Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Fleets have 2 problems Fleet credits and Dilithium. My Fleet is small and yes were all real friends having fun. But im not complaining about anything that has to deal with the amount of materials needed to build your starbase or embassy. But the amount of dilithium needed for these projects greatly favors a large fleet. At the same time Smaller fleet members are over flowing with fleet credits. And as ive seen in other threads the dilithium sink only gets worse as the tiers go up.

I have a set of solutions that will fix both problems.

1. Remove dilithium requirements from "standard building projects" and limit it to "special projects." Like adding a fountain to your embassy, or opening the blast doors on the starbase, ect.

2. A percentage of dilithium spent on Fleet store items should go into the fleet bank and can only be diverted to "special projects by the fleet leaders. Members should still be able to contribute to these projects for fleet credit. Have the consumables cost Fleets credit and dilithium but keep it reasonable. (This dilithium cannot be withdrawn just diverted.)

3. Duty officer assignments on a Fleet Starbase should pay in fleet credit not dilithium. upon a successful completion. This will keep the flow of fleet credit once the fleet is maxed out.

These three things are quite simple and would help balance things out a bit. You will still have to grind but not nearly as much and you will be able to have a great fleet without worrying about size. The progression should be close to the same just the big fleet will be decorated much faster.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 518
# 2
01-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Small fleets, are quite simply not supposed to progress as quickly as larger fleets are. This is the system that Cryptic has set up and how they seem to want it to work. They are going to do nothing to change that, unless they change their basic design principle first.

And quite frankly I tend to agree with them at least a bit.

I don't think a 5 or 10 person fleet should progress as quickly as a 25 to 30 person fleet should. I'm not saying that a 10 person fleet shouldn't be able to progress, but it should take them some time to do so.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,870
# 3
01-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Its fine as it is. The point in making Fleets is to not only have your friends in it but to make new friends too and expand. This lets you pool resources from more people and share the results with more people too. This is an MMO, meant to involve lots of players, not just small groups that want to hog their starbases to themselves. If you want to do that you may, but also must be penalized with slow starbase progression.

Fleets that are generous and expand a lot to share their base with more players deserve to progress much much faster.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
# 4
01-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
Small fleets, are quite simply not supposed to progress as quickly as larger fleets are. This is the system that Cryptic has set up and how they seem to want it to work. They are going to do nothing to change that, unless they change their basic design principle first.

And quite frankly I tend to agree with them at least a bit.

I don't think a 5 or 10 person fleet should progress as quickly as a 25 to 30 person fleet should. I'm not saying that a 10 person fleet shouldn't be able to progress, but it should take them some time to do so.
The progression would still be slower you still have to take into account the fleet marks needed for progression. That could be increased a bit to slow progression. If progression vs size is a problem they can reduce the time to complete projects for larger fleets. This would encourage Fleets to grow larger.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 605
# 5
01-31-2013, 12:41 PM
The mass dilithium costs is what is crushing small fleets now, but cryptic wont fix that, they are too busy selling zen off of the gouge fest. That is why I quit contributing/recruit/etc to my own fleet that I run.

Made it to tier 3 before the great dilithium nerf, would be tier 4 + by now.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
# 6
01-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Its fine as it is. The point in making Fleets is to not only have your friends in it but to make new friends too and expand. This lets you pool resources from more people and share the results with more people too. This is an MMO, meant to involve lots of players, not just small groups that want to hog their starbases to themselves. If you want to do that you may, but also must be penalized with slow starbase progression.

Fleets that are generous and expand a lot to share their base with more players deserve to progress much much faster.
Yea we've been recruiting trying to grow. But everyone wants all the work done for them. Ive recruited 10 people in the last week and when they realized they had to contribute dilithium they all but 1 left. None realized we have tier 1 ships avalable for them weapons and duty officers. We'll have tier II shipyard in a day or so.
My post is just a suggestion and the devs wont give a rats "Blank" about it anyway. Every suggestion can be improved upon. Given enough people add to it.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 518
# 7
01-31-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsoul109 View Post
Every suggestion can be improved upon. Given enough people add to it.
Towards that end I do think the idea of having a % of the dilithium spent on stuff at the fleet store being diverted to projects would be a great thing. It would help everyone out, big or small.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,870
# 8
01-31-2013, 01:06 PM
You not only need to recruit, but help make it easier to earn dil for them. Doing regular fleet elite STF runs, private pvp matches, officer reports and fleet actions together is great for fleets to interact together and all make dil at same time.

I guess it may still be hard getting players that are willing to contribute, as many of the ones that can afford to are already in fleets with high tier starbase, and new players probably cant cap their dil each day.

I think rather then remove dil requirements they need to add more ways to earn dil while doing other stuff like adding small amounts like 480 dil to Romulan and Fleet Mark events.
Or have dil bonus event where you can earn a more during the event. This might encourage some to be less stingy.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,870
# 9
01-31-2013, 01:30 PM
You not only need to recruit, but help make it easier to earn dil for them. Doing regular fleet elite STF runs, private pvp matches, officer reports and fleet actions together is great for fleets to interact together and all make dil at same time.

I guess it may still be hard getting players that are willing to contribute, as many of the ones that can afford to are already in fleets with high tier starbase, and new players probably cant cap their dil each day.

I think rather then remove dil requirements they need to add more ways to earn dil while doing other stuff like adding small amounts like 480 dil to Romulan and Fleet Mark events.
Or have dil bonus event where you can earn a more during the event. This might encourage some to be less stingy.
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
# 10
02-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
The mass dilithium costs is what is crushing small fleets now
This is true, I love my fleet, and I really don't want to go and join one of the larger ones just to have a nice Tier 5 Star base. but I don't want to spend weeks mining dilithium, only to spend all of it on fleet projects that have next to no return, for small fleets it'd be nice if we can have a lower amount of dilithium to complete a project, and have that dilithium put into a "bank" for later use.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:13 PM.