Career Officer
# 221
01-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpg1usa View Post
Looks like Comcast DNS to me from here in WDC. I can login via VPN and/or Verizon w/out a problem...
I'm on Verizon and can't log in.
Ensign
# 222
01-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Even the startrek online website times out for me, 9 times out of 10. LOL, what is going on with you guys???
Lieutenant
# 223
01-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Its pretty funny, a bunch of people, most not even having jobs, are demanding to be compensated for a game they haven't paid for or don't pay to play. I guess their "time" is very valuable and somehow they are owed.

If the downtime is large enough gold members might get something, f2p members will never get anything. It is very rare for an MMO to give anything in compensation, ever.
Yeah, it's pretty funny that I paid $60.00 for the game CD when it first came out and a $300.00 life time subscription plus at least $200 in Zen.... I sure dont deserve anything for my contribution O.o
Ensign
# 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidy1972uk View Post
er.... Don't know if this is just coincidence or not, have hit this problem shortly after making purchases of some kind via C-Store. I can't remember previous one, but today I bought the Cat Species playable.
Dont blame us cats! It has nothing to do with caitian race
Ensign
# 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
1.The whining on this thread is, to be quite frank, immature.

2.Compensation is a goodwill gesture at best, not a requirement.

3.As for dev responses: They have work to do, like getting this issue resolved, that would preclude their giving a play-by-play rundown to the forums.
1. True but at the same time for those who pay to play this game, I can understand that they are upset about the outtage considering it sounds like a Planned Test, they should have sent out a warning about the ouutage like most companies do,

2. that was the point that i was making before, we shouldnt be asking or even have to feel the NEED to ASK.. they should compensate people as a nice gesture and a sign of good faith, and customer relations.

3.you really think this is the only game that has issues that need to be fixed or where devs are working on a fix ? but ALOT of other companies have their devs working on troubleshooting and they still have time to update the community on the status, maybe they should employ a few more devs if they cant sort out a "launcher" problem.
Ensign
# 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Its pretty funny, a bunch of people, most not even having jobs, are demanding to be compensated for a game they haven't paid for or don't pay to play. I guess their "time" is very valuable and somehow they are owed.

If the downtime is large enough gold members might get something, f2p members will never get anything. It is very rare for an MMO to give anything in compensation, ever.
Funny AND extremely entertaining. It's likely no one will receive anything for these delays, but in the mean time reading this thread has been enough to keep me from doing my actual job. In that way, mission accomplished!
Ensign
# 227
I was hoping to level a couple more times before quitting tonight, but I guess my plans have to be put back till tomorrow night...
Lieutenant
# 228
01-29-2013, 03:17 PM
got a feeling its going to be a other 150 pages of this thread before they do something
Career Officer
# 229
01-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Survivor of Romulus
# 230
01-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Game was working for me normally till just 5 minutes ago, and now I can't get on at all.