The 2 processes I stopped were

*NetICtrlTray.exe
*NetSvcTray.exe

then i moved fine and travelled to other systems without a problem
That did the trick, thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-17-2013, 08:07 PM
I have been having the very same trouble mentioned in 5this thread since Monday of this week. I'm hoping that STO and Cryptic get on the ball here.
Ensign
# 43 Same Issue
01-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Running an Alienware m14x r2.
My game is also non-functional. I've attempted to remove the intel software and manually install the drivers, but to no effect.

Edit: Well nevermind, after messing with everything and getting 0 results; I disabled my Ethernet nic and went wireless. The game came up perfectly then.

PS: The ethernet nic was Atheros AR8151.
Lieutenant
# 44
01-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Hello everyone!

Clearly this is an issue that's related to a 3rd party software. It will be up to you to hunt down and disable or uninstall said 3rd party software that's interfering with your communication with the game server.

Please understand that before you go all: Hey, it works fine with such and such game, not all games are created equal. In a nutshell; just because something else works doesn't mean this will. I know that sucks, I feel ya, I really do and I'm trying to help you get past this.

In short, you'll need to find that software or process and kill it in order to play.

Been playing since launch.
Ensign
# 45
01-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venommous View Post
The 2 processes I stopped were

*NetICtrlTray.exe
*NetSvcTray.exe

then i moved fine and travelled to other systems without a problem
tryed for weeks to find a fix for this problem. Found this post an followed these steps after I disabled the Inetwork control. STO runs like a champ. thanks
Ensign
# 46 Just a reply
01-31-2013, 12:43 PM
To all that got it working, your welcome but for the others, keep trying different methods and hope you get it working
Ensign
# 47
02-08-2013, 10:46 AM
i just bought a sabertooth z77 with the intel i7 3770k so i read the comment about it not likeing intel network mangeing so all you have to do is go to the ai suite go click tool then network i control then turn it off and it works perfectly so enjoy and cryptic /pw FIX YOUR CODE
from what i know this fix will only work if you have ai suite or network icontrol
Ensign
# 48
03-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Now it's really starting to get on my nerves

It started a couple days back. Traveling in sector space works just fine when I'm running STO on low graphics quality on my Mac.

But on my windows (where I usually play, and prefer to play) laptop, I'm just a Breen cruiser sitting dead in space.

I have a Dell Studio XPS with 64-bit Windows 7,
Intel i7 CPU (1.6 GHz)

This is extremely frustrating, not to mention all the loading screen/timeout/other bugs that have been completely destroying my STO experience this past month...
Lieutenant
# 49
03-20-2013, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
The issues still persist. Able to log in fine, sector space loads quick...until about 57%..then it creeps by for a few minutes and when it finally loads, I'm unable to move in sector space, missing UI elements (ie: stuff's missing from my power bar, doff text isn't displaying, transwarp doesn't work, etc). I've tried everything I know to try...has anyone else had this issue and/or know of another fix I could try?
every time you load a map, game is autopatching some files, you can speed load times by disabling on demand patching in launcher.

first time you launch game it might start download large amount of data, and when patching to new version downloads will be slightly larger, but game no longer download files while zoning, and load should be no longer then 10-15 sec.

as for rest, if you didnt, you can try run game as Administrator.

EDIt: also try disable your antivirus software
Ensign
# 50
04-23-2013, 03:16 AM
Having the same issue and my system is:
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro with Media Center 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130306-1502)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
System Model: 132-CK-NF78
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 5795MB used, 10586MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode
Closed Thread