Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 91
01-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
I disagree, movement debuff immunity is the major benefit. I'd much rather have the other buffs nerfed than lose the signature effect.




Also disagree here. Escorts should have to move, not just park and shoot. That's why things that resist movement debuffs exist, to keep you from getting caught without defense. It may make you feel helpless when your movement protection abilities are on cooldown, but it's not reason to scrap the system altogether.
Then slot PH like the rest of us! Why should escorts have a double advantage for?

Funny, in duels and sometimes in team matches, when escorts load an alpha they usually drift slowly or stand still to have perfect fire to maximize damage.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 92
01-30-2013, 11:12 AM
i always ran 2 copies of omega. all the ap doffs did for me was let me run omgea 3 with rapid fire 2 x2. if its waent for the doffs ide still have omega 3 omega 1 rapid 2 and 1. and i still want to see defence based on speed. if you were to junk that then i can park and shoot with no fear to my ship. banking would not hurt my defense as well.

devlora it kinda sounds like your a crusier player that hates how you have to boost your engine power just to keep max defense, or that you cant stay at 1/4 throttle to heal team mates because you killed your defensive score. yes this game can be escourts online with rom bo boosting crits. that is an issue. im just trying to understand if you have a grasp on how pvp works. to say you dont need an engy in pvp is very true. to say escourts are king is not. sci ships are the heroes in pvp. they let the tacts do thier job. also they do it way too well since the duration on sub nuke is broken. thats why you see sub nuke-->sci team-->sub nuke--->sci team--->sub nuke ship blows up. if the 5 secs we applied the team would be forced to re-target. thats the reason tacts are looking better then what they are atm. why do you think people run 3 sci 2 tact in premades? do you honestly believe tacts are making all thoes kills? no your basing your attacks on what sci is going to do. 2 sci healers 1 shut down sci.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 93
01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Then slot PH like the rest of us! Why should escorts have a double advantage for?
Because their need for mobility is critical to performance.


APO helps keep me alive, what really keeps me alive is teammates tossing ES/TSS/ST/ET/Aux to SIF, etc. onto me.


APO buffs my damage, and turn rate to help me stay on target to finish them off, what really lets me kill my targets are the Sci's with SNB and other debuffs.


Last edited by ussultimatum; 01-30-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 298
# 94
01-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Really I think the only ships I have a super hard time with is the bug ships and the Vesta is a little on the OP side. Granted, I've been flying a Galaxy-X in PvP so there's really nothing special about it. I can have my fair fight with just about anything but those 2. No matter how many heals I have, or abilities I use, one bug ship can take me down without sweating it. Other escorts can't do the dps they do.

The Vesta is just odd. The consoles seem to make it damn near invincible in most cases, and it can dish out some pretty serious dps. Most of the teams I've been on have had all 5 of us focus firing on it with almost no one else around and it can't be dropped very easy. Compared to the other Sci ships its a little over the top.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,480
# 95
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Because their need for mobility is critical to performance.


APO helps keep me alive, what really keeps me alive is teammates tossing ES/TSS/ST/ET/Aux to SIF, etc. onto me.
For some of the less experienced Escort pilots that run APO w/o PH... well, they're just going to end up killing themselves on some Cruiserjock's TBR. They'll be trying to keep their 45arc, ignoring the repel, but eating the damage...

As for tossing heals, all ships can toss out 5 of the 6 heals in the game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 96
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Then slot PH like the rest of us! Why should escorts have a double advantage for?
i could say the same about engy team and sci team. think of what thoes doffs are doing. think about how 2 doffs to bring et to global are boosting heal points of et. think how thats now doing a chain affect. hit et then aux2sif then he. they are all getting boosted heals from 1 doff. think how doffs that lower cd on et gives you an extra healing slot. your still doing more then what you used too correct? same goes for sci players that have a cd doff for sci team. so to jump on escourt players that can now have 1 copy of omega is looking 1 sided on your argument.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 97
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Because their need for mobility is critical to performance.


APO helps keep me alive, what really keeps me alive is teammates tossing ES/TSS/ST/ET/Aux to SIF, etc. onto me.


APO buffs my damage, and turn rate to help me stay on target to finish them off, what really lets me kill my targets are the Sci's with SNB and other debuffs.
So is it for sci ships and cruisers.

True, but APO still gives way too much for 1 skill alone.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 98
01-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
So is it for sci ships and cruisers.

True, but APO still gives way too much for 1 skill alone.
why are you so stuck on apo? again do you have a grasp on pvp? omega is not what saves me. its the healers
omega boost weps. maybe rework tt and i can use that to buff my weps.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 99
01-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Not really. APO offers so much benefit in one single BOFF ability alone, with NO downside. Its just nuts and I cant understand it. Can you find me one sci or eng skill in the Lt.cmnd/cmnd section which offers as much benefit with no downside?.
aux2sif. at high aux power you get a heal and a resist every 15 secs................
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,480
# 100
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Do APB2, APD2, and APO1 all have an equal value? Not necessarily on the same ship, but is there an APB2/APD2 + XYZ that has equal value to APO1 + XYZ?

Does APO2 have any value when you can get APO3 for the same slot?

Do APB3, APD3, and APO3 all have an equal value in a similar fashion to APB2/APD2/APO1?

That's where the balancing should be done, no? At least initially, no?

Man, it's like the Beam Array discussions. People always want to compare DHCs on Escorts to Beam Arrays on Cruisers. How about looking at both DHCs and Beam Arrays on Escorts?

Do Beam Arrays + XYZ on an Escort have equal value to DHCs + XYZ on an Escort? Are they balanced there or not?

It's never like that - the discussions are always comparing apples to oranges. It's like that with the ability discussion here. Why not the discussion of does TT1 have equal value to BtE1 given certain circumstances?

Balance things at "Level 1" - balance things at "Level 2" - balance things at "Level 3"... this trying to balance things right off the back at "Level 9000" when things haven't been balanced 1-8999... it's no wonder that there's always going to be issues.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 AM.