Captain
# 21
01-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I believe it will be a romulan faction....

However it won't be free.

Expect it to be a P2P faction. Likely it will cost north of $30 to unlock one romulan toon slot.... the base ship will likely be a terribly speced 100 year old romulan warbird... with everything thats any good being another $20+ off the cstore.

Cryptic can keep there greedy ways.... I have real faith that I will get to play a real romulan faction when some other dev has the licence 10+ years from now. lol
Take my 30 dollars i dont care. Give me my D`deridex! Wheeeeeee!
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 22
01-30-2013, 12:59 PM
I will certainly be there!

I really hope that this is the case. But, come to think about it, Cryptic would have come out and said it was not the case, by now, seeing how excited everyone is.
Captain
# 23
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
In MAY!

IF this is legit, what do you guys reckon will be specials for each ship, and what shiptypes do you reckon they will release?

Frankly i hope all romulan ships gets battle cloaks and a way more efficent cloak then klinks. And most of all i WANT that shield inversion beam on the D`deridex warbird.
I only want to go on record saying that I have lost count of the number of times Devoras has screamed with joy on OPvP about the Romulan content that will hit in May. But with a name like "Devoras," who can blame the guy? Just kidding my friend. All this Romulan stuff is great news, on a more serious note.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Rihannsu
the wheeeeeeeeee is OP, here is some moaaar
woooot wooooot
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 25
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
don't get too exited, it might just be a teaser for new D'deridex lockbox lotery.
Career Officer
# 26
01-30-2013, 01:27 PM
If true, we really need some sort of unified queue system. FvF, FvR, FvK, RvK, RvR, KvK is too much and would seriously split the community.
Captain
# 27
01-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
If true, we really need some sort of unified queue system. FvF, FvR, FvK, RvK, RvR, KvK is too much and would seriously split the community.
This is a really good point actually. I wonder if they will work some kind of "alliance" idea into game, where Romulans could play as Romulans--perhaps even with unique story content--but then ultimately choose which of the two sides in the conflict they want to join. Given the fragmentary and fragile nature of the Romulan Empire at the moment, it wouldn't be surprising to see splinter groups joining separate factions. Just a thought. This would also solve the problem hurleybird describes above.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 28
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Not nessecarily. It will encourage more people to join and creates a healthy diversity then the stale fed vs klink. A third faction will create more excitement.

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
# 29
01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Bring on 3v3 team madness like in Black Ops 2 Multi-Team queues.

Yeah, right.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 30
01-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Bring on 3v3 team madness like in Black Ops 2 Multi-Team queues.

Yeah, right.
Even better! This will too grant Cryptic a chance to make a pvp map in a similar fashion how WvWvW works in GW2. Only here it would be RvKvF. Add in cap points to defend and attack, and score X kills.

Do you have any IDEA how FUN and a new revitalized boost that will give pvp? Im climaxing by the thought alone!