Career Officer
# 1 Idea: BoPs in STFs
01-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Just an idea, why not give BoPs an additional ability of having shorter revive cooldowns in STFs and some events?
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-11-2013, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Just an idea, why not give BoPs an additional ability of having shorter revive cooldowns in STFs and some events?
I agree with you but odds are soon this thread will be filled with whiners and criers that claim bops are too OP already and that they need to be nerfed. In their eyes BOPS have 1 million hull health LOL It's just a majority of bop users know what they are doing and hardly ever die unless its things like NWS where there is so much clutter and spam that they get pounded so hard. Sad thing being I mostly play KDF I haven't really come across anyone who ever wants to do NWS to even do it.
Career Officer
# 3
01-11-2013, 04:23 AM
BoPs are great.... but really annoying to bring to Into the Hive....

I don't fly one personally, but a fleetmate of mine loves his... alas optional......
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-11-2013, 12:00 PM
I really like the BOP and before I made the jump to my Vo'Quv with my Science Main I had a lot of fun in the BOP.

The big problem that I had with using the BOP was that I never knew when to get out of dodge and would over engage and end up a smoldering pile of Space debris.

Try has I might I just could never get use to the Hit and Run play style
Career Officer
# 5
01-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I think the -Threat consoles are a nice boon to BoPs in STFs.

To be honest with you the main reason I no longer fly a BoP for STFs is because I don't need cloaking and because other KDF options* are so amazingly strong that taking the BoP just feels silly.

(Currently Fleet Vorcha, 1K Vet Ship, Kar'Fi & Guramba are my ships of choice).

I don't think a reduced cooldown timer is ever going to happen for a single class of ships.

Commander
# 6
01-30-2013, 02:52 AM
I fly nothing but BoP! My Haj Heavy BoP is so invaluable in a borg STF battle. the biggest mistake is see, is when lazy captains load up a BoP with beams instead of cannons. I have rapid fire cannon volley, scatter volley, high yield torps, and scatter volley of torps. THis is done with all anti protom dual heavy cannons, and transphasics, namely the cluster torp, and the rapid fire torp. My BoP will come in, decloak, send a barrage of death at the enemy in two volleys. The second that i'm in danger, i cloak, reposition, and when the enemy has another target, i de-cloak and repeat.

I was actually considering for my first fleet ship, the Hoh'sus BoP. Does anyone have this, as i would like to know what its like. I am currently swaying towards the fleet B'rel.

All my ships are BoP, and i wouldnt change any of them!
Empire Veteran
# 7
01-30-2013, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmako View Post
I fly nothing but BoP! My Haj Heavy BoP is so invaluable in a borg STF battle. the biggest mistake is see, is when lazy captains load up a BoP with beams instead of cannons. I have rapid fire cannon volley, scatter volley, high yield torps, and scatter volley of torps. THis is done with all anti protom dual heavy cannons, and transphasics, namely the cluster torp, and the rapid fire torp. My BoP will come in, decloak, send a barrage of death at the enemy in two volleys. The second that i'm in danger, i cloak, reposition, and when the enemy has another target, i de-cloak and repeat.

I was actually considering for my first fleet ship, the Hoh'sus BoP. Does anyone have this, as i would like to know what its like. I am currently swaying towards the fleet B'rel.

All my ships are BoP, and i wouldnt change any of them!
You are a true Klingon in your heart.
Now get rid of that capitalist symbol of tyranny from your avatar.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Captain
# 8
01-30-2013, 03:22 AM
I've recently been playing around with a CC/support Hegh'ta on my sci. That too, has it's uses. You just don't blow up stuff quite as fast, but you also die way less.

Throwing around grav wells, tykens and tbr'ing proves a very effective way of clearing death torps, leaving time to toss around he's, tss, aux2sif and tac team to the big guns.

When going after small fry, just switch back to full weapons power, maybe shuffle some boffs to favor tac skills, and blast those probes and spheres.

I also expect a sale to coincide with the 3-year anniversary, like last year. If so, I will finally get me my B'rel
Commander
# 9
01-30-2013, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I think the -Threat consoles are a nice boon to BoPs in STFs.

To be honest with you the main reason I no longer fly a BoP for STFs is because I don't need cloaking and because other KDF options* are so amazingly strong that taking the BoP just feels silly.

(Currently Fleet Vorcha, 1K Vet Ship, Kar'Fi & Guramba are my ships of choice).

I don't think a reduced cooldown timer is ever going to happen for a single class of ships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
You are a true Klingon in your heart.
Now get rid of that capitalist symbol of tyranny from your avatar.
I have changed the avatar. Death to the federation!

I too am looking forward to getting a B'rel, but they have added the Hoh'sus BoP, so now i dont know which one i will go for! Anyone have any suggestions or advice?
Captain
# 10
01-31-2013, 08:52 AM
I fly a BoP too, and I don't die nowhere near enough to need reduced cool down times. As long as you remember the 'run' part of hit & run you'll be fine.