Captain
# 11
01-29-2013, 07:43 AM
reminds me of the camaflage on the tanks we have for jungle warfare just less off it. and without the bird motif or anything there is nothing romulan about it
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
01-29-2013, 09:29 AM
I was just wondering who makes the art for the Space set gear, does anyone know?
Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
Captain
# 13
01-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gornman47 View Post
I've added the screenshots of the Romulan mkXII space set to my original post for those that have not seen it before.
What does it look like in conjuncture with other green hull patterns?

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
01-29-2013, 09:52 AM
Good question! I have an Akira with a pattern on it I'll post those shots when I can. I can tell you it still doesn't do the Romulan name justice.
Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
Commander
# 15
01-29-2013, 10:54 AM
My first impression:

That's a weird paint colour choice for an otherwise-canon looking ship. Oh, wait...that green stuff is the setgear. That doesn't even look Romulan at all, to me.

Seriously...that's the most underwhelming bit of set gear I've ever seen. That probably wouldn't even show up on most green KDF ships.

Why couldn't they have used a full-hull skin paint of that pale jade colour the Romulan warbirds in the game use, along with green nacelle-glow? THAT would look Romulan...this just looks...weird.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
01-29-2013, 04:54 PM
So I've posted some pics of the Akira class with the MK XII Romulan space set skin. Take note these look better than on the Chimera mainly (I think) because I had a paint job with green coloring.

Also one screenshot is of the Space set seen in darker areas. Looks like Aegis but with green piping.
Captain
# 17
01-30-2013, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gornman47 View Post
So I've posted some pics of the Akira class with the MK XII Romulan space set skin. Take note these look better than on the Chimera mainly (I think) because I had a paint job with green coloring.

Also one screenshot is of the Space set seen in darker areas. Looks like Aegis but with green piping.
I does look nice in sector space, but whilst orbiting DS-9 it still looks a bit patchwork.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.