Career Officer
# 1 New Romulus
01-19-2013, 12:58 PM
I really like the idea of having something new to explore and get back to that Star Trek theme of being "explorers" again. Finding the accolades, seeing new storylines and plots...getting to mess with Madrid again this has been really fun. The boss fight with the Tholians was great, being a sword user, those aliens didnt stand a chance again this swashbuckling little hero =^.^=

But in light of this, I brought back my RP toon, James T. Cat and sent him in there to search as well. You can find a record of his progress on my website. After his assignment on New Romulus, I will be going over past Series and logging them for everyones entertainment.

http://catstarsto.com <-- Click here and look for "Caitians Log - New Romulus" :3

This is a new and growing site, I will be updateing it everyweek.
Career Officer
# 2
01-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Im not sure how many have noticed this yet, but look for an npc in the staging area that gives DoFF assignments to gain the history of romulus accoaldes/chips to earn. This is just like in Star Fleet Academy and the Klingon Academy ones. You can earn one per day, but this one I through a DoFF mission.
Captain
# 3
01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
I love how New Romulus has something for everyone - we can explore the planet, battle challenging enemies, follow the storyline, etc.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Commander
# 4
01-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Romulan marks need to be a standard drop loot or the missions need to reward more of them. I love the look of new Romulus, but the constant wash and repeat missions to get 5 or 10 marks on all my toons has gotten me close to swearing off the Romulan gear.
Captain
# 5
01-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo1 View Post
Romulan marks need to be a standard drop loot or the missions need to reward more of them. I love the look of new Romulus, but the constant wash and repeat missions to get 5 or 10 marks on all my toons has gotten me close to swearing off the Romulan gear.
Accept the Tau Dewa Daily and just do Acamar patrol 7 times. That's a good 60 marks in twenty minutes.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Captain
# 6
01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Epohh tagging is by far the best way for earning RMs.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 7
02-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Anyone know if we are going to be having missions to the lower Reman levels. My curiosity for that blue glowing lower level gets me everytime I beam down to New Romulus. :3
Current state of STO "video link"

How Picard dealt with ARC! ...STO

Last edited by catstarsto; 02-05-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
02-13-2013, 04:01 AM
Check out Caitians Log, on my website so see how "James T Cat" braved the missions of New Romulus :3
Current state of STO "video link"

How Picard dealt with ARC! ...STO
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2013, 08:52 AM
New Romulus is interesting because it's actually the first STO map (that I can think of) done in a typical MMO vein -- tromp around, look at crazy rock formations, shoot the wildlife. 'Wilderness' type maps in STO have been largely forgettable barren areas, this is a nice change of pace.
Captain
# 10
02-13-2013, 03:31 PM
It was very nice area. Did the first run of missions. And now I'm done, since I don't like doing repeatable missions. Specially ones that don't award rep. Cause I did all those and my meter moved not once. So now I'm off to do something else on the game and leave the place. I already trashed my marks since they won't do a thing to a vendor. If you don't have the rep for it.