Commander
I queued up for khitomer vortex elite. got in then i was disconnected from the server.
For something which was NOT my fault,I got an hour ban leaver penalty.
Devs reading this i hope, that is totally unfair.
Republic Veteran
# 2
01-30-2013, 09:09 AM
This is nothing new. Unfortunately, it is not the fault of Cryptic if you disconnect in most cases unless they are having an known issue. It's usually the net acting a little screwy and breaking your connection. The leaver penalty is in place to discourage people from simply dropping out as I am sure you are aware.

All that can really be done is hope that these sorts of situations are kept to a minimum. If you get the leaver penalty because of this, you can always do other things like DOFF assignments, an episode, another instance, etc. until your penalty for that particular instance is up.
# 3
01-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
This is nothing new. Unfortunately, it is not the fault of Cryptic if you disconnect in most cases unless they are having an known issue. It's usually the net acting a little screwy and breaking your connection. The leaver penalty is in place to discourage people from simply dropping out as I am sure you are aware.

All that can really be done is hope that these sorts of situations are kept to a minimum. If you get the leaver penalty because of this, you can always do other things like DOFF assignments, an episode, another instance, etc. until your penalty for that particular instance is up.
I think you have completely misread what i said.
I said i was disconnected from the server,something which is not my fault as that is beyond my control.I hope that is alittle more clearer now.
Commander
# 4
01-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
I think you have completely misread what i said.
I said i was disconnected from the server,something which is not my fault as that is beyond my control.I hope that is alittle more clearer now.
No they didn't, they pointed out that it also wasn't the fault of the devs.

The leavers penalty is automatically assigned to everyone who leaves a mission from the PvE queue no matter why they left.
Career Officer
# 5
01-30-2013, 10:44 AM
1 hour?

If you want something productive to do I have a pile of clothes that require ironing.
Career Officer
# 6
01-31-2013, 11:17 AM
When I get disconnected during an STF, I usually pop back into the ongoing mission when I log back on.