Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
01-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
And that they don't want the Exploration cruiser line to be effective. Because of Ambassador.

I'd like Cryptic to comment on this decision; that the Galaxy class is now weaker combat-wise to not one, but both of the ships preceding it.

I don't think Cryptic hates the Galaxy class, but I do think they love to troll everyone who loves that ship.
Source?
And the Galaxy X looks terrible. That 3rd nacelle is an eyesore
Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
Let the stupid suffer
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontline2042 View Post
Source?
The design of the Galaxy-X is not to be blamed on Cryptic. it's what was on screen. Deal with it.
Career Officer
# 13
01-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
Unfortunately, the Gal-X is just as bad it's sister ship, if not worse. Talk about all looks and no substance....
I know !! You'd think they would give it a more tactical layout and more turning... but alas, Cryptic is as Cryptic does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontline2042 View Post
Source?
Hey! Federation Dreadnoughts have had 3 nacelles since well before TNG!

Last edited by skyranger1414; 01-30-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Captain
# 14
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
What they should do is give the ship it's flagship status back by changing it's stats to being as versatile as the Odyssey without eclipsing it.
The Galaxy isn't the flagship anymore, the Odyssey is. I mean according to Lore, the Odyssey is what they used for the Enterprise F. So they won't do anything that gives the Galaxy back that status. Buffing it for the sake of how it plays in game is fine. But it will never be considered the flagship again.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2013, 02:32 PM
No, the Galaxy and the Sovereign are REAL flagships, the Oddy is Cryptic's way of trying to get a famous ship of their own to bear the name Enterprise but it fails dismally. Cryptic have always been disrespectful of the Galaxy Class and even the Sovereign to an extent because they know nothing about Star Trek or how to recreate it in a game format. They only do what they think is cool and not what the fans want.

The Oddy is an always will be a bad joke at Cryptic's expense, a ship like that will never bear the name Enterprise. Typhon Pact timeline is much better then this sorry attempt of a game.
Career Officer
# 16
01-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
I think Cryptic should finally admit, that the galaxy isn't up to par and the engineering heaviness is extremely limiting.

What they should do is give the ship it's flagship status back by changing it's stats to being as versatile as the Odyssey without eclipsing it.

In fact, all 3 TNG era hero refit ships should get this treatment.

Make them something special again. As they should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
The Galaxy isn't the flagship anymore, the Odyssey is. I mean according to Lore, the Odyssey is what they used for the Enterprise F. So they won't do anything that gives the Galaxy back that status. Buffing it for the sake of how it plays in game is fine. But it will never be considered the flagship again.
True, but the Galaxy's are both VA level ships, not RA, so they should be closer to the Oddy, than the Excelsior/Ambassador.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
01-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Hey! Federation Dreadnoughts have had 3 nacelles since well before TNG!
News to me... Got an on-screen reference for that one? The old RPG book from the 80's notwithstanding, we never saw any evidence of that in onscreen-canon, or in the official tech manuals.
Captain
# 18
01-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenflak View Post
News to me... Got an on-screen reference for that one? The old RPG book from the 80's notwithstanding, we never saw any evidence of that in onscreen-canon, or in the official tech manuals.
The Franz Joseph Starfleet Tech Manual isn't canon, but it did indeed feature the Federation-class Dreadnought having three warp nacelles.

Also, Ex Astris Scientia (the site) has shown that one of the Starfleet ship hulks seen in the Wolf 359 graveyard is of a three nacelled configuration (saucer is a mini-Galaxy, hull is an Ambassador, three warp engines).

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Career Officer
# 19
01-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenflak View Post
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Dreadnought

The only one to appear on screen was the Galaxy Dreadnought, but several references have been made to them having 3 nacelles. Also a book written in the 80's called Dreadnought! details a 3 nacelled TOS era vessel.
Republic Veteran
# 20
01-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudgy View Post
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Dreadnought

The only one to appear on screen was the Galaxy Dreadnought, but several references have been made to them having 3 nacelles. Also a book written in the 80's called Dreadnought! details a 3 nacelled TOS era vessel.
If it never happened on screen it's not real