Captain
# 11
01-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Getting a new KDF ship is a start. So we will see. I heard the podcast as well. I'm looking forward to the new KDF ship. So far I got a more Eng. and Tac. based cruiser for my KDF. So I wonder how this will fit in.
Empire Veteran
# 12
01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
I'll have to listen to it tomorrow. Seems to be interesting news I hear.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
01-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Given what the 'Reputation System' is - I don't get how they can be considering a Thlian one; as (if you follow the new Romulus story via the Romulan Rep cutscenes); the Tholians are such Xenophobes; I don't see why/how any non-crystiline lifeforms would trust them; or would believe what they say. Even as far as TOS goes, they weren't interested in contact; and if you go by comments made during the TNG TV series run, the Federation has/had gone to war with the Tholians a couple of times since the TOS era.

I'm not against new Reputation system additions per se; I'd just like them to have some consistency and make some sense in the overall STO storyline that (I assume) Cryptic is talking about getting back to and featuring a bit more in game - and not just get a Rep system added because some portion of the Dev team may think it's 'cool'.

Just my two cents.
Who says a reputation has to be a positive one. Just look at Kirk's with the Klingons!
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Rihannsu
# 14
01-30-2013, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
so listening to the show..

Ok, next season.. its more then a normal season.. it may actually qualify as an expansion.

I am holding my breath.. but I think it may just be possible that we're going to see the KDF faction blossom to a lot more then we currently have. He's being very close to the chest with these cards, but I've been listening to this guy yack for the last 3 years. and he really did drop some hints that say "K.D.F."

heres the link, check it your self.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...line-interview

Khemaraa sends
one can hope.

if they fill out the kdf in a semi decent way, then that also raises hopes that the romulans wont just be tacked on either.

im not going to get my hopes up and be disappointed but i do think the KDF will see some good love this year.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 15
01-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Hello all,

Everything I'm about to write is purely speculative and I can be proven wrong at any point in time, so take it with a grain of salt....

The PC Gamer article released today (http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/30/st...r-anniversary/) included a video marking the 3-year anniversary of STO. In the last few seconds, the video showed an emblem with a tagline that links to this page:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

The words read "March Underneath the Raptor's Wings".

So, here's where my speculation comes in: This smells strongly Romulan. Like, the smell is so strong that I thought the targ in the Toron shuttle had diarrhea again.

So IF this is a Romulan playable faction and IF it holds true that no Romulan playable faction will be made without a "complete level 1-50 KDF Faction", then MAYBE and I can't stress MAYBE strong enough... we MAYBE seeing some final KDF resolutions once and for all.

Jeez, my head hurts.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
*head explodes*

damd allergies...romulans alway set them off *shiffle*

You know, i'd forgotten that little bit where several time Msr. Stahl has made it quite clear Rommy's after KDF done.

Which would definatly make the next season more then just a "season" which would be "OMG! THE most ambitious pile of content yet out of Cryptic."

On the other hand there has been zero hints of there being a Romulan faction at this time.
SO What I am suspecting is it is not a romulan faction but a resurgent Romulan empire under the emperess Sela (with some technology transfer from the "Demons of Air and Darkness" whom we last saw making Sela's aquaintaince.. by rescuing her)

What I actually think may happen is one utterly huge arc of missions in romulan space (some missions I hope that are "No Win, learn how to run you idiot!") award and a block of about 30-40 missions to fill out the KDF experience (more would be better..The recycled FE's that are currently used have to award more XP KDF side to close the gap. Not the best way to do things ya know.

Ahh well. Any who how.. a new ship for us all starting tomorrow. And I do recall something mentioned that it can be used as a skin. I want to wrap it around my fleet k't'tinga... for, as much as I do love the classic D-7/K't'inga hull form, I really would prefer a Battle cruiser thats 1. not so damd massive as the Vorcha and above, utterly agressive and dangerous looking. 3. Packs respectable capabilities and firepower.

In the Trek universe as Starship is a Starship, is a Starship. And any of them can lay waste to a planet. Utility is determined by the ability to lay waste to another starship!

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Empire Veteran
# 17
01-30-2013, 11:31 AM
at the 20 minute mark the interview mentions that there is going to be a resolution as to what cryptic is going to do with present and future factions.
I have a bad feeling about this.
Career Officer
# 18
01-30-2013, 11:43 AM
A bad feeling like our reputation branches are about to turn into trees maybe?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Empire Veteran
# 19
01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
ok, so the new ships are posted.. time to start a new thread.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Empire Veteran
# 20
01-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
Hello all,

Everything I'm about to write is purely speculative and I can be proven wrong at any point in time, so take it with a grain of salt....

The PC Gamer article released today (http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/30/st...r-anniversary/) included a video marking the 3-year anniversary of STO. In the last few seconds, the video showed an emblem with a tagline that links to this page:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

The words read "March Underneath the Raptor's Wings".

So, here's where my speculation comes in: This smells strongly Romulan. Like, the smell is so strong that I thought the targ in the Toron shuttle had diarrhea again.

So IF this is a Romulan playable faction and IF it holds true that no Romulan playable faction will be made without a "complete level 1-50 KDF Faction", then MAYBE and I can't stress MAYBE strong enough... we MAYBE seeing some final KDF resolutions once and for all.

Jeez, my head hurts.
That is one of the rumors. The KDF will be fleshed out a little more and possibly the RSE started as a faction.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP