Captain
# 1 Romulan faction! Wheeeee!
01-30-2013, 10:56 AM
In MAY!

IF this is legit, what do you guys reckon will be specials for each ship, and what shiptypes do you reckon they will release?

Frankly i hope all romulan ships gets battle cloaks and a way more efficent cloak then klinks. And most of all i WANT that shield inversion beam on the D`deridex warbird.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 2
01-30-2013, 11:04 AM
It doesn't state that it's a Romulan faction.

It could be a continuation of the Romulan/Reman storyline - given that S8's supposed to be a major story - new adventure zone - invasions - etc, etc, etc...

...it could just be the Tal Shiar backed by the Iconians going to war with New Romulus as well as the KDF/Feds for supporting them.

That being said, the Romulan cloaks should be superior to the KDF cloaks (unfortunately). This may simply be a case of more ships having BCs or EBCs rather than regular cloaks.

You'd be looking at a combination of potential Romulan, Reman, and Hirogen... and...

There's just not enough there. Honestly, just not enough there.

It would have to be a major expansion adding all sorts of things even to get it anywhere near what the KDF have much less the Feds...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 3
01-30-2013, 11:06 AM
*Jumps up and down and spinning in joy*

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 4
01-30-2013, 11:07 AM
My guess is Sci Cloaked vessels. It a niche KDF doesn't have and would fit Romulans.
Republic Veteran
# 5 Have to agree with virusdancer
01-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Theres not much there to say a faction, and with all the interviews saying that its unlikely any further playable factions coming in 2013 I would says its either another zone or story branch.

5 months to may they have created a faction I doubt that way to quick, there would be any content for it shame but I don't think so.
Captain
# 6
01-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Well it would be a little odd to add another faction, when KDF does miss half the content.... on the other hand, I like romulans. More cloaked ships in pvp means more stealth detection for my nebula the klingons are using alien tech too much atm and BoPs are as scarse as a science ship with science captain.
Career Officer
# 7
01-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Everyone /target that evil Romulan devoras.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 8
01-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Well it would be a little odd to add another faction, when KDF does miss half the content.... on the other hand, I like romulans. More cloaked ships in pvp means more stealth detection for my nebula the klingons are using alien tech too much atm and BoPs are as scarse as a science ship with science captain.
Pffft!

When has Cryptic ever made something fully and whole for certain content?
Oh where was I? Oh yes! Wheeeeee

Devoras

Captain
# 9
01-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Does this mean StarDagger comes back?
Captain
# 10
01-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Does this mean StarDagger comes back?
he did say that didnt he when the romie faction came