Captain
# 311
11-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Just a quick tip until/unless the calculator gets updated. The boxes in the "Standard Engineering Consoles" can have any number in them, even negative ones, and turn out the proper value in the "Game Displays" section. This means that they can be used to mimic any new ship or console that might come out. This will allow the calculator to continue to be used indefinitely. It has been and will continue to be extremely valuable to me (I just finished working out my settings for the Vesta I want to get), so I want to make sure everyone can get the most out of it.

LordHavelock, thank you for all your work on this. It is one of the most useful tools ever developed for STO, especially for people working on their skill build. I will continue to use it for as long as I'm playing the game.

Also, I agree, Terry Pratchett is great.
Lieutenant
# 312
11-16-2012, 05:40 AM
I get a 404 error when trying to download the power calculator!
Captain
# 313
11-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deletedgear View Post
The Parent URL (http://www.bobclemins.com/) is "under construction".
I assume the site's down for maintenance etc. temporarily.

If it stays down for some reason (lordhavelock said they'd continue to host the Spreadsheet indefinitely) there's a lot of us about who have a copy of it already downloaded. Might be possible to get a mirror set up as long as appropriate credit is given.

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
Rihannsu
# 314
11-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
Just a quick tip... This means that they can be used to mimic any new ship or console that might come out. This will allow the calculator to continue to be used indefinitely...
Very observant. Yes, those fields are just direct modifications to the display, put in whatever you want.

I am back for Season 7, casually playing around the new Sector Block, but I'm just not so hardcore into STO that I'm going to dig hard for the info, and it's unlikely I'll buy any new ships at this time myself. So that being said, I could use your help:

If you anyone would be so kind to post ships missing from my lists (and anything else), and their power stats, I'll update the sheet, and produce a new Calc.

Quote:
LordHavelock, thank you for all your work on this. It is one of the most useful tools ever developed for STO, especially for people working on their skill build. I will continue to use it for as long as I'm playing the game.
Thanks. >blush<

Quote:
Also, I agree, Terry Pratchett is great.
Terry Pratchett? Hmmm... Terry Pratchett... Pratchett... I'm sure I've heard that name before, but alas I can not remember where... I'll confer with Drumknott, it's likely he'll be able to provide detailed files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deletedgear View Post
Eek! Indeed! >Tests OP link< Hmm... It seems to be working for me. I did make some recent changes to my site, so it's possible I goofed something up. On which link did you click? And/or can you provide more info? I'd like to get it fixed/working, naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelwy5 View Post
The Parent URL... is "under construction" ...temporarily.
I lol'd. Not at you but at myself. My homepage has been down/under construction "temporarily" for ... years. HA! "Someday" I'll get that back up. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelwy5 View Post
If it stays down for some reason (lordhavelock said they'd continue to host the Spreadsheet indefinitely) there's a lot of us about who have a copy of it already downloaded. Might be possible to get a mirror set up as long as appropriate credit is given.
Indeed. I pay for the online hosting for other misc personal projects, and as far as I know I will "always" have my own little slice of the Intarwebs, and hosting this is inconsequential. So yeah. It should be there. If you guys are having problems, I'll try to fix them. And BTW, it's kind of you to want to "mirror" and "credit" it - That's pretty neat that you all like it so much. >more blushing<

Live Long and Prosper!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 315
11-17-2012, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Eek! Indeed! >Tests OP link< Hmm... It seems to be working for me. I did make some recent changes to my site, so it's possible I goofed something up. On which link did you click? And/or can you provide more info? I'd like to get it fixed/working, naturally.
When I checked (just before posting) it was the top link on this page that was resulting in a 404. Seems to be working again now though.

Cheers for continuing to host/update it.

Quote:
That's pretty neat that you all like it so much. >more blushing<
The very fact that all the data is laid out in Spreadsheet format means it's very easy to test combinations of new equipment or ships (the copy I use has a few tweaks in order to include buffs from 'Emergency Power to X' and 'Plasmonic Leech'). It's saved me a lot of skillpoint investment on several of my characters by giving me the ability to predict exactly what skillpoint investment is required to balance Aux/Shield/Weapons power etc. at 125 in different ship loadouts. It's definitely useful!

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
Rihannsu
# 316
12-13-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm working on a new Ship Power Calculator (including new ships added during Season 6-7).

ETA == Soon?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Empire Veteran
# 317
01-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I'm working on a new Ship Power Calculator (including new ships added during Season 6-7).

ETA == Soon?

I waiting yet

This calculator is a real help for build a character/ship Power
Rihannsu
# 318
01-30-2013, 04:49 PM
The waiting is over. I have made a new/updated Ship Power Guide & Calculator, updated for Season 7 - Year 3 Anniversary:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=532731

Mods: Please unsticky and close this, my old/original thread, and transfer the sticky to my new thread, above. Thanks!

Closed Thread