Commander
# 2851
01-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prrgg1 View Post
Of the time I've been playing (about a year on and off), this is the only major issues I've hit so far.
Last instance of this exact problem was in September I think.
Also various other issues now and then.
I'd estimate there's one day with serious problems per month on average.

He's dead, Jim.
Captain
# 2852
01-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyralyn View Post
hehe I had a big crush on Data as a teen.
I had a crush on Riker. Shh...

*puts on red uniform and sits next to Ricker on the bridge*

It was the beard.
Ensign
# 2853
01-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Reading this thread is almost as entertaining as actually playing the game. So much nerdrage. You'd think we sto players lack... oh **** what do they call it again? Oh yeah, LIVES. In which case there are always reruns, folks.
Ensign
Ok so the problems are stopping people from accessing launcher, logging in etc

Here is solution

You need to join a VPN or virtual private network

A virtual private network will allow you to route all of your incoming outgoing internet traffic through a server of your choice anywhere in the world.

Now give the fact that this issue is not an issue in certain parts of the world
(west coast USA for example)

You can connect to a server there or anywhere else until you get a working connection (Worked for me in about 2 minutes)

Anyway I found a website that sets all this up for you

http://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=1360

it is possible to get a trial account the link is in the bottom right hand corner of the target page

You can google search purevpn if you are not comfortable clicking the link thats fine but please use my referal code. code 1360 or if it asks for my email Aj_backontop@btinternet.com

Once signed up for your account trial or otherwise should take less thna 5 mins to get logged in to STO

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
Survivor of Romulus
# 2855
01-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedonastick View Post
Reading this thread is almost as entertaining as actually playing the game. So much nerdrage. You'd think we sto players lack... oh **** what do they call it again? Oh yeah, LIVES. In which case there are always reruns, folks.
I notice you're here too
Career Officer
# 2856
01-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyralyn View Post
Does this happen all the time or is it just the past couple days? If it doesn't happen very often then I will reconsider buying the lifetime package. I just don't want to waste my money on a game that will continually frustrate me and give me trouble. I really like the game so far though. So any long time players have any advice (preferably ones that are still right in the head).
As always, you should just decide for yourself; but overall, the game server has been pretty stable since about a week after Season 7 launched (major updates always cause some issues for any MMO) up until yesterday. Occasionally, they have run 30 minutes to an hour beyond the weekly announced maintenance windows; but once it's up, it usually stays up.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Ensign
# 2857
01-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Managed to get on, the almost instantly "Couldn't get map names from Map Manager". Grumble grumble
Ensign
# 2858
Ok thanks. I will give it another month or so and decide after I have had more time to see how it goes. I have been a Trekie since I was a kid. I probably would have did cosplay and went to conventions if I had the means lol. I have been waiting for a game like this and finally found it. I would really like to get as much out of it as I can.
Lieutenant
# 2859
Come on man its not right that we need a 3rd party to log onto STO!!!! and yet again the launcher fails!!! 2 botches in 2 days!!!!!
Captain
# 2860
Launcher's up..HOORAY!!