Career Officer
# 1651
01-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I'm sorry, but IMHO, that model was the worst appearance of the Galaxy-class starship in the whole Trek series. The deflector shape didn't look anything like the 6-footer or the 4-footer, and neither did the rear of the saucer, nacelle pylons, engineering section rear, or the colours of the ship's warp engines.

The hull textures looked nice, but the shape was off.
Okay fair enough, so which should they use for future/potential model fixes? Chronologically speaking, the six foot Enterprise-D model was the last one used on screen in Generations: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Galaxy_class_model#Use

Quote:
Its use in Star Trek Generations, proved to be the last time the six-foot studio model was ever used as a production asset, the shot of the saucer section breaking through the cloud cover of Veridian III, being the very last of the model.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 01-30-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Career Officer
# 1652
01-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Okay fair enough, so which should they use for future/potential model fixes? Chronologically speaking, the six foot Enterprise-D model was the last one used on screen in Generations: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Galaxy_class_model#Use
Four-footer, the Sixer is graceful but the four has a meaner, stockier, and more television-like appearance that would fit in better with STO imho.
Ensign
# 1653
02-11-2013, 11:56 AM
I'd love the Galaxy model to be redone, I think its terrible that the Enterprise C (Ambassador Class) looks WAY better than the Enterprise D (Galaxy) which served 7 seasons and a movie. I'd even pay for a redo! Where's the love Cryptic!?

That goes for the Sovereign and Intrepid. The Sov is close but not great and the Intrepid just sucks balls. I've tried to get the devs to look at this before but they obviously can't be bothered.
Lieutenant
# 1654
02-15-2013, 03:04 PM
I realize the ship I'm about to mention is not really a high-end ship, but it needs redoing.

Constitution-class Refit... It looks only reminiscent of the Connie-R. But think of it like this. If you fix her up, you can use the nacelles on the Miranda, and then on a possible Constellation-class. There are possibilities. The nacelles outward sides never glow. The interior ones lit up blue only when warp-drive was engaged - now I'd offer a compromise in letting us decide if we want them to glow or not like you gave us with the Oberth.

I realize that the Miranda, Connie, and Constellation class ships will most likely never, ever, be end-game ships... which is fine; but show that era of ships some love plz!

Also... me... want... Ent-A bridge... Excelsior (variation on Ent-A) and Ent-B Bridges as part of a bridge pack!!! Give us the glorious TOS Movie era bridges, they were superior to all others (except for the neat stained hard-wood console for tactical on the Ent-D).
Captain
# 1655
02-15-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm not so sure if this belongs into this thread, so if not please apologize.

I really like the Regent Class Model, but i find it sad that it doesn't really fit with some other Assault Cruiser ship parts. Before the Regent was released, i was quarreling with the availlable assault cruiser ship parts (for years), because i couldn't find a pleasing (for me) ship parts combination. Now that we have some of the really gorgeous looking regent ship parts i find it really sad that they are mostly incompatible with the other availlable assault cruiser ship parts, especially when it comes to the Regents neck, engineering hull and the pylons (which i like the most).

What bothers me is that when using the Regent Hull and other model necks the Back of the Engineering hull looks really bad. But also i understand this would be hard to do.

The worst thing that bothers mme is when using the Regent Hull and the regent Neck, some saucers are just deplaced, like the Majestic saucer for example.

Here Regent Saucer + Regent Neck + Regent Engineering hull:

Majestic Saucer + regent Neck + Regent Engineering Hull:

As you can see, the Saucer is to way too much to the rear. This is just a example, Noble and Sovereign Class Saucers have the same Problem. So the whole ship looks jolted (i hope that's the right word).
I think it wouldn't be very hard to re-place the Majestic, Noble and Sovereign saucers a bit more to the front, when combinded with the Regent Neck.
I'm just a layman but i cannot imagine this could take longer than fifteen minutes.

I really hope that some friendly Dev takes a couple of minutes to fix this little problem, i would really appreciate if this could be done, i think it would help really to make this ship have finally some really nice looking alternatives.

EDIT:
Just as a reference, when using the Majestic or Sovereign Neck, the Regents Engineering hull looks like THIS:
Sovereign Neck:

Majestic Neck:

I hope clearly visible, the Engineering hulls "strouts" are just choped off, which looks really bad. If not, just try it out in game and you will se what i am talking about.

Btw: Noble Class Neck looks just as bad, so devs pretty please fix the saucer position, when using the Regents neck.
Otherwise there is almost no good looking combination where the Regent Hull could be used with other Assault Cruiser variants, which is a shame IMHO.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

Last edited by yreodred; 02-15-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 1656
02-19-2013, 07:56 AM
i guess this belongs here too....

picture is self explaining

*click to enlarge*

plz fix asap
kthxbye
Captain
# 1657
02-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by croesusx View Post
I'd love the Galaxy model to be redone, I think its terrible that the Enterprise C (Ambassador Class) looks WAY better than the Enterprise D (Galaxy) which served 7 seasons and a movie. I'd even pay for a redo! Where's the love Cryptic!?

That goes for the Sovereign and Intrepid. The Sov is close but not great and the Intrepid just sucks balls. I've tried to get the devs to look at this before but they obviously can't be bothered.
I totally agree. I would pay again for a fix of this ship's model.

And as for the Sovereign, check out my other thread in this forum, called "STO'S Terrible Ship Models". It features a brief assortment of most visible ship problems from the Sovvie, Galaxy, and Galaxy-X.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 1658
02-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunkl View Post
Four-footer, the Sixer is graceful but the four has a meaner, stockier, and more television-like appearance that would fit in better with STO imho.
I always found that the 4-footer model to be extremely ugly. (sorry)
It's pockmarked surface doesn't suit to the Galaxys gorgeous lines at all.

But as long as we could keep the six-footer or the remasterd version, i am all for it!

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

Republic Veteran
# 1659
03-01-2013, 09:57 AM
I wasn't sure if I needed a ss since it wasn't a big error but rather just something perhaps forgotten, but from what I can tell the Rademaker saucer only displays a registry number and no name.
Lt. Commander
The Kar'Fi battle carrier's Fer'Jai frigates and S'Kul fighters are leaving blue ion trails beneath the fire trails. Shouldn't those be red?

I will not surrender!