Ensign
# 161
01-29-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonzig View Post
still not able to open launcher...hope you get it fixed soon..would be a pitty to miss out on the 3 yr anniversary due to tech issues :/ ....Houston tx.
the 3 yr anniversary will be pro-rated so it will technically be the 2 year 6 month anniversary due to the 6 months total down time
Career Officer
# 162
01-29-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagnastie View Post
Starting to get very vry VERY agrovated with this now...

I woke up about 11 hours ago, logged on fine, just got home from work and no go.

I get the trying to update the launcher box. and then a red x no connection.

I am a lifetime member and I took a break due to these issues, I am back for a week and they are still here.
Ensign
# 163 It's clearly an ISP issue
01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure if it is DNS based, or what, but like most others, I can tether to my phone and connect right away. I can also connect using Wi-Fi at a local restaurant. However, again I cannot connect from my home, just like yesterday. Running a TRACERT takes me to entirely different servers when connected via tethering. I'm lucky, I have a 4G connection at home, but most users likely do not have this option. I agree that the non-F2P players should receive some kind of compensation for this type of outage. When a patch of any kind fails, you ABORT and ROLLBACK. I can live without the updates to the JemHadar set and with a running game!
Lt. Commander
# 164
01-29-2013, 02:52 PM
The worst part is not being able to get my Rep projects set in motion for the day.
# 165
01-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowqfah View Post
I woke up about 11 hours ago, logged on fine, just got home from work and no go.

I get the trying to update the launcher box. and then a red x no connection.

I am a lifetime member and I took a break due to these issues, I am back for a week and they are still here.
Its pathetic man I mean what are they thinking..

They get the issue sorted from yesterday when thousands of us couldent play

Then they decide to do tests the day after to ensure it doesent happen again (yeah right...)

My question

Are you guys retarded or what? Schedule the down time to do the tests, dont do it the day after thousands couldent play so thousands of us cant play 2 efin days in a row.....

Show of hands if u agree?
Ensign
# 166
01-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samdavidson View Post
I want a show of hands for how many people would like 1 lock box key for every hour this problem has been persisting both yesterday and today.
got all my 4 hands up in the air
Ensign
# 167
well isnt this special, all i get its that little box that says trying to update the launcher, please be patient, tried connecting (x) times. So i dont even make it to the dam launcher. its not on my end so fix this sto, some of us are paying for this.
Ensign
# 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesculaepius View Post
I'm not sure if it is DNS based, or what, but like most others, I can tether to my phone and connect right away. I can also connect using Wi-Fi at a local restaurant. However, again I cannot connect from my home, just like yesterday. Running a TRACERT takes me to entirely different servers when connected via tethering. I'm lucky, I have a 4G connection at home, but most users likely do not have this option. I agree that the non-F2P players should receive some kind of compensation for this type of outage. When a patch of any kind fails, you ABORT and ROLLBACK. I can live without the updates to the JemHadar set and with a running game!

U just gave me an idea lol

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by shagnastie; 01-29-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Ensign
# 169
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist2013 View Post
1 hand here
I'd love one per hour..., maybe 2. Seriously though I'm not a dev. Infact I'm not by all means a genius when it comes to anything computer or business wise. However, even I know that if I had customers, and I saw my customers were having problems updating something I provided, I would just shut off the auto updater, and place an updated version of what I had for people to download and use therefore bypassing the main problem. It doesn't take someone with rocket science to realize this.

To the ones running STO please don't get me wrong. I LOVE the game, and I respect you guys for giving us such a great game to play. I'm just frustrated, because for the past couple days I had a heck of a time trying to get in to play, and I'm not the only one who is frustrated by this.
Ensign
# 170
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Why would you do this on purpose?
issues again for me. how about some kind of in game reward or a bit of zen to say sorry