Captain
# 101
01-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
these are good ships, and will be useful. i only hope a fleet version isnt far behind though, i want to use these, but the lack of console, and the bit antiquated shield mod and hull hitpoints simply puts them at a disadvantage to every fleet and lock box ship option

the ody is a good healer, but to hav a LTC sci, you also are stuck with an LT sci too, and minimal eng powers. these ships lets you have most eng, and still a powerful sci. this is a beter spread of powers for a healer.

the ambassador stats make the galaxy R look real bad, as if it needed help doing that. more then ever it needs a fair shake. at LEAST a universal ENS station on the fleet version, at LEAST!!. 5 eng consoles, no thanks, 3 tac please. the galaxy in canon is about twice the size (volume) and twice as powerful as an ambassador, they should at least break even in game.
Indeed, poor Galaxy is stuck being a super-duper tank/healer that isn't actually more super-duper at tanking or healing than other ships thanks to its extremely inefficient BOff layout and piss-poor console arrangement. If there was a bit more, shall we say, variety in Ens Engineering powers it'd be less of a problem, but no matter what, it'll always be stuck being hamstrung care of its consoles relative to every other cruiser out there.

Compare and contrast it to the Tholian Recluse Carrier as a healer, I dare you.
Career Officer
# 102
01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
FYI they replaced the Vesta on Tribble with the Ambassador Model.

Looks really good close up.

After getting a good look and comparing with the Model, I had had to make a critique thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=532701

Sorry for the nitpicking Cryptic, but I like accuracy.

Last edited by azurianstar; 01-30-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 103
01-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
these are good ships, and will be useful. i only hope a fleet version isnt far behind though, i want to use these, but the lack of console, and the bit antiquated shield mod and hull hitpoints simply puts them at a disadvantage to every fleet and lock box ship option

the ody is a good healer, but to hav a LTC sci, you also are stuck with an LT sci too, and minimal eng powers. these ships lets you have most eng, and still a powerful sci. this is a beter spread of powers for a healer.

the ambassador stats make the galaxy R look real bad, as if it needed help doing that. more then ever it needs a fair shake. at LEAST a universal ENS station on the fleet version, at LEAST!!. 5 eng consoles, no thanks, 3 tac please. the galaxy in canon is about twice the size (volume) and twice as powerful as an ambassador, they should at least break even in game.
Yes the boff laoyout is really nice on the Fed ship. It's very tanky, 7 turnrate is ok, and having a LtCmdr sci + an enseign and Lt tac is really interesting. It will be a valuable alternative to the galor with a 10 consoles c-store version.
Empire Veteran
# 104
01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I've updated the blog to note that the T3 and T5 version of the Kamarag can equip cannons (dual and dual heavy, of course)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I guess it is what it is... Looks good but I'd probally never use it... its sub par for what most of us have already
Career Officer
# 105
01-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
I don't doubt that support is much valued in PvP. However, the way STO designs its PvE, everything goes super awesome if all participants are geared for maximum DPS. A cruiser with a turn rate of 7 can't do this very well.
My feeling is that with the stats it has (and looking at the turnrate on the Klingon ship PLUS cloak PLUS cannons), they should look at bumping the Ambassador's turnrate up to a 9 or 10 and add subsystem targeting, since it's a Science-y cruiser.

In fact, I think any cruiser whose Klingon "counterpart" gets decent turnrate, cannons, and cloak probably deserves a turnrate buff and subsystem targeting on the Fed version.
Starfleet Veteran
# 106
01-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
My feeling is that with the stats it has (and looking at the turnrate on the Klingon ship PLUS cloak PLUS cannons), they should look at bumping the Ambassador's turnrate up to a 9 or 10 and add subsystem targeting, since it's a Science-y cruiser.

In fact, I think any cruiser whose Klingon "counterpart" gets decent turnrate, cannons, and cloak probably deserves a turnrate buff and subsystem targeting on the Fed version.
Thank you for getting it...
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Survivor of Romulus
# 107
01-30-2013, 03:39 PM
I have only 2 issues with the ambassador. It's am amazing looking ship, which is an opinion I've had for a long time now. Thing is, it is yet another ship with a useless ens tac slot. tac team 1 is pretty much the only power to go in there. My other issue is the turn rate. 7 is just insanely low. I'd bump it up to at least an 8, maybe a 9.

Problematically, if both of those changes were implemented it would make the ship more than just a little OP!

My only problem with the kamarag is...well, it is a new karfi imo. Nice stats, but as ugly as a slug that has just been stepped on. I think mitigating that would be possible by giving the ability to customise it with either or both k'tinga family and vorcha family ship parts. The windows also need to be toned down a tad both in number and size.

I await the fleet retro of these boats
Congratulations on the upcoming 3rd anniversary! (and the 1st anniversary of my playing this game)
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Commander
# 108
01-30-2013, 03:43 PM
i just hope the feature episode isnt near a klingon colony or romulans or a system called Narendra lol besides that great ship i really look forward to it i think i need to go get phasers and proton torpedos instead of my anti proton beams give some respect to picard the ship deserves to be used with the correct gear imo
Career Officer
# 109
01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleycrasher View Post
The ship that's nearly a century out of date outclasses most cruisers that came after it, that's not a valid complaint?

Also, the ship is ugly and mediocre. Its ok for a free ship, but anyone serious about cruisers will already have or be looking to getting one of the superior ships. The time spent designing this monstrosity could have been spent adding real content or fixing any one of countless bugs.
You are playing a Video Game. Are you such an avid fan of the Star Trek Franchise that you would forgo the Ability to play one of the classic Starships on an even footing with more advanced starships such as the Defiant, Odyssey, and Sovereign? Or would you rather play a boring game where all of the classic ships are Tier 1 through 3 (no matter what) and the Tier 4 and 5 ships are all ships made in the 24th or later centuries? In otherwords, all fleet ships would by necessity have to of been manufactured in the 24th or 25th centuries (unless they are Time Ships).
# 110
01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
Thank you for getting it...
BTW, I'm not against buffing the Galaxy or developing it as well. I just think the Ambassador probably isn't where it should be either and that shows with relation to the KDF ship being released here. (And the Galor is similarly the most unimpressive lockbox ship. I got one for RP reasons and its big perk is its weapons.)