Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 91
01-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
What about the Chel Grett?
Technicaly it was free, but you could also pay for it through lobi.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
# 92
01-31-2013, 07:56 AM
Think the biggest annoyance is, the 10 consoles are all for the (expensive) lockbox ships, lobi ships, fleet ships, and a very select few store ships, which only the Steamrunner, Vesta, Bortas & Odyssee fall under.

I think the only way to make it "fair" later on for the expensive ships, is take out the "can only use on 1 ship consoles" and make those abilities into to the ship itself.

I honestly dont know why the transformation options for the d'kora, chimera & peg are consoles, or the energy dissipator that can only be used on the breen, or the torpedo turret that is armitage only.
Aren't those supposedly the reason for flying such ships in the first place ??
They are only Universal consoles in the sense they can go in any slot on that ship, not on any ship you own (like the quad cannon for example, or the leech)

Maybee i aint lookin right, but i wasnt able to find a explanation on why those type-locked abilities were converted into consoles to start with, except as a weird way of making those ships less desirable.
Captain
# 93
01-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivedutch View Post
the energy dissipator that can only be used on the breen
Can be used on any Breen ship...there just aren't other Breen ships yet.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Career Officer
# 94
01-31-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Can be used on any Breen ship...there just aren't other Breen ships yet.
Oh, almost as usefull as the thunderchild console is, that can only be used on the armitage, which has a torpedo console that can only be used on itself & its fleet brother, oh look ... another slot gone on the fleet version to a console that can only be used on that exact ship....

Why does a Garumba have the transformation with lance as an ability, and is a D'Kora burdened with a console, like the Chimera and Pegh'qu ....

Ship abilities should not be locked into consoles if they are only usable on a specific ship....
Career Officer
# 95
01-31-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Oh, almost as usefull as the thunderchild console is, that can only be used on the armitage, which has a torpedo console that can only be used on itself & its fleet brother, oh look ... another slot gone on the fleet version to a console that can only be used on that exact ship....

Why does a Garumba have the transformation with lance as an ability, and is a D'Kora burdened with a console, like the Chimera and Pegh'qu ....

Ship abilities should not be locked into consoles if they are only usable on a specific ship....
I think there is a lot of logic here, never thought about it that way before, but it definitely makes sense.
Captain
# 96
01-31-2013, 08:53 AM
If it were an innate ability, it doesn't mean that it would free up the slot. It could have the innate ability and have 9 consoles. By making it a console, it's giving the player the option of using it or something else.

These same discussions were held when they started doing it...
Career Officer
# 97
01-31-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
If it were an innate ability, it doesn't mean that it would free up the slot. It could have the innate ability and have 9 consoles. By making it a console, it's giving the player the option of using it or something else.

These same discussions were held when they started doing it...
Discussions which i couldn't find, only reason the current system makes sense is to dissuade usage of the specific ships, since to get the most of them u need to sacrifice a console slot.

I still remember my D'Kora suddenly getting an extra eng slot when the fleet-system went live, changes can be made, right now some of the consoles are just inventory hoggers coz u fly the ship, but dont use the comparitivly useless console, and dont want to re-buy the ship when u want to give it a try. (which is not possible with stuff like breen console anyway)
Starfleet Veteran
# 98
01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
Oh, forgot I wrote that. Silly me!

At least it has the turn (for a cruiser) to use single cannons and Aux to battery
Aaaaaaaaa...awesome!
I'm sure now you evul Klinguns are scared to death!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Captain
# 99
01-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Discussions which i couldn't find
Wasn't suggesting that you could have found them - they're lost in the Archived Post garbage. Was just saying they had taken place...and the not having the additional console is what I believe they said would have been the option. They felt that players would prefer the option of options rather than the option of no options.

I did a quick look, and it was just players going back and forth in Mar and May on the matter - whether they should be Consoles, Abilities, Devices, whether it was actually balancing them by adding the console slot - which abilities were balanced or not...etc, etc, etc.

Yeah, I hate the Archived Post stuff...meh.
Captain
# 100
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
Aaaaaaaaa...awesome!
I'm sure now you evul Klinguns are scared to death!
I think the Evil Feds bribed Cryptic when it comes to the stats on the Ambassador (vs. Sovereign) and Kamarag (vs. Vor'cha Retrofit)... definitely do. Evil Feds...using their Evil Creds to be Evil Feds.