Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Republic Veteran
# 11
01-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
there is no need for RCS in PVE missions, especially not STFs. No cube will outmaneuver you, and should it do...well nevermind.
Yes but I kill more than just cubes and stationary objects, plus I also keep pvp in mind...I don't just exclusively pve.
Captain
# 12
01-27-2013, 06:13 PM
I'd rather one more engineer boff power, even ensign would do, than a console.
Captain
# 13
01-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
I'd rather one more engineer boff power, even ensign would do, than a console.
I don't think they've ever added to the total number of BOff powers on a T5 ship, but maybe we'll get lucky and they'll change the Ensign Sci to Uni.

Since the two top candidates are Tactical or Engineering, watch them add a 5th Science console instead if/when it comes out. I wouldn't mind Engineering to an RCS to be able to use DHCs in faster PvE easier, like Fleet PvE or Tau Dewa Red Alerts, but I can see why some would be against it. If I could get it to the same speed as my Fleet Tor'kaht with no RCS/Tachokinetic by using both on a Kar'fi I'd definitely switch one my characters to using it.
Captain
# 14
01-28-2013, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Because I like to do something besides sit around while my FAW is on cooldown...something more than just another boring old beam boat.
You can run dhcs on a voquv in pve it's a nifty little thing called REVERSE

Oh and don't offend me beams on a karfi why would you do that even a single cannon build is far superior in any way to a BEAM build go play wih the Feds if you want beams
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-28-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Because I like to do something besides sit around while my FAW is on cooldown...something more than just another boring old beam boat.
Beams on a kar'fi. ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Captain
# 16
01-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
I don't think they've ever added to the total number of BOff powers on a T5 ship, but maybe we'll get lucky and they'll change the Ensign Sci to Uni.
Thank you. That was probably a better way of saying the same thing I meant to. Yes either swap the sci to an engineer or universal. I don't expect to see any 6-boff ships even with the release to full admiral rank. Would be fun though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
You can run dhcs on a voquv in pve it's a nifty little thing called REVERSE

Oh and don't offend me beams on a karfi why would you do that even a single cannon build is far superior in any way to a BEAM build go play wih the Feds if you want beams
Cannons aren't better when you're parked at 9.8k Also, cannons don't let you target enemy subsystems. Although with phaser cannons you can get enough procs off to maybe do it, I do prefer to shoot out the engines.

It makes me happy to think about the people in the other ship, stuck, unable to move and being swarmed.
Captain
# 17
01-28-2013, 12:19 PM
I want the Tac Lt to go universal. I would buy 5 fleet modules for that.
Career Officer
# 18
01-29-2013, 07:58 PM
RCS on a Kar'Fi is wasted, IMO. Base turn is too slow for them to have an appreciable impact. It's the catch 22 of RCS. They are based on base turn rate so the slow ships that could use the buff don't get much use out of them, while the ships that get a worthy bonus simply don't need one...

Tac consoles currently rule the roost. My vote would be for an extra one of those.

Edit: IMO the boff layout is fine. I'd rather a uni ensign then ltcom. I'd just put a tac in there anyway.

Edt2: You said Lt... still... my point stands I'd rather swap the ens.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard

Last edited by kimmym; 01-29-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Captain
# 19
01-29-2013, 09:03 PM
If only the RCS consoles stacked against skills, as around 43% total turn boost and I'd be set then. My Fleet Tor'kaht has a base of 10 and is so much more capable of lining things up in it's sights, but that's after Skill points, which also stack against base.

Lt. Comm and Ensign going Universal would be awesome. Lots of flexibility to run a Sci- or Eng-heavy carrier, though I'd probably end up using the Lt. Comm as Tac still, but it's nice to have options. Toss in a console that fires a disruptor beam from the deflector and a HY Torp-be-gone AoE w/ get out of holds console and it'd be insanely nice...
Captain
# 20
01-30-2013, 06:21 AM
Lt. Uni gets you double A2B with an Eng slotted. Kar'fi would rule the galaxy with double A2B.