Ensign
# 501
01-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the eng is only really going to be effective as a heal boat, they arent any good at dealing damage. ships like the galor with the LTC tac are a bad place to start for a healer. ships with a LTC tac are ships for tac captains imo. make sure to grab the free tier 5 ambasidor, that would make a great healer ship.

the 1 thing this thread lacks is good healer boat builds, i really need to make some for such a basic concept. i would recommend a baseline like this for an end game healer though

mav's star cruiser/mirror assault cruiser
So at the most basic level I'm looking for something with 2 engineering stations (including a LtC one), correct?

For the other 3 stations, what's a better spread: 2 tac/1 sci or 2 sci/1 tac?

Also, what exactly is an Ambassador? Can't find much reference on it anywhere.
Captain
# 502
01-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblades2 View Post
So at the most basic level I'm looking for something with 2 engineering stations (including a LtC one), correct?

For the other 3 stations, what's a better spread: 2 tac/1 sci or 2 sci/1 tac?

Also, what exactly is an Ambassador? Can't find much reference on it anywhere.
Yeah, I had to do some digging to find it myself.
Career Officer
# 503
01-31-2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Two questions I have about it, though...

DOFF'd? Can you trigger multiple shockwaves from the multiple shockwaves?

Does the 2pc KHG affect the damage? It's a torpedo...
i don't know about KHG, I'm on fed side with that build.

Well, each projectile that comes out of a single torpedo, using the Nadeon Detonator, creates it's own shock-wave - if that's what you mean...
Career Officer
# 504
01-31-2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
ambassador class

this has a surprisingly good station setup, the opposite of the galor's basically. its not supper optimized to take the healer crown, and its not a fleet or lockbox level ship, but its free, and definitely above average for a fed cruiser. those that want reasonably strong, for a fed cruiser, dps can get it from the 3 tac consoles, and theres the nice for healing COM, LT eng and LTC sci

healer, sci or eng captain

fore- 4 beams,
aft- 2 beams, 1 chrono mine, 1 tach mine
chroniton mine. Check. So the other is tachyon mine from the lobi store???
Rihannsu
# 505
01-31-2013, 01:40 AM
jsut a heads up since i was running tests on tribble anyway the nadeon thingy seems fixed already. It only worked with photons, and it would not shoot out multiples. Photonic Studies Doffs, however, lowered its CD, which seems working as intended? so no reason to go zen shopping fed side.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 506
01-31-2013, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
i don't know about KHG, I'm on fed side with that build.

Well, each projectile that comes out of a single torpedo, using the Nadeon Detonator, creates it's own shock-wave - if that's what you mean...
There's a DOFF that reduces the CD. There's also the DOFF that can proc an aftershock.

@Purple

Photonic Studies Scientist
Reduce the time for Photonic Officer, Photonic Shockwave and Photonic Shockwave Torpedo to recharge after use.
Recharge time improved by 20%

Your Photonic Shockwave has a 40% chance to trigger a Photonic Aftershock on each affected target. These aftershocks do not damage the targets directly, but damage your enemies that are around the affected targets.

Was a case of wondering if that is actually limited to PSW or if it also applied to PSW Torps. I'd think that most likely it only applied to PSW, but given my lack of trust in Cryptic tooltips - I was wondering if anybody had tried and confirmed it worked one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
jsut a heads up since i was running tests on tribble anyway the nadeon thingy seems fixed already. It only worked with photons, and it would not shoot out multiples. Photonic Studies Doffs, however, lowered its CD, which seems working as intended? so no reason to go zen shopping fed side.
If it only works with Photons now...then it's broken. They purposefully changed it to work with all standard torpedoes - they intended that - was in the patch notes and everything:

Dec 21st, 2012 - "Console - Universal - Nadeon Detonator" will now enhance any standard torpedo, instead of only functioning with Photon Torpedoes.

Regardless of the torp, you're going to see the same looking torpedo - but the effects should be somewhat different. If you've got Plasma, you should see an orange PSW Torp fire - that will also apply a Plasma DoT. If you've got Chrons, you should see an orange PSW Torp - that will also apply the slow.

As for the CD reduction working, in the balance thread - it's been brought up that you can potentially reduce it more than you should be able - but I'm not sure that's been confirmed or denied by Cryptic. You basically have the Nadeon and PSW on a toon with PSS DOFFs (CD reduction) - using PSW will reduce the CD on the Nadeon and PSW. So you can use PSW multiple times to bring the recharge for Nadeon down...

As for the spread - were you talking specifically about the PSW Trics? So no more nerdgasm?

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
Career Officer
# 507
01-31-2013, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
There's a DOFF that reduces the CD. There's also the DOFF that can proc an aftershock.

@Purple

Reduce the time for Photonic Officer, Photonic Shockwave and Photonic Shockwave Torpedo to recharge after use.
Recharge time improved by 20%

Your Photonic Shockwave has a 40% chance to trigger a Photonic Aftershock on each affected target. These aftershocks do not damage the targets directly, but damage your enemies that are around the affected targets.

Was a case of wondering if that is actually limited to PSW or if it also applied to PSW Torps. I'd think that most likely it only applied to PSW, but given my lack of trust in Cryptic tooltips - I was wondering if anybody had tried and confirmed it worked one way or the other.
ah no... I have 3 that only reduce the cool-down. My memory could be wrong. But I'm 98% sure.
but now that you mention it, i'll find the aftershock doffs. Should be hilarious.

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 01-31-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Lieutenant
# 508
01-31-2013, 06:59 PM
I have a question about your star cruiser/mirror assault cruiser build. First of all, of those 2 ships which one would you recommend? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=96 Has a cruiser build in it, but it also has 'The Spec'. Which one do you recommend I use? And please tell me why. Thanks

-Wuusta (P.S Do you have a Youtube account? I would love to see some of your game play.)
Captain
# 509
01-31-2013, 07:41 PM
I'd recommend getting the Mirror Assault Cruiser (the star cruiser, but "puke-coloured"), as it favours greater tactical slots which can be used to fit Tactical Team in twice.

My suggested Boff seating, if you're looking for a heavy slant for tanking:

Tactical Seats:

1)Tactical Team I

2)Tactical Team I, Beam FAW II (Interchangeable)

Eng Seats:

3) EP to Shields 1, Reverse Shield Polarity, Aux to Structural

4) EP to Shields 1 (interchange with EP to Weapons 1 if you want more firepower), Eng Team, Your Choice (I'd use DEM), Extend Shields

Sci Seats:

2) TSS, Hazard Emitters

I'm not that good with building a good tanking/healing ship, but from what I've learnt from the PVP Boot Camp (Thanks Devoras, Zorena, Killer, and Pheo!), this should be adequate.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Ensign
# 510
02-01-2013, 04:06 AM
Hey DDIS, and hey everyone.

First I want to thank DDIS for coming up with the idea of this thread, really a wealth of info here for those like me who are just getting started with pvp and all.

So I queue for pug pvp quite often lately, and have used some of the sci builds here to good result (both ddis and rudiefix's wells and the rsv builds). But as much as I love flying the wells and the rsv, I seem to always end up thinking about the lrsv instead. Something about the boff layout just seems more attractive.

What would your take on the fleet lrsv or lrsv retro be like for a Sci? I would love to see a build that you would use on it.

Thanks!

Last edited by babyfacez; 02-01-2013 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Adding things.