Captain
# 231
01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
I think the Ambassador as an Enterprise was a Scientific cruiser in a war time setting. since we don't know to much of what happaend after the B was launched the entire timeframe of the C is only speculation and a few facts. Like fact the Romulans were being *******s to the Klingons after Khitomer Accords were signed. thus. this is my idea for the Ambassador in STO.

Heritage Heavy Cruiser
It should have the Basic Enterprise-C skin as well as the Yamaguchi Design.
900 Crew
4 Fore Weapons
4 Aft Weapons
Bridge Officer Layout.
Commander Engineer
Lieutenant Commander Science
Lieutenant Engineer
Lieutenant Tactical
Ensign Tactical.
4 Engineering Console Slots
3 Science Console Slots
2 Tactical Console Slots
I expect it's special console to be something like a big blue tachyon beam that can rip shields for 12 seconds.

When this comes out I expect the Alternate TNG uniform's from the episode "Yesterday's Enterprise" to come out in the Z-Store.

I think secretly Captain Gecko agree's with me.
Well, pretty darned close. Nailed the Boff slots, but sci and tac consoles are the other way around.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Commander
# 232
01-30-2013, 12:39 PM
They should of given it a Turn rate close to that of the Defiant with Photon Torpedo Bonuses.
Just to make it a unique ship that can go with the ships canon.
I mean Romulan ships were smaller than the Enterprise - C at the time so should of had higher turn rate, but they didnt, the Enterprise did so clearly its a Light Cruiser with Evasives and Phaser arcs in design sight.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Rihannsu
# 233
01-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post
Well, pretty darned close. Nailed the Boff slots, but sci and tac consoles are the other way around.
I am extremely happy right now.
Captain
# 234
01-30-2013, 06:57 PM
My big confusion on the announces spec's is why does the ship only have two science consoles for a ship that has a Lt. Cmdr. Boff?

Also, why is it that Cryptic doesn't see fit to publish the inertial values with any of the ship specs? Is it 30-35-40? That makes a big difference on telling how the ship will really turn.
Captain
# 235
01-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
My big confusion on the announces spec's is why does the ship only have two science consoles for a ship that has a Lt. Cmdr. Boff?

Also, why is it that Cryptic doesn't see fit to publish the inertial values with any of the ship specs? Is it 30-35-40? That makes a big difference on telling how the ship will really turn.
Maybe because a lot of people are unhappy with the low DPS of most beam boats right now. Personally, I think it strikes a pretty good balance; you can have a decent fire power, but have to make do with low level abilities, and have a high level sci power, but can't spec into it too hard.

Nice jack-of-all-trades boat. I like it.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Starfleet Veteran
# 236
01-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post

Bet the 3rd science console is reserved for the inevitable C-Store/Fleet version.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Rihannsu
# 237
01-31-2013, 07:05 AM
We shall see. I'm very happy I get my ship in 3 hours. I'm probably going to play some Offensive Combat till then.v
Captain
# 238
01-31-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
Bet the 3rd science console is reserved for the inevitable C-Store/Fleet version.
Yep, that lil' bit of gimp that can be resolved by upgrading...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Stargazer-class Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser
Captain
# 239
01-31-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
Depending on the stats/setup for the ship, I may make that purchase. Sadly, the ship screams beam boat and with the current status of beam weapons.....
Captain
# 240
01-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Im happy. I now have a Nidokingu for my Nidokuin. Though naturally, it should have been given to a galaxy class.