Ensign
# 151
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
I am also happy with Star Trek Online, Cryptic, and even Perfect World Entertainment.

Sure, they have issues they struggle with. We get disconnected sometimes. I want my Borg Cutting Beam to show up. And I want my t5 ship to not have useless Boff station slots. And there should be a dozen terradome-like missions that give unique rewards, but there's just the one with no cool loot. KDF is OP in PvP but have so much less content than Fed. Yes, there are issues. All the little 'undesirable' aspects affect gameplay in STO.

But the dev team listens, and they fix it all eventually. And overall, this has evolved into one of the best games of all time. Especially related to our beloved Star Trek. And really, they just love to surprise us with the newer content, which is awesome more often than not.

Keep the game fixes and new content flowing, dev team. You're alright in my book.
Empire Veteran
# 152
01-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
The sad part is that in this set-up, "meh" would get the KDF further ignored as without the "numbers" .... they move on.

In reality, the only thing that truly helps the KDF cause are those pointy-eared Romulan-wannabee players as Cryptic can't really launch a third faction until the second faction is "complete."

The real question is what in the eyes of Cryptic is considered "complete" ?

But going back to "meh" ... That's honestly about how I feel about KDF development as I've gotten tired of waiting for them to get around to it.

I love the KDF faction ... but Cryptic's development of it is something else entirely.

DStahl's responses about our faction definitely left me feeling evening more meh as I feel like we are looked at as foolish children who will know no better.

I've gotten to where I skip over his responses to our faction as I don't really care about his responses any more.

When I see true development in game on the KDF front, then I'll perk up and pay attention again.
Well "meh" certainly has more for the Devs to think on than just yelling at them, which has not worked at all for the KDF.

SO start any complaint with "meh" and a less howlering sort of reasons to why one is "meh" on a subject.

Basically I too am just feeling "meh" as well.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 153
01-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Well "meh" certainly has more for the Devs to think on than just yelling at them, which has not worked at all for the KDF.

SO start any complaint with "meh" and a less howlering sort of reasons to why one is "meh" on a subject.

Basically I too am just feeling "meh" as well.
Never stop, never stop fighting till the fight is done. ~Elliot Ness

He may have just been a human but there is wisdom in those words.
All cloaks should be canon.
Career Officer
# 154
01-31-2013, 06:01 AM
Guys, I hate to break it to you but this launcher issue has been ongoing since May 2012, it has something to do with Ip blocking. You might need to try a hotspot shield to get the launcher up then patch and login. After that once you are in it can be disabled. As forthe anniversary event avent missed one yet I guess it will end my 2 month hiatus from the game.
Lieutenant
# 155
01-31-2013, 06:29 AM
Whine, whine whine....

You people who complain...
Complaints about content, ships, free, ships, C-store prices and at the devs.
FREE!
Do you people (directed to those that whine and complain) that play this get alot of stuff that is worth alot, for free in your life?

This is a free game.
As such you choose to play the content that the devs make_available_for_you.
The problem here, no one is sitting and doing this game for free for You.
Everyone need to gets paid.

And as such, they also need content that are priced.
You choose if you want to buy that "stuff".
IF You choose to do so, keep in mind that you then are actively contributing to the game.
That will help the devs to create more "stuff" to the STO Universe.

You are ungrateful.
And you do not show any apreciation at all for this game.
Do you play it so you can behave like this?
Or do you play it because it is fun and that you like Star Trek?
If it is the latter, show some apreciation for what you are getting, for free.
If it is the first mentioned, perhaps you really need to re-think why you are here...

This game is not 'perfect', most of us who have played it for a while know this.
But tell me, because i certinly dont know any perfect MMO out t here, do you?
There are MMO's out there that perhaps get patched 1 time p month, or less, and get updated content once every 6 months, or more.
Every MMO has problems, MMO's are huge to keep in order and make to work.

So actualy, keeping in mind that this game is free, i think the devs are doing a more than great job!
Commander
# 156
01-31-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thowas View Post
Whine, whine whine....

You people who complain...
Stopped right there as the irony was too much.

New to the forums I see.

All that lovely whining from you has just gone to waste...

If you're happy with the game, why not just play it and leave the forums alone if all the "whining" bothers you so much?

Your post is just as useful as any other "whine" thread
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".

Last edited by solomace; 01-31-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Captain
# 157
01-31-2013, 10:15 AM
State of the game. That's simple. IN TROUBLE. S7 is a disaster, while some of the new items are nice the rep systems is crap, the need for dilithium is up and thus as a good friend predicted zen price is down in exchange, THoilian Red Alert is buggy, Besides from the mirror ships (Note Mirror Carrier is awesome) KDF ignored, No Romulan playable side. Borg Crit is ridiculous. KDF doesn't get Zen discount for fleet ships if you have zen version of ship, AND you lost sunscribers due to S7 so defiantly not good. My suggestions are as follows.

1: Fix actual bugs in game rather than mess with what's currently working.

2: Get rid of Fed character requirement on KDF you will see more KDF players that way.

3: Make a playable Romulan side, you have the perfect enviroment for arich campaing for the Rommies. Heck you can add the choice on which Rommie faction to support, Tal Shiar or theNRommi Republic. And devs just think about it. Zen Scimitar, how many would want such a ship. And remeber the alpha quadrant is a trinity Fed, KDF, and Rommie. You need all 3 playable to really succeed. A friend of mine you love to fly the Romulan D'Deridex.
Lieutenant
# 158
01-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
Stopped right there as the irony was too much.

New to the forums I see.

All that lovely whining from you has just gone to waste...

If you're happy with the game, why not just play it and leave the forums alone if all the "whining" bothers you so much?

Your post is just as useful as any other "whine" thread
Actualy stating facts 'once' is not whining.
Stating something multiple times about same thing IS whining.

Does that work, really?
"Oh he is noob, he doesn't know anything, we dont listen to them"

I'm not sure what is more laughable, the whining or that kind of attitude.

New or not, what i said is based on facts.
Commander
# 159
01-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thowas View Post
Actualy stating facts 'once' is not whining.
Stating something multiple times about same thing IS whining.

Does that work, really?
"Oh he is noob, he doesn't know anything, we dont listen to them"

I'm not sure what is more laughable, the whining or that kind of attitude.

New or not, what i said is based on facts.
Lol, I love how when a "defender" of the game whines, it's not whining, but when someone is not happy and posts about it, it is.

Granted some posts go other the top (done a few myself), however to say that people who don't like various aspects of the game and post why are whiners, well it joins the list of things the defenders always bring out in their posts.

1. It's free, so don't have any right to diss the game.
2. It's a small team.
3. You don't have to pay a penny to play.
4. At least the Devs talk to us.
5. All games have grind.
6. I'm sick of people whining.

What's worse about your particular "whine" is that it was ranty too.

Check out the various definitions of whine. The one I like best is - To complain or protest in a childish fashion, but their are various ones and I think most people who post whine in some shape or fashion or have done.

I'm not sure what is more laughable, you rushing onto the forums to defend Cryptic or that you cannot see that your original post was a whine... See what I did there m8...
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Ensign
# 160
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
State of the game? Broken. Thank you for your time