Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
And that they don't want the Exploration cruiser line to be effective. Because of Ambassador.

I'd like Cryptic to comment on this decision; that the Galaxy class is now weaker combat-wise to not one, but both of the ships preceding it.

I don't think Cryptic hates the Galaxy class, but I do think they love to troll everyone who loves that ship.
Career Officer
# 2
01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post

I don't think Cryptic hates the Galaxy class, but I do think they love to troll everyone who loves that ship.
Lol! There may be something to that! Can't say I blame them though, I never cared for the Galaxy class at all.. Except the Galaxy-X, that ship is a thing of beauty!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Lol! There may be something to that! Can't say I blame them though, I never cared for the Galaxy class at all.. Except the Galaxy-X, that ship is a thing of beauty!
Unfortunately, the Gal-X is just as bad it's sister ship, if not worse. Talk about all looks and no substance....
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Republic Veteran
# 4
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
I blame Picard.

Whenever Worf wanted to show off the Enterprise D firepower, Picard always denied him.

But, the Enterprise D was known for taking hits, so it was a tank in TNG.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 5
01-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
Unfortunately, the Gal-X is just as bad it's sister ship, if not worse. Talk about all looks and no substance....
Indeed, sad but true.
Lieutenant
# 6
01-30-2013, 02:05 PM
I think this just shows the need to really do some buffing to a lot of the older c-store ships to keep them in line but still competitive, instead of the current trend of it's there, that's all.
Captain
# 7
01-30-2013, 02:05 PM
It got three tac consoles, else noone would bother with it. And that would be bad for press...if noone would bother with the anniversary reward Oh well. Poor 2 tac consoles ships.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
I think Cryptic should finally admit, that the galaxy isn't up to par and the engineering heaviness is extremely limiting.

What they should do is give the ship it's flagship status back by changing it's stats to being as versatile as the Odyssey without eclipsing it.

In fact, all 3 TNG era hero refit ships should get this treatment.

Make them something special again. As they should be.
Captain
# 9
01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
I think Cryptic should finally admit, that the galaxy isn't up to par and the engineering heaviness is extremely limiting.

What they should do is give the ship it's flagship status back by changing it's stats to being as versatile as the Odyssey without eclipsing it.

In fact, all 3 TNG era hero refit ships should get this treatment.

Make them something special again. As they should be.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Also, what's wrong with the Galaxy-X? It's a great, effective tanker if piloted in skilled hands, and it can do a fair bit of damage, again if piloted by skilled hands.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Career Officer
# 10
01-30-2013, 02:17 PM
I fly a Galaxy-X, and honestly it's better than the R, although there is little difference between the two. Really the only difference is the consoles, and the Ens Boff slot. (On the Gal-R its an ENG, on the Gal-X its a Tac)

One thing I have found really interesting after looking at the Ambassador, is the Ambassador and Excelsior are RA level ships. The Galaxy-X and Galaxy-R are both VA level ships, but aside from the Galaxy's having 1000 crew compared to 700 and 750, they are virtually the same. The Galaxy X/R, and the Assault Cruiser Refit need a boost to put them more in line with the Oddy Command Cruiser, and less closely related to the RA level ships.