Ensign
# 261
01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
well i don't know if i would even think of downloading this all i know is they are going to releases season 8 with this games main launch, so now we have atleast an idea when the next season of STO will be released
Career Officer
# 262
01-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Im interested in neverwinter also, and liked that they added the beta access as a lifer perk. I have not seen a key come in via mail, and i went looking again this morning after getting the mass email about the founder packs. So... where is my key?
Starfleet Veteran
# 263
01-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Considering that Neverwinter is a PWE game, then Neverwinter will be F2P with no subscription. Only reason why CO and STO have subscribers is due to the lifetime subscription. While the $200 bundle has some perks that are associated with subscriptions like priority access, it is not a lifetime subscription.
Spending about $200 in items and no life sub...that's a recipe for disaster...heard some other MMOs going with that same business plan (ie SWTOR) and look where they're now..even F2P has deserted them. On the other hand ..EVE is agreat success. However, dont think NWN will be ever be an EVE online...won't touch it with a pole for what it looks like another money sinkhole...just my IMO
Commander
# 264
01-30-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendharmny View Post
Star trek Online said lifers would get access to the Neverwinter Beta. Well as far as I know no Star Trek lifer has gotton a invite. I only bring this becouse Neverwinters beta starts Feb 8th
If you actually checked the Neverwinter forums, you'd know that the first wave of Beta will primarily be the people buying these packs, Lifers get in on the Second wave of Beta invites.
Captain
# 265
01-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
If you actually checked the Neverwinter forums, you'd know that the first wave of Beta will primarily be the people buying these packs, Lifers get in on the Second wave of Beta invites.
Exactly. We have another month to go to get our beta invite. So either pay $60 or $200 to get beta access next week with a few benefits or wait till March where there will be two beta weekends. There might be more closed beta weekend tests, but that is the schedule for now.
Career Officer
# 266 Spider Mount
01-30-2013, 10:34 AM
The spider mount looks cool but I am not going to pay 200$USD for it. I am sure there many people how will. If they had somekind of a Lifetime like STO I would think about it but just access to beta, not me.
"Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
Captain
# 267
01-30-2013, 10:39 AM
I can't wait...for Tiefling Lockboxes.
All cloaks should be canon.
Career Officer
# 268
01-30-2013, 04:19 PM
this is it?

one weekend, maybe two?

sorry i'm not downloading multiple GBs for your *stresstest* and *datamining* and i barely get a look at the thing...
Career Officer
# 269
01-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
this is it?

one weekend, maybe two?

sorry i'm not downloading multiple GBs for your *stresstest* and *datamining* and i barely get a look at the thing...
Closed betas ere rarely 24/7. STO's 2009 beta ran a couple of 2 to 4 hour sessions (they grew from 2 to 4 as the closed beta progressed), one on Thursday - followed by another on Saturday - and they usually had the client ready for you to download the day before a session. STO beta didn't really go 24/7 until the open beta hit.

Just saying.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 270
01-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
Spending about $200 in items and no life sub...that's a recipe for disaster...heard some other MMOs going with that same business plan (ie SWTOR) and look where they're now..even F2P has deserted them. On the other hand ..EVE is agreat success. However, dont think NWN will be ever be an EVE online...won't touch it with a pole for what it looks like another money sinkhole...just my IMO
You cannot compare it to SWTOR, for one, that game has the crapest F2P model I've seen in a long while. Also, why would they give a life sub for a game that doesn't have subs? Personally I like the looks of the offers they have for Neverwinter, I'm seriously considering picking one up, but would like to try the game first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Closed betas ere rarely 24/7. STO's 2009 beta ran a couple of 2 to 4 hour sessions (they grew from 2 to 4 as the closed beta progressed), one on Thursday - followed by another on Saturday - and they usually had the client ready for you to download the day before a session. STO beta didn't really go 24/7 until the open beta hit.

Just saying.
Yeah exactly, a lot of people seem to have strange views of what constitutes a closed beta period for MMOs.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...