Zhang and I would bond over watching old movies and herbal tea.

Commander Thomas "Tom" Richardson and Ship's Counselor Natasha McGill would constantly pester Zhang about the Prime Directive, preservation of timelines, amongst other things.

Tactical Officer Lt. Cmdr Christine Barber, on finding that I am an alternate version of her CO (and tentative significant other): "Oh great, now there's TWO of them! "

Security Chief Lt. Cmdr. Mirra Shran would constantly try to hit on me, that Andorian minx.

Chief Science Officer Lt. Cmdr. Corat Remara would spend his time either poking around things he shouldn't ("A fascinating wall-mounted interface for the transfer of electrical power! I wonder how one uses it...here we go, this three-pronged hand tool from the drawer should do...") or using up all the salmon in my freezer to make the closest approximation to Cardassian Fish Juice.

Chief Medical Officer Lt. Cmdr. Lelania Tigan would pop by with regular reminders about my posture ("Don't slouch. It's bad for your back.")

Operations Officer Lt. Cmdr. Geoff Ong would blend in with the locals in an attempt to acquire an antique guitar ("But it's a genuine hand-made 20th Century Fender Stratocaster! I'd have to pay an arm and a leg to get one back home!")

Chief Engineer Lt. Cmdr. Vrin K'vov, on the nature of 21st Century human housing: "How can anyone possibly live in this...hut..made from cut segments and beams of plant-based cellulose affixed with inferior metal pins?"

And as if my senior officers weren't enough...

Security Officers Lt. Chavek (Romulan) and Ens. F'ris (Caitian) would be engrossed in their efforts to construct the perfect cheeseburger. ("Erm, Mister C? I think we're out of bread buns again.")

Junior Science Officer Akorem Rolan (Bajoran) and Nurse Jil Kellat (Cardassian) would be huddled in the corner doting over my potted orange seedling.

Transporter Chief Michael Andrews would constantly blame himself for getting everyone in this predicament.

Systems Engineer Ens. V'ruk (Reman) would hide in my closet, greeting me each morning when I slide the door open to pick out clothes for today.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread

Last edited by sumghai; 03-20-2014 at 10:08 PM.