Captain
# 21
01-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleycrasher View Post
Pretty mediocre. The KDF ship is clearly superior with it not looking awful, a cloak, higher turn rate, and better power distribution, but that doesn't mean much. Boring, bland, and ugly. How unfortunate.

Can't wait to see what silly consoles come on the c-store versions that no one will ever use, because you can only put them on these boring cruisers.
Shut Up Wesley! (Sorry, Couldn't resist!)

Pretty nice for free ships... I'm looking forward to hear what the c-store version/s will have to offer.
Empire Veteran
# 22
01-30-2013, 01:28 PM
No cannons for the KDF ship? ok, no thanks.
Career Officer
# 23
01-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Looking at the stats, its funny the Ambassador and Kamarag are tactically more superior than the Galaxy-refit and the Negh'var, and en par with the Vor'cha Refit and the Sovereign.

The Kamarag:

Seeing the aft of the Kamarag, it is a nice transition cruiser between the K'T'inga and the Vor'cha. Though guess they upgraded the design for the 5th Century Nacelles.

But I have to ask the team, if the design was named after Ambassador Kamarag (Klingon Ambassador in the movies), I assume you killed him off before he made it to the mid 24th Century for the High Council to bestow the honor of naming ship class after him?

We going to hear the story of the honorable way he died in combat?

The Ambassador:

As for the looks of the Ambassador, as pointed out, too bad there is no Zhukov variant for the refit. Still, believe the STO Ambassador's nacelles look larger than the actual model.

Last edited by azurianstar; 01-30-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Lieutenant
# 24
01-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Details about the Ambassador and Kamarag class ships are revealed in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
This in my OPINION is S***. How can you be proud Cryptic for presenting this ship as a anniversary gift!?!? On the other hand I like the Kamarag. But both Ambassadors are c***. Even the Odyssey was way better. Almost no-one is gonna get it(Spare the few collecters )
Captain
# 25
01-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silence1311 View Post
This in my OPINION is S***. How can you be proud Cryptic for presenting this ship as a anniversary gift!?!? On the other hand I like the Kamarag. But both Ambassadors are c***. Even the Odyssey was way better. Almost no-one is gonna get it(Spare the few collecters )
Almost no one is going to get it? I'm completely certain that's not going to be the case. In fact, by tomorrow evening, I predict if you warp into Sol, Ambassador class ships will be the majority of the ones you see.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Empire Veteran
# 26
01-30-2013, 01:32 PM
disappointed these arent fleet level ships, i only hope this means there will be fleet level versions soon. also disappointed the kamerang doesn't have an LTC tac, LTC sci on the kdf faction are beter left to orian ships. the rest of it all looks good though. at least they like the ambassador enough to give it a good station setup, and a competent number of tac stations. it wasn't going to replace the ody as the best healer, so it might as well have decent tactical power for us kirks! since the ambassador has about the same volume as a sovereign, a 7 turn rate is fair. pleasantly surprised the kamarag got a between ktinga and vorcha 10.5 turn too! post the inertia scored for once jeeze!

will the kamarang replace my ktinga? good question. -1 very important flow cap console, -.5 turn, having to give up ether RSP2 or ET3 for something LTC sci. hmm, tough one

the ambassador will be fun to play with, but that second ens tac will go a bit to waist, with 2 AtB i don't need 2 TT, it cant use torps to any effect, BO1 sucks, i guess i could run beams and have BO2 and FAW1 for garbage duty
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lieutenant
# 27
01-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Looking at the stats, its funny the Ambassador and Kamarag are tactically more superior than the Galaxy-refit and the Negh'var, and en par with the Vor'cha Refit and the Sovereign.

Yep, though it was constructed 30 years before the galaxy class it is vastly superior to it. It is also on par with the galaxy retrofit, which was outfitted with technology that's 80 years after the Ambassador was constructed. Makes sense to Cryptic, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
Almost no one is going to get it? I'm completely certain that's not going to be the case. In fact, by tomorrow evening, I predict if you warp into Sol, Ambassador class ships will be the majority of the ones you see.
Yeah, you'll see it everywhere for a few days, maybe even a week. Then everyone will move back to their ships that aren't awful.

Last edited by wesleycrasher; 01-30-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 28
01-30-2013, 01:36 PM
I can't believe how many people are complaining about something that's free and the only effort to get it is playing a new mission. Save your complaints for something that warrants it, then maybe it'll be taken seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2013, 01:36 PM
It really pisses me off that first cryptic screws over the Galaxy with the MUCH older Excelsior and now they screw it over more with an old Ambassador. WTF is up with that?
Captain
# 30
01-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
I can't believe how many people are complaining about something that's free and the only effort to get it is playing a new mission. Save your complaints for something that warrants it, then maybe it'll be taken seriously.
+1

I applaud you good Sir!