Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 39
# 61
01-30-2013, 01:19 PM
I love the Ambassador class. Not this representation of it though.

http://s8.postimage.org/r0beiqnid/amb_sucks.jpg
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
# 62
01-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Another very good looking federation cruiser great job

And another Fed cruiser that is worthless in the end game

Low DPS
Poor Tactical bridge officer layout
Poor turn rate

Classic STO piece of garbage Cruiser

However it still looks great ! and its free

Most of us would rather it was costly and good

Fail..............I will stay in my fleet excelsior
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
# 63
01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
But its a T5 cruiser. Any T5 cruiser has 4 aft weapons.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 559
# 64
01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Both ships look really nice. Kudos to the ship team.

Design-wise, though, I kind of relate with the discontents. A distinguishing way to set it appart could've been to grant it a good cruiser turn rate (9-10ish) to justify Tasha Yar's comment over it being more maneuverable than its Romulan counterparts. Maybe it woudn't have been powerful (like the MVAE, the LtSci really isn't helping it all that much) but at least it'd have been a pleasure to fly around - as is, it's barely more maneuverable than the oh-so-much-more-huge Odyssey.

As is, despite my being a Fed player, the Kamarag is mostly what I look forward to. It might be an excuse for me to actually create (and not delete) a Klingon character.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 65
01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
I will stay in my fleet excelsior
Or a Galor if you have one; I don't use mine much any more because I just couldn't stand that it looks like garbage.
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
# 66
01-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Details about the Ambassador and Kamarag class ships are revealed in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.


Link to the blog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
That it can mount on more (rear) weapon than an escort. Cryptic explains things in one fashion, but stats them in another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
Both ships look really nice. Kudos to the ship team.

Design-wise, though, I kind of relate with the discontents. A distinguishing way to set it appart could've been to grant it a good cruiser turn rate (9-10ish) to justify Tasha Yar's comment over it being more maneuverable than its Romulan counterparts. Maybe it woudn't have been powerful (like the MVAE, the LtSci really isn't helping it all that much) but at least it'd have been a pleasure to fly around - as is, it's barely more maneuverable than the oh-so-much-more-huge Odyssey.

As is, despite my being a Fed player, the Kamarag is mostly what I look forward to. It might be an excuse for me to actually create (and not delete) a Klingon character.
Being able to pile up tons of contraband and resources with Klingon Doffs is reason enough to make and keep a Klingon, IMO.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,865
# 67
01-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
You're wasting your breath on these people.

Most of them seem totally oblivious that militaries refitting old ships with new technology to bring them up to date is a totally normal thing.
Clearly I am. How many times has the single argument of "How can it be better than the newer Galaxy?" appeared?

Off course it would be nice if the ships ingame somehow represented what was in the show/the timeline related logic, but it just wouldn't work in the game.

The newly introduced Jem'Hadar Dreadnaught would blow any other ship to dust if it were so.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 298
# 68
01-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Adjusted for advances in technology, I think the Excelsior and Ambassador were probably intended to be more tactically oriented than the Galaxy, which was more outfitted for exploration. So a modern retrofit of the aforementioned ships outgunning a Galaxy actually makes sense. Pay attention to your TNG episodes, and you'll see that the Galaxy was quite pathetic in combat. So if anything, Cryptic is following canon.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 69
01-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
Adjusted for advances in technology, I think the Excelsior and Ambassador were probably intended to be more tactically oriented than the Galaxy, which was more outfitted for exploration. So a modern retrofit of the aforementioned ships outgunning a Galaxy actually makes sense. Pay attention to your TNG episodes, and you'll see that the Galaxy was quite pathetic in combat. So if anything, Cryptic is following canon.
Ye those Galaxy wings in DS9 that were literaly pushing galors away with their heavy beams were really pathetic in combat...not
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 124
# 70
01-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
You're wasting your breath on these people.

Most of them seem totally oblivious that militaries refitting old ships with new technology to bring them up to date is a totally normal thing.

The Galaxy is a recent retrofit as well. So again, how are the Excelsior and Ambassador better spec'd then the Galaxy?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 AM.