Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 11
01-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
Fleet projects are also affected.
read the thread before you post....

Its just server lag with everyone logging in at the same time.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 657
# 12
01-31-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
read the thread before you post....

Its just server lag with everyone logging in at the same time.
I did read the thread. In fact, I previously posted in it, prior to BranFlakes. Maybe you need a little reading comprehension.

I was lamenting over the fact that I can neither work on my personal reputation, nor work on my fleet projects while this server is under incredible strain. It was a subtle hint to Cryptic that maybe they should beef up the reputation-tracking server(s).
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 13
01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
I did read the thread. In fact, I previously posted in it, prior to BranFlakes. Maybe you need a little reading comprehension.

I was lamenting over the fact that I can neither work on my personal reputation, nor work on my fleet projects while this server is under incredible strain. It was a subtle hint to Cryptic that maybe they should beef up the reputation-tracking server(s).
My reading comprehension is just fine, thanks. Maybe you should learn to appreciate history - as in this happens every time a new featured episode comes along. Probably even more so this time with it featuring a voiced TNG character.

The guy (bran) explained what the problem was and that it would resolve itself in a bit. You just come across as whiney and petulant by continuing to complain after your problem was replied to.

But hey, whatever. Apparently, acting like a grown-up is hard.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,256
I'm Tier 4 in Romulan Reputation, and Tier 3 in Omega Reputation. I try collecting the rewards for the projects I was doing. And boom: Tier 0 for both reputations. Cryptic/PWE, PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,256
# 15
01-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Wow. Nevermind. It got fixed.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,158
# 16
01-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Laaaaaaa
aaaaag.
__________________________________
STO Forum member since before February 2010.
STO Academy's excellent skill planner here: Link
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim. -- markhawman
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 657
# 17
01-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
My reading comprehension is just fine, thanks. Maybe you should learn to appreciate history - as in this happens every time a new featured episode comes along. Probably even more so this time with it featuring a voiced TNG character.

The guy (bran) explained what the problem was and that it would resolve itself in a bit. You just come across as whiney and petulant by continuing to complain after your problem was replied to.

But hey, whatever. Apparently, acting like a grown-up is hard.
Apparently it isn't, since you still didn't COMPREHEND what you READ.

Reputation and/or project lag isn't "old hat", this is the FIRST TIME this has come up after a major patch. Personal reputation didn't exist prior to that, and starbase projects were stable in previous patches because there was MUCH LESS DATA to send to every player logging in. They're using the same systems, and therefore the same server(s), to handle all this "project" data, so the much increased load thanks to personal projects is to blame.

Also, how does pointing out an additional, previously unmentioned flaw come across as whining? No one was aware of it, so I was the first to mention it. It was a "hey, there's other problems too" notification, not an immediate demand for action. Or was it the use of the --> <-- smilie that makes you think it was whining?

And yes, acting like a "grown-up" is hard, since it's not the same thing as acting like an adult.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 18
01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
Apparently it isn't, since you still didn't COMPREHEND what you READ.

Reputation and/or project lag isn't "old hat", this is the FIRST TIME this has come up after a major patch. Personal reputation didn't exist prior to that, and starbase projects were stable in previous patches because there was MUCH LESS DATA to send to every player logging in. They're using the same systems, and therefore the same server(s), to handle all this "project" data, so the much increased load thanks to personal projects is to blame.

Also, how does pointing out an additional, previously unmentioned flaw come across as whining? No one was aware of it, so I was the first to mention it. It was a "hey, there's other problems too" notification, not an immediate demand for action. Or was it the use of the --> <-- smilie that makes you think it was whining?

And yes, acting like a "grown-up" is hard, since it's not the same thing as acting like an adult.
In fairness, I shouldn't have said you were whining - but you have to admit - whining is an STO forum past time.

And I'm pretty sure it isn't the amount of project data in itself that is the problem - its the extremely high number of players all simultaneously asking for the data that is the problem. Before the fleet projects or reputation tiers, we had this exact same lag and server timeout on map transfers every FE series release.

I'm more surprised that anyone expected this occasion to be somehow different than its been for the last three years.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 237
# 19
01-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Pretty awesome lag at times, I'm pretty sure this is why I was able to run T0 projects at T4 once in a while.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,256
# 20
01-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Oh, the stupid glitch is here again. PWE/Cryptic, PLEASE help.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 PM.