Captain
# 31
01-30-2013, 02:30 PM
That actually sounds exciting. Imagine Capture and Hold...

If the Romulan faction is done and is a resounding success, I'm hoping Cryptic might also implement the idea of a Dominion playable faction. (Dominion players are isolated in the Gamma Quadrant until level 40 or so, then can rejoin the Alpha Quadrant. More territory would be available for high ranking Fed/KDF/Rommie players)

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Empire Veteran
# 32
01-30-2013, 02:36 PM
i would not be surprised if a 3rd faction was the death of faction ques. do we really think they would go to the trouble of making all the que types? and if they did, could we even fill them so half of them ever had games pop?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 33
01-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Its just a Logo. Where is the text telling us anything?
Nevermind found the video.

Though rumor says it may be a great update for the KDF to move toward completion with the start of the RSE finally begining. It may even have an adventure zone for the two factions.

Only the Devs know for sure.......
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 01-30-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Captain
# 34
01-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Its just a Logo. Where is the text telling us anything?
Nevermind found the video.

Though rumor says it may be a great update for the KDF to move toward completion with the start of the RSE finally begining. It may even have an adventure zone for the two factions.

Only the Devs know for sure.......
You are a more reasonable fellow than your beard has led me to believe, Roach-san. I shall do you a great honor and take your words of wisdom to heart... as should we all.

Ya gotta admit, though, it's nice to fantasize a bit every once in awhile, though.
Career Officer
# 35
01-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Worst. Idea. Ever.

Given all the canon references we have to Klingons, we do not have a functioning KDF faction.

Now, while we *STILL* have a non-functioning KDF faction, everybody and their brother is excited about them making *ANOTHER* faction, that has *LESS* information and backstory then the Klingons do...

I have 10k EC says this time next year if we do get a Romulan faction the boards are full of people complaining that its not finished, and that the KDF is still not finished.

Finish the KDF. If you manage it, then start a thrid, unneccisary faction.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Commander
# 36
01-30-2013, 03:25 PM
There will be Empire to defend!

On the serious note, i hope it will give players everything that was lacking on kdf side.
[10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
Commander
# 37
01-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
If true, we really need some sort of unified queue system. FvF, FvR, FvK, RvK, RvR, KvK is too much and would seriously split the community.
Work being done on the queue system?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tIf8ZWSFc

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Empire Veteran
# 38
01-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
If true, we really need some sort of unified queue system. FvF, FvR, FvK, RvK, RvR, KvK is too much and would seriously split the community.
Would be the perfect time to get rid of ques alltogether (except privates) and make open PvP zones for all to enjoy.......
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 39
01-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Now open PvP zones I could sink my teeth into! Actually put my cloak to some good use!
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Captain
# 40
01-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Faction Queues and STF PUG-like Queues.

Faction Queues:
FvRvK - first come first serve. If there are only 10 Feds in the queue, it will be a 5v5 FvF. If there are 5 Feds and 5 KDF, it will be a 5v5 FvK. If there are 5 Roms and 5 KDF, it will be a 5v5 KvR. If there are 4 Feds, 4 KDF, 4 Rom...the first two to get to 5 will go while the one that didn't get 5 will have to wait. If the two that got 5 manage to get 5 again before the other, that other will wait again....possibly again...and again. If that other gets 5, then they will face whichever of the other two queues five first. If there were 5 additional available for two, they'd make it a 10v10. Priority given to establishing 5v5's and then filling out 10v10s.

Plausible?

STF PUG-like Queues:
Mixed teams of Feds, KDF, and Roms...

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser