Ensign
# 31
01-27-2013, 09:33 PM
upon reading this forum thread, it got me thinking. i have played some of the missions done by you guys that are frustrated in the grinders. i am going to reevaluate the way i approach foundry missions. i have done grinders, but the thing is that the world of sto is enhanced by the ones who can develop a storyline and move the other stories along with their creative mission. i feel bad now that i have done both the story-enhancing missions and the grinders, and not given credit to the true artist that create great foundry missions.

yes it might be a select few that may be complaining about this, but you guys spend a ton of time to create a mission true to the star trek universe, but no one sees the value of those when you go and blow up x number of ships that have been nerfed by another element in the foundry. and do this over x number of maps to fill the time requirement. i am not doing that anymore.

i can spin a good tale, but my problem is being able to develop a mission out of it. but that is a different problem that i need to figure out on my own.

i enjoy foundry missions that i have played in the past (dereliction duty, atlas affair, and a couple others). i admire those people who take the time to do a mission, or series of missions like this. you guys have a talent that many envy, and i hope to one day join your ranks in creating content like these.

im just a casual gamer, but i know that if people can create a little 'grinder' mission, they can make adjustments, develop a little story or something to change their grinder and make a powerful story that only takes a short time to be worth anything. and this will still make the other populous of sto happy that they can still earn fleet marks and dilithium for the starbase.
Captain
# 32
01-28-2013, 08:54 AM
I'm just going to say that I stopped playing once Season 7 hit.

I started playing again when they made the last change to IOR and the player workarounds to the worst of the nerfs and bad decisions of Cryptic have kept me logging in and warily being re-invested in the game.

I don't mind a well written story, but I also admire players who use the tools given to correct the deficiencies of the game. And that should be rewarded. They allow me to get on with what I find to be fun in the game, faster.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Why does BranFlakes not make his own posts and insist on editing others'?
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful
Lieutenant
# 34
01-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized View Post
Why does BranFlakes not make his own posts and insist on editing others'?
Then he wouldn't be a master ninja.

Seriously, Bran's involvement in this issue at all is a sign that someone with a degree of say in the matter is paying attention to this issue as it evolves.