Captain
Ok I know it's not a trailer out there yet, but this is a cool mashup trailer. I just hope Jj spices up the Jedi fights like in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q99q5dV2ko
Captain
# 2
01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Nope.

By ep. 4 the jedi are all but extinct.

...Unless JJ magically transports all those jedi from an earlier time (his magic fix everything solution: TIME travel).
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 3
01-30-2013, 10:50 AM
I am still hoping for a timeline 30 or 40 years later. That way you can explain the new jedis running around, and bring back Mace who was in hiding. That way you can have the Old teachings vs the new teachings. Luke being the New Way of course over Maces old ways of the Jedi teaching.

How can Mace Wendo still be alive? Well mr. Jackson did say he wants to be in this New Star Wars. So.......Why Not?

maybe they can show a back story of what happened to him after getting blown out the window, like he was saved from the fall, and taken into hiding. Then maybe he can have a kid with some lady, and his son is raised in the Force. lol
Captain
# 4
01-30-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm hoping for the 3-4 year later timeline. The emperor and vader are dead, enter Adm. Thrawn from the outer rim who will bring the empire back together, more powerful than ever.

...That's the official licensed ending to the series, and the only version I want to see on screen.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 5
01-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I'm hoping for the 3-4 year later timeline. The emperor and vader are dead, enter Adm. Thrawn from the outer rim who will bring the empire back together, more powerful than ever.

...That's the official licensed ending to the series, and the only version I want to see on screen.
A story about the exploits of Mitth'raw'nuruodo would be the best we could hope for.
Zahn's stories have more atmosphere, suspense and substance than all the prequel BS together.
However Lucas once said if he ever made episodes 7-9, they'd be something similar to the "Dark Empire" storyline.
Let's hope he gets as little to say on the matter as possible.
Career Officer
# 6
01-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Definately want the Timothy Zahn trilogy
Captain
# 7
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:

Ending? That's not the ending, not by a long way. Personally, I'd love to see films based around the Yuuzhan Vong War, but that'll most likely never happen (mainly because you'd need a hell of a lot more than 3 films to fit it all in).

That said, the Thrawn trilogy would work pretty well. The ending of RoTJ leaves too many unanswered questions for people that have only seen the films (such as what happened to the entire Empire after the Emperor's death), this could pick it up pretty well. And then of course, films 10-12 can be the Thrawn duology, covering the apparent revival of Thrawn, and ending in the peace treaty between the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant.

I'm going to wander off now, and wait to be disappointed by all this never happening

Survivor of Remus
# 8
01-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
...Unless JJ magically transports all those jedi from an earlier time (his magic fix everything solution: TIME travel).
Because time travel was such a rare thing in Trek prior to that movie, right?