Login

Closed Thread

Empire Veteran
# 21
01-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
And the reward is the same.

Now that I think about it, I don't know why anyone would do Ground Elite STF's.
They award more marks and in a team that knows what they are doing, they can be pretty quick.

Also, some people such as myself, enjoy them more than space where it's "Me Captain like Captain Kirk, me smash spacebar and blow up puny spaceships."
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 22
01-26-2013, 12:11 AM
I had the same experience a couple days ago in cure ground normal. They all ignored my advice. I had the feeling that they may not have their chat boxes up.

I have to agree that many Klingons were excellent stf ground warriors. I got the last optional KGE with one Klingon veteran. I could tell that he must have run the same mission 100 times already and he was half bored. To me, it was a bliss because it took only two of us to blow up one node. In Space, both sides were excellent; I got all space optionals before I finished the ground optionals.
-- Vice Admiral's log, stardate 57134.2
... I began to panic and asked my human companion of the meaning of toon. He replied that it was something that was not real. I protested to him that I was walking and running and killing. What did he mean that I was not real? He replied that everyone knew the universe was a computer simulation. Occasionally, he had to accompany another toon too.

Last edited by tostrek2012; 01-26-2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: correction
Republic Veteran
# 23
01-26-2013, 07:03 AM
Mechanics

The only way to run the ground STFS is with a team, your fleet buddies, and with voice chat.

We have often have two teams running and both using the fleet Teamspeak server.

But the feedback I get in threads like is is most people's want their cake and to eat it also.

Well if you don't want to be in a bigger fleet or to use Teamspeak you will eat many painful pugs.

Our fleet members who have all the optionals and have the elite costume unlocks use teamspeak.

Not using voice chat and a big fleet is the same as going into the STFs with MK 1 gear.

PM me if you want to join In with my fleets PRO STF team and no you don't need to join our fleet.

Like you we are just having fun and we are always looking for elite ground players.
Captain
# 24
01-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Not long ago went into a Infected Manus elite mission and 3 players did not have a gear set to fight the Borg. One of them went in early to get to the Borg that assimilate crewman I was able to save the crewman then I said don't advance early again and again he did it again and the optional failed and I left the match. The next elite mission I played The Cure Applied 2 people did not have a gear set to fight the Borg. Failed optional got to Borg boss everyone died. Tried again failed again then one person quit. Then noticed one person had a ton of injuries on his character.

Why do people have to be so stupid? If your gonna play elite have a gear set to fight the Borg and don't keep your character full of injuries. So many idiots that don't know how to play and don't listen when someone tells them something.

I really wish they would keep people out of Elite ground missions if they don't have a Maco,Adapted Maco or Omega set equipped on their character.
Captain
# 25
01-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deianirrah View Post
My problem with "fail-PUGs" is not really an inept or inexperienced player or two - or more. It is players who either chose to ignore Team Chat - or who deactivated it. While I may not know the best ways to complete Elite ground STFs, I do know a few that work. Seeing the group fail utterly despite the best efforts is one thing. Seeing it fail because a few select players prefer to actively botch any attempt is another.

Reminds me of the Leeroy Jenkins school of tactics - and ground STFs in STO do require much less cooperative gameplay.
Ignoring communications is by far the worst way for a match to inevitably fail.

I've been in a few PUGs with newbies who were willing to communicate (one had the courage to ask for help). The veterans keep in constant contact with them throughout the match, and I chipped in some advice too. We managed to get the optional with five minutes to spare.

Anecdotal story is anecdotal, but a team with mediocre DPS and good coordination generally does better than teams with one or two high DPS players but no real strategy (particularly in ISE where popping a generator before the others are ready usually brings in a whole world of hurt).

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 26
01-31-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm gonna take a lot of flack for this. But having MACO/OMEGA/KHG gear is not a necessity for running Elite STF missions. But you do need some decent gear. What's required it something which these anecdotes have over and over again. Players need to not be stupid.

The bottom line is have a decent character (you don't have to draped out in Purple Mk XII gear), know how to play the game well, and work as a team (talk to AND listen to other players; stay with the team, if you do something wrong, learn from it. Don't do it again.)
Captain
# 27
01-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
I'm gonna take a lot of flack for this. But having MACO/OMEGA/KHG gear is not a necessity for running Elite STF missions. But you do need some decent gear. What's required it something which these anecdotes have over and over again. Players need to not be stupid.
+1 vote of confidence from me.

I have a mix of Purple/Blue Mk XII gear, and I usually handle my part of the STFs fine.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 28
02-01-2013, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
I'm gonna take a lot of flack for this. But having MACO/OMEGA/KHG gear is not a necessity for running Elite STF mission.
True you don't need it but without it they will be more difficult especially getting optional. I would hate to be in a team full all others players in a elite ground mission without a set it was already bad enough in back to back with multiple players without them. Without the sets you better be smart and good and so many people aren't.
Career Officer
# 29
02-01-2013, 03:44 AM
How well does having Fleet gear compare to having the MACO/Omega gear then?

I've only got Fleet gear myself, and admit to not even trying the STFs since season 7.
Career Officer
# 30
02-01-2013, 04:35 AM
Fleet gear seems to be very good - especially the Elite stuff. Yet for Elite ground STFs, You do lack the Integrated Frequency Remodulator from a full Omega/MACO/KDF-set. Which is rather important IMHO.
Closed Thread