01-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Oh look more pointless stuff no one actually wants

gg Cryptic.
Captain
# 12
01-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Now if you lower that 200,000 Dilithum Price Tag for us small fleets.
I gave up on fleets.

As someone who can only afford being a single player, I decided that joining fleets was too expensive. You can still enjoy this game as a single player. Cryptic's reputation system gives you a sense of purpose and accomplishment.

Since I do not have the time to grind endless resources, I thought it was wise to play this game solo. I joined a great chat channel, which allows me to participate with a level appropriate stf team. I have been having an extraordinary fun time. No fleet politics, requirements, etc... My friends list is growing like mad. I am also learning a lot.

Not everyone is meant to join fleets.

I do not think I will ever go back to fleets.

I am having too much fun.

If you find yourself getting too stressed over fleet politics and resource grinding, I suggest that you: (1) reduce your fleet participation level, (2) play with others outside of the fleet, (3) lower your weekly fleet contribution goals, and (4) schedule some time offline.

I cannot stress the importance of solo playing, for it allows you to escape the everyday nuances of fleet expectations. Its okay to focus on your personal goals.

On a project related note, I do like the design of these game elements. Cryptic did a good job on the chairs, lamps, and rugs. "Added Elegance" has some new design elements, which do add something to the social aspects of the bases. Its a step back to quality. Nice job guys.

Last edited by linyive; 01-30-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Captain
# 13
01-30-2013, 05:15 PM
You do not "have to" contribute constantly all the time to your fleet. Unless the fleet you joined is hot garbage.

Just saying.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 14
01-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
I gave up on fleets.

As someone who can only afford being a single player, I decided that joining fleets was too expensive. You can still enjoy this game as a single player. Cryptic's reputation system gives you a sense of purpose and accomplishment.

Since I do not have the time to grind endless resources, I thought it was wise to play this game solo. I joined a great chat channel, which allows me to participate with a level appropriate stf team. I have been having an extraordinary fun time. No fleet politics, requirements, etc... My friends list is growing like mad. I am also learning a lot.

Not everyone is meant to join fleets.

I do not think I will ever go back to fleets.

I am having too much fun.

If you find yourself getting too stressed over fleet politics and resource grinding, I suggest that you: (1) reduce your fleet participation level, (2) play with others outside of the fleet, (3) lower your weekly fleet contribution goals, and (4) schedule some time offline.

I cannot stress the importance of solo playing, for it allows you to escape the everyday nuances of fleet expectations. Its okay to focus on your personal goals.

On a project related note, I do like the design of these game elements. Cryptic did a good job on the chairs, lamps, and rugs. "Added Elegance" has some new design elements, which do add something to the social aspects of the bases. Its a step back to quality. Nice job guys.
Not every fleet requires its' members to contribute weekly, they just expect fair exchange, give what you take.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Career Officer
# 15
01-30-2013, 11:31 PM
First I think the dilithium costs has to be lowered or the amount of dilithium rewarded in game increased (with that an increased cap of refinement).

Second I think that the resources used to make these could be used to give all the ships and shuttles that are in the game, that have had their interior shown on screen, their own custom interiors/bridges.
Captain
# 16
01-31-2013, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
The KDF should have gotten a "Bloodwine Bath" to go with their "Bloodwine Fountain" on the KDF Starbase.

A $%^$#@ second Fish tank for the $#@!^ Feds? You've got to be $#@!^ kidding me. Are ANY Fleets actually running these projects?
Not sure if my fleet are still running the starbase or embassy since Season 7 we havent seen the point
Captain
# 17
01-31-2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollaf View Post
Not every fleet requires its' members to contribute weekly, they just expect fair exchange, give what you take.
Did you know that one of the top tier five fleets is run like a sweat shop? If you do not contribute at a steady rate, they will boot you from the fleet. Or, they will demote you. I have been apart of three fleets that have acted in such a manner. If my past three experiences mean anything, I am willing to bet that the majority are obsessed with fleet base construction.

I will never go back to fleets.
Lieutenant
# 18
01-31-2013, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattachine View Post
First I think the dilithium costs has to be lowered or the amount of dilithium rewarded in game increased (with that an increased cap of refinement).

Second I think that the resources used to make these could be used to give all the ships and shuttles that are in the game, that have had their interior shown on screen, their own custom interiors/bridges.

agree 100%
especially on the refining cap, there are so many things that need so much DL its hard to keep up with, not just the personal need but also for us smaller fleets
gear takes DL, doffs take DL, STF gear takes DL, fleets need it, etc
many things have been updated as the game has gone on, the daily cap needs to be one, right now its a severe bottleneck

one other thing i would suggest, in addition to a raise in the daily cap
maybe make the daily cap raise smaller, but allow fleets to use unrefined DL for tasks to help offset it
could be some tasks take a mix of refined and unrefined, some tasks could be unrefined completely
"Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
-General Chang
Rihannsu
# 19
01-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
..........................How exactly...... does a fish stroll?
Behold! Strange (not-really-)new life:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or9NUEroVcE

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 20
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Did you know that one of the top tier five fleets is run like a sweat shop? If you do not contribute at a steady rate, they will boot you from the fleet. Or, they will demote you. I have been apart of three fleets that have acted in such a manner. If my past three experiences mean anything, I am willing to bet that the majority are obsessed with fleet base construction.

I will never go back to fleets.
In my fleet you can only get booted if you do something like selling provisions for personal gain or otherwise cheating someone, or are offline for 3 months. In the changeover we are about to implement the requirement for buying provisions will be 100,000 credits worth of contributions during your time in the fleet. We don't progress all that fast (working on T4 shipyard now, halfway to T4 science and engineering, and have T2 on all the embassy stuff) but we have a relaxed, fun atmosphere.

It doesn't have to be the way you describe, it's just that some fleets really do take it too seriously, and turn game time into a second job. I don't have time for that, I'm a college student, but in my fleet I'm helpful and knowledgeable enough that I've been promoted to very high rank.